Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Westboro strikes again, springfield Illinois KISS concert.  (Read 3705 times)

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Westboro strikes again, springfield Illinois KISS concert.
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:18:34 pm »
Between the website

"WBC will picket the KISS concert at Prairie Captial Convention Center in Springfield, IL to preach the Gospel message that God Hates Fags, Fags Doom Nations ..."

Which I can't actually get to, and the guy at the gas station who told me about it in the first place, apparently there is a counter picket opportunity in Springfield at illinois State Capitol and the UNited Jewish Fund, and then at the KISS concert.  Tomorrow, 7/18.  I wish I could go.
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

Jubes

• Staff
  • Location: Overlooking the bottom of a lake and the beginning of a river....
    • View Profile
Re: Westboro strikes again, springfield Illinois KISS concert.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:41:32 pm »
Quote from: mandrina;5764
Between the website

"WBC will picket the KISS concert at Prairie Captial Convention Center in Springfield, IL to preach the Gospel message that God Hates Fags, Fags Doom Nations ..."

Which I can't actually get to, and the guy at the gas station who told me about it in the first place, apparently there is a counter picket opportunity in Springfield at illinois State Capitol and the UNited Jewish Fund, and then at the KISS concert.  Tomorrow, 7/18.  I wish I could go.

LMAO  WBC  is   really  reaching for  stuff to picket. Last time I looked  Kiss wasn't  gay, perhaps WBC  missed the memo??? From what I heard from  my  front  porch last  weekend  KISS puts on a  pretty  good concert  too,  very  loud   even I don't think WBC will even  be heard, over the fireworks and all. :D:
Armed with  common sense and worldly ways.......

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:44:06 pm »

I can remember back when some religious groups would picket KISS concerts because they were sure KISS was involved in Satanism.  Now KISS is so mainstream WBC just uses them for their silly "God hates Fags" protests. Times, they do change.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Jubes

• Staff
  • Location: Overlooking the bottom of a lake and the beginning of a river....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 07:06:24 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;5776
I can remember back when some religious groups would picket KISS concerts because they were sure KISS was involved in Satanism.  Now KISS is so mainstream WBC just uses them for their silly "God hates Fags" protests. Times, they do change.

Well I for one am really sad WBC didn't think to  protest   KISS here in town last weekend...... that would have be  something funny  in this town. :dwink:
Armed with  common sense and worldly ways.......

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 08:44:18 pm »
Between the website

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first WBC thread on the new board:)

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Ghost of the Navigator

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 01:36:00 am »
Quote from: Melamphoros;5804
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first WBC thread on the new board:)

Wish it was the last one too, meaning I wish that they (WBC) would just go away.  They picketed Iron Maiden's last tour, last year in California.  Its obvious that their only goal is to get someone to attack them physically so that they can sue them latter.  I was quite proud of the Maiden fans for ignoring them or just mocking them as they stood in line to get in to the venue.  

I am very happy they don't show up here, so I don't have to listen to their nonsense.

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 06:47:48 am »
Quote from: Ghost of the Navigator;5876
Wish it was the last one too, meaning I wish that they (WBC) would just go away.  They picketed Iron Maiden's last tour, last year in California.  Its obvious that their only goal is to get someone to attack them physically so that they can sue them latter.  I was quite proud of the Maiden fans for ignoring them or just mocking them as they stood in line to get in to the venue.  

I am very happy they don't show up here, so I don't have to listen to their nonsense.

*bells and whistles goes off in head*

Why didn't we think of it sooner!  WBC picketed a KISS concert because they need money!  Well money and to satisfy their histrionic tendencies....

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 11:59:54 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;5908
*bells and whistles goes off in head*

Why didn't we think of it sooner!  WBC picketed a KISS concert because they need money!  Well money and to satisfy their histrionic tendencies....

I remember when they tried to picket Comic-Con in San Diego last year. The counter-protest that was organized was just...awesome. They really should have known better in that instance. :D

victoreia

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 12:13:05 am »
Quote from: Lokabrenna;6086
I remember when they tried to picket Comic-Con in San Diego last year. The counter-protest that was organized was just...awesome. They really should have known better in that instance. :D

Wait....wha? :confused: They tried to picket Comic-Con?!?!? Well, that just proves there are no brains in that bunch! :dwink:
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Mind how you go. -- Granny Weatherwax

Waterfall

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 02:52:22 am »
Between the website

Too far for me to go to counter protest! It's really sad that I almost wish they'd come here. There last "tour" in Colorado was canceled because they couldn't get out of Kansas. Officially, it was because of the weather, but I like to think the Christian god shot up their vehicle. It was cool that they didn't show up because all the counter protesters and the cops were celebrating in the street. We were all glad we didn't have to see them. But it also sadly means my "Thor Likes Kittens" sign didn't get to be used.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 02:32:36 am »
Quote from: victoreia;6087
Wait....wha? :confused: They tried to picket Comic-Con?!?!? Well, that just proves there are no brains in that bunch! :dwink:

Thread on old board with links to news reports and, of course, Cauldronite snark.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Adrianne Boudreau

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 07:56:13 pm »
Between the website

LOL, can the WBC get any more pathetic? Or sink any lower. Just goes to show you that the Phelps clan are just attention whores with nothing better to do with there time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:59:09 pm by Adrianne Boudreau »
My Official Site Still Under Construction Folks!

Tags: