Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Tennessee girl suspended from school 24 times for ‘foul odor’  (Read 3487 times)

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tennessee girl suspended from school 24 times for ‘foul odor’
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 07:28:18 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;104937
My mom still smokes, though not nearly as much, in her house's attached garage.  She's truly convinced that nobody can smell it inside the house, which my sister and I find stupefying.

I can't visit without doubling my asthma steroid dosage, and yeah, there's the smell that gets into everything.  I accidentally left a toiletry bag at her place and she mailed it back to me.  It smelled so nasty that I couldn't even give it to Goodwill with a clear conscience.

Brina

Hell, I'm a smoker and I think that's nasty. Cigarettes go *outside.* And in a container with a lid when you're through with them, so there's no mess.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;104969
Hell, I'm a smoker and I think that's nasty. Cigarettes go *outside.* And in a container with a lid when you're through with them, so there's no mess.

Would this were my mother's only dalliance with delusion...

Brina

Snowdrop

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 09:21:21 pm »
Quote from: Kira;104966
In her case, the school did nothing - I had to call and ask them to let her change lockers.  They claimed they couldn`t smell anything, which I call BS on, because I went one day and walked by the lockers and the entire hallway smelled.    I felt badly for the little girl whose locker it was, and I hope the school talked to her Mom like they said they were going to.

See, this is why I find this all really bizarre and wish we knew the full story.  Kids smelling bad?  Not unusual.  Kids smelling so bad that they're sent home many times and apparently no one can do anything about the smell?  Really unusual.

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 09:39:37 pm »
Quote from: Kira;104966
My 11 year old just switched lockers because we were all tired of her coming home and reeking of cigarette smoke and cat urine - she and her stuff absorbed the smell from the locker next to hers.  It was awful - I would have to wash her jacket and other outerwear every night, and she would come home in tears because she was so sick of it.  In her case, the school did nothing - I had to call and ask them to let her change lockers.  They claimed they couldn`t smell anything, which I call BS on, because I went one day and walked by the lockers and the entire hallway smelled.    I felt badly for the little girl whose locker it was, and I hope the school talked to her Mom like they said they were going to.

This reminds me of an incident back when I was around nine or ten years old. I sat next to a girl in school at the time who's cat had urinated on her Irish book and the mother wouldn't buy her a new one (it was fairly cheap to get second-hand so I don't know why) and would just use perfumes and Febreeze sprays on it instead. It only made the smell worse.
It got so bad that I would physically want to vomit whenever the teacher asked us to take out the previous night's homework to correct. :sick: I think my mum even had me moved because I just couldn't take it anymore.
I wonder is it in fact an object that the child owns that is carrying the smell? Maybe even some kind of foot odour or an odour coming from shoes? :confused:
What kind of odour too? It doesn't really specify does it? :confused:
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Kira

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 09:53:08 pm »
Quote from: Snowdrop;104986
See, this is why I find this all really bizarre and wish we knew the full story.  Kids smelling bad?  Not unusual.  Kids smelling so bad that they're sent home many times and apparently no one can do anything about the smell?  Really unusual.

Honestly - and apologies if this is getting too far from the original topic - but I wonder if teachers just don't smell things like the rest of us do.  My six year old's grade one class was showing off some of their projects the other day, so I went to see them, and while I was in there, someone in the class farted, and it smelled like someone had actually dirtied their pants.  I had to leave the room, but the teacher's didn't even bat an eyelash.  And you think about that wonderful stage before tweeners discover deodorant, and what that must get to smelling like...Anyway, for this school to even notice that something is going on tells me something about how strong the odour is. I sure hope, for that poor little girl's sake, that they find something to fix, you know?  Because childhood is hard enough without having that strike against you.

Kira

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 09:59:25 pm »
Quote from: Cág;104989
This reminds me of an incident back when I was around nine or ten years old. I sat next to a girl in school at the time who's cat had urinated on her Irish book and the mother wouldn't buy her a new one (it was fairly cheap to get second-hand so I don't know why) and would just use perfumes and Febreeze sprays on it instead. It only made the smell worse.
It got so bad that I would physically want to vomit whenever the teacher asked us to take out the previous night's homework to correct. :sick: I think my mum even had me moved because I just couldn't take it anymore.
I wonder is it in fact an object that the child owns that is carrying the smell? Maybe even some kind of foot odour or an odour coming from shoes? :confused:
What kind of odour too? It doesn't really specify does it? :confused:

Oh, Febreeze + cat pee is just the best.  Let's just pile the odours on top of each other.  

Maybe this kid's backpack sits next to an unclean litter box or something?  Objects can hold odours forever, it seems like.  I feel so bad for this kid - I hope they find an answer.

Tags: