collapse
2019 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $650 (same as last year) to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 13 Sept 2019: $656 donated. $6 more our minimum goal! Let's beat last year's total of $99 more than the minimum!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: new parent here  (Read 3083 times)

cletus90851

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jan 2016
  • Posts: 45
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
new parent here
« on: May 03, 2016, 02:17:13 am »
I mentioned elsewhere on the forum about my wife Molly being pregnant... well thankfully everything went well and we have a healthy 8lb 2oz girl we named May.
just thought I'd let everyone know that all was well.

We will of course be bringing her up Hellenic, but wont discourage her from exploring any and all aspects of paganism when she is old enough, though we will caution her to be wary of fundie christians and the like that would try to brainwash her.

   I personally felt Apollo played a big part in everything going smoothly and so I made the best offering I could as thanks.

My wife Molly has noticed both Maia and Artemis taking a more active interest in her lifeas well.  I'm glad of that.  From my own dealings with Artemis I can reasonably assume with some accuracy that she will be a good help in the learning experiences to come.  Maia...well, I get the sense Hermes invited her so I'm thankful for that too.

Hermes has helped me a lot through the ordeal as well.

cletus90851

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jan 2016
  • Posts: 45
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: new parent here
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 03:11:00 am »
Quote from: cletus90851;190671
I mentioned elsewhere on the forum about my wife Molly being pregnant... well thankfully everything went well and we have a healthy 8lb 2oz girl we named May.
just thought I'd let everyone know that all was well.

We will of course be bringing her up Hellenic, but wont discourage her from exploring any and all aspects of paganism when she is old enough, though we will caution her to be wary of fundie christians and the like that would try to brainwash her.

   I personally felt Apollo played a big part in everything going smoothly and so I made the best offering I could as thanks.

My wife Molly has noticed both Maia and Artemis taking a more active interest in her lifeas well.  I'm glad of that.  From my own dealings with Artemis I can reasonably assume with some accuracy that she will be a good help in the learning experiences to come.  Maia...well, I get the sense Hermes invited her so I'm thankful for that too.

Hermes has helped me a lot through the ordeal as well.

 

Any thoughts, suggestions, or helpful insights as to the months and years to come would be most welcome.  sorry I forgot to add that. havent had much sleep....

Flaming Tsunami

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2016
  • Posts: 2
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: new parent here
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:43:29 am »
Quote from: cletus90851;190671
I mentioned elsewhere on the forum about my wife Molly being pregnant... well thankfully everything went well and we have a healthy 8lb 2oz girl we named May.
just thought I'd let everyone know that all was well.

 
Just here to congratulate you on your healthy baby girl! Wishing her long life and happiness.

cletus90851

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jan 2016
  • Posts: 45
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: new parent here
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 11:15:06 am »
Quote from: Flaming Tsunami;190674
Just here to congratulate you on your healthy baby girl! Wishing her long life and happiness.


Thank you.
    She's so adoeable and chybby in a cute way.  I'm a bit of a worrywart though. every time she wakes up needing fed it always wakes me up too because I worry so much.

Darkhawk

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 4821
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 709
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; CoX; Etc.
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, she, they
Re: new parent here
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:17:34 am »
Quote from: cletus90851;190673
Any thoughts, suggestions, or helpful insights as to the months and years to come would be most welcome.  sorry I forgot to add that. havent had much sleep....

 
"Not having much sleep" will eventually get better.  You can have faith in that. :}
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

MeadowRae

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Oct 2015
  • Location: West Virginia
  • Posts: 410
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 26
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Re: new parent here
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »
Quote from: cletus90851;190671
I mentioned elsewhere on the forum about my wife Molly being pregnant... well thankfully everything went well.

  .

 
Congratulations! That is a big, healthy baby! Our three month old was 7 lbs 14 oz when he was born. Being in a mulifaith household, we don't mind how he observes the divine, either, as long as he isn't a hateful person. Sleep does get better, and you get used to functioning with less. :):)

And try not to worry about her eating enough, babies are really good at telling you they're hungry. (I had the same fears.)
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Jack

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Location: Cascadia
  • Posts: 3168
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 90
    • View Profile
    • Jack of Many Trades
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: new parent here
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 06:12:22 pm »
Congrats!

Quote from: ViolaRae;190684
And try not to worry about her eating enough, babies are really good at telling you they're hungry. (I had the same fears.)

My spouse had to drill the "It's not the meal, it's how much she eats in aggregate over the week that matters" instruction into me. You'll get used to your child's eating habits, I promise.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

cletus90851

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jan 2016
  • Posts: 45
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: new parent here
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 07:28:03 pm »
Quote from: Jack;190685
Congrats!



My spouse had to drill the "It's not the meal, it's how much she eats in aggregate over the week that matters" instruction into me. You'll get used to your child's eating habits, I promise.

 Thanks.  and yeah my wife said something similar, , essentially "if she wasn't getting enough to eat she wouldn't be needing changed as often as she does so relax".

cletus90851

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jan 2016
  • Posts: 45
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: new parent here
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 07:41:43 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;190683
"Not having much sleep" will eventually get better.  You can have faith in that. :}

 
I hope so.  between worrying and lack of sleep...well I wouldn't be surprised if I get ulcers by the end of the week.  Sweet little May is the best blessing we could ever hope for, and my wife and I couldn't be happier.

Noctua

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Apr 2016
  • Posts: 209
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 87
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: new parent here
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 08:48:52 am »
Quote from: cletus90851;190695
I hope so.  between worrying and lack of sleep...well I wouldn't be surprised if I get ulcers by the end of the week.  Sweet little May is the best blessing we could ever hope for, and my wife and I couldn't be happier.

 
Congratulations! And, as the parent of older children, let me assure you that the worry is normal, and never really goes away- it just changes shape. ;) You do get better sleep when they're older however, which is something to look forward to (even though at some point you'll be so sleep deprived that you won't be able to ever imagine a full night's sleep, it does happen eventually I assure you).

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
1029 Views
Last post July 19, 2011, 03:24:11 pm
by cwummel
3 Replies
2122 Views
Last post December 25, 2012, 11:43:54 pm
by Darkhawk
12 Replies
1057 Views
Last post March 17, 2013, 06:41:14 pm
by Kira
4 Replies
455 Views
Last post March 19, 2013, 07:52:49 am
by RandallS
10 Replies
4369 Views
Last post December 07, 2016, 10:26:32 am
by MamaThistle

Special Interest Group

Warning: You are currently in a Special Interest Group on the message board with special rules and focused discussions.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall