collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Plan B Contraception Makers Ask for US to Change Its Policy.  (Read 12528 times)

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Plan B Contraception Makers Ask for US to Change Its Policy.
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2011, 05:55:39 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;34203

And to put this in perspective, I turned 21 this year. It's a disturbing thought that this might be actually getting worse and not better when it comes to sex ed.

Want to hear something really scary?  I'm just three years older than you and from the Bible Belt and the sex ed I got in school was actually competent.  They didn't shy away from condoms at any rate and had pretty much the same class every year from grades six to ten.  Also they explained what sexual harassment is.  No, no one dressed as a panda.

Kind of freaky:eek:

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2011, 08:26:07 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;34200
...She had had absolutely no warning and thought a snake had bitten her (she was peeing in the woods the first time her period came, so the snake part was understandable, I guess)  She didn't want us to be as 'innocent' as her parents thought she should be.

Absent

My mom had a similar experience. At thirteen, she got her first period. She thought she was dying.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2011, 08:29:00 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;34203

There was never a sex talk, and I am so damn lucky I didn't end up pregnant with my first boyfriend (which I don't know when or if she ever knew we were sexually active) because we used the pull-out method. These days I want to smack myself for being so stupid and naive, but then I think about it... was it really my fault? Or his? We truely believed it was "good enough", but now we don't because we KNOW. But no one TOLD us back then, nor did we even think of trying to reach out or ask someone or look it up on the internet, because we didn't realize there was a problem.

Oh, gods! Me, too! We used the pull-out method and it's really, really lucky that we didn't get knocked up.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; CoX; Etc.
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, she, they
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2011, 08:57:43 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;34234
My mom had a similar experience. At thirteen, she got her first period. She thought she was dying.

I know someone who tried to, ah, put a band-aid on it.  Conservative Christian upbringing for the win, eh?
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Miss

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2011, 09:36:31 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;34234

I started when I was ten and I also thought I was going to die. However, I was afraid of doctors and hid the fact that I was bleeding from my mother. I was kind of strange.

My sex ed was very good, and I do come from a conservative town in Arizona. Not a liberal state in general. Lol. They described the efficiency of each method,use two types, etc.

They also threw in the whole encouragement to wait stuff. The lady put clear duct tape on my arm, then another, and other. The duct time,collecting skin cells, obviously stopped being sticky. She said," This is like relationships. The more you have sex, the bond between your new relationships gets weaker."

So *that* part I highly,highly disagree with. Saying that having sex makes your future relationships meaningless is a downright lie. They also passed out the whole "abstinence ID" card stuff. Least they covered some good health stuff. You had to get signed permission from your parents,though. They also only offered it once during your entire high school life in the 9th grade.

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2011, 09:50:44 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;34238
I know someone who tried to, ah, put a band-aid on it.  Conservative Christian upbringing for the win, eh?

And people wonder why so many of us get so pissed at that school of thought.  People think education is expensive, yet ignorance (especially willful), can sure have more severe consequences.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

Tags: