collapse

* Recent Posts

Re: Hello, all! by PerditaPickle
[Yesterday at 05:16:11 pm]


Hello, all! by pvtSMR
[Yesterday at 05:02:24 pm]


Re: new & uncertain! by sevensons
[Yesterday at 02:07:26 am]


Re: new & uncertain! by anubisa
[Yesterday at 12:50:46 am]


Re: new & uncertain! by PerditaPickle
[January 23, 2021, 07:00:39 pm]

Author Topic: High-risk oil, gas wells checks lack funding  (Read 1051 times)

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10271
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 284
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
High-risk oil, gas wells checks lack funding
« on: September 15, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »
"The U.S. Bureau of Land Management lacks sufficient resources to inspect high-risk oil and gas wells on federal land as a drilling boom continues in Wyoming, Colorado and other states, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said Tuesday. The Obama administration has proposed a fee on oil and gas drillers that would allow the land management agency to hire more than 60 inspectors, but the proposal has not gained traction in Congress."

Read the Article
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

sailor

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1505
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: High-risk oil, gas wells checks lack funding
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 09:01:42 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;180024
"The U.S. Bureau of Land Management lacks sufficient resources to inspect high-risk oil and gas wells on federal land as a drilling boom continues in Wyoming, Colorado and other states, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said Tuesday. The Obama administration has proposed a fee on oil and gas drillers that would allow the land management agency to hire more than 60 inspectors, but the proposal has not gained traction in Congress."

Read the Article

 
Nah, outsource the inspection like they do with ship safety.  Those inspectors charge by the hour, and if they have to come back to witness repairs or corrections they can charge again. Also, inspections are mandatory every year plus for certain incidents, so getting them out there on a weekend or holiday is overtime.

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10271
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 284
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: High-risk oil, gas wells checks lack funding
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 09:16:00 pm »
Quote from: sailor;180040
Nah, outsource the inspection like they do with ship safety.  Those inspectors charge by the hour, and if they have to come back to witness repairs or corrections they can charge again. Also, inspections are mandatory every year plus for certain incidents, so getting them out there on a weekend or holiday is overtime.

Who pays for the inspectors, the government or the ship owners?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

sailor

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1505
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: High-risk oil, gas wells checks lack funding
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 09:50:07 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;180041
Who pays for the inspectors, the government or the ship owners?

 
Ship owners.

The govt inspectors then spot check the rigs to make sure that the private inspectors are doing their job.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
16 Replies
3186 Views
Last post January 30, 2012, 12:41:04 pm
by Owl
12 Replies
3465 Views
Last post July 17, 2012, 06:19:31 pm
by ccam
9 Replies
1909 Views
Last post August 29, 2012, 06:11:32 am
by Haugatysja
3 Replies
1208 Views
Last post December 09, 2012, 02:20:40 am
by tophathaiku
2 Replies
1489 Views
Last post October 01, 2019, 06:50:21 am
by Altair

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal