collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Amy Winehouse Found Dead: Age 27  (Read 4487 times)

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Amy Winehouse Found Dead: Age 27
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 11:21:09 am »
Quote from: Melamphoros;7641
Now that you mention it, the fact that she never wanted help seems to make the situation at least a bit more tragic.  From some of the reports I've been reading,  she pretty much pushed her family away so I can only imagine how they're taking it.

I posted a comment on my Facebook that echoes these (and Dark's and Aislings) sentiments:

"I have to admit, I find it difficult to feel grief for someone who reveled in, exploited and glorified her illness to the point where she couldn't even perform. She claimed her illness was the key to her creativity and her art. I'm sorry, but that just isn't art in my book, and frankly, her actions trivialize art and being an artist."

I feel terrible for her family, and for everyone who has to watch someone destroy themselves seemingly without remorse. It's one thing to battle demons; I feel that it's rather another to call upon those demons again and again.
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Auress

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 11:57:04 am »
Quote from: Finn;7693
I posted a comment on my Facebook that echoes these (and Dark's and Aislings) sentiments:

"I have to admit, I find it difficult to feel grief for someone who reveled in, exploited and glorified her illness to the point where she couldn't even perform. She claimed her illness was the key to her creativity and her art. I'm sorry, but that just isn't art in my book, and frankly, her actions trivialize art and being an artist."

I feel terrible for her family, and for everyone who has to watch someone destroy themselves seemingly without remorse. It's one thing to battle demons; I feel that it's rather another to call upon those demons again and again.

Having been a drug addict myself, I can tell you it's very hard to kick it. Sometimes you don't want to hear it, sometimes you don't want to deal with it, and sometimes you just like the drugs more than anything else.

The reason I feel terrible for Amy is because, I know what it's like to be in that situation. It's sad, for her and the family.

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 01:35:52 pm »
Quote from: Vermillion;7711
Having been a drug addict myself, I can tell you it's very hard to kick it. Sometimes you don't want to hear it, sometimes you don't want to deal with it, and sometimes you just like the drugs more than anything else.

The reason I feel terrible for Amy is because, I know what it's like to be in that situation. It's sad, for her and the family.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to sound like a bitch. I have no experience to come from, and so I'm taking a pretty presumptuous leap already. :ashamed:

Because it's true: it's terrible for her family. To be honest, I think have more grief for them, having to watch her destroy herself. I can only hope she was simply blind to how much pain she was causing, because, based on her actions and her statements, if she was aware... I don't think I could summon up the pity for her she deserves. If that makes me sound cold or a bitch, I'm sorry.

Auress

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 03:27:35 pm »
Quote from: Finn;7735
I'm sorry. I don't mean to sound like a bitch. I have no experience to come from, and so I'm taking a pretty presumptuous leap already. :ashamed:

Because it's true: it's terrible for her family. To be honest, I think have more grief for them, having to watch her destroy herself. I can only hope she was simply blind to how much pain she was causing, because, based on her actions and her statements, if she was aware... I don't think I could summon up the pity for her she deserves. If that makes me sound cold or a bitch, I'm sorry.

Oh, no no! You didn't sound like a bitch. I was just putting forth a different perspective is all. All is well. :D: I don't necessarily have sympathy for her, because I can say that you definitely have to WANT to be sober and clean. And Amy didn't want that, so destructive lifestyles usually end this way and in that way, it's not a shock and definitely not something that particularly deserving of sympathy. What I find more sad is that she didn't WANT more out of life. That's tragic. Her death was inevitable, though.

You are all good, hun. :)

Inca

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;7662
Couldn't agree more, actually.  She did blow it, by her own choices.  My sadness isn't for her so much as the people who did care about what happened to her. It's a terrible feeling to watch someone go down that road, knowing you can't do a thing to stop their self-destruction.

I don't know, it makes me still feel sad, because someone that self-destructs still is in pain. I mean - it looked like she had options to us, but the options didn't register with her... Someone who 'had it all' and yet dies at 27 in such circumstances... didn't have it all. To me that only illustrates how deap the pain was.

Also, I really don't know if everyone can be cured or saved. I think it is very attractive to believe so, but I don't know. Because - how can you make someone wanting to want to be cured, and isn't the fact that someone doesn't 'want' it enough itself a symptom rather than a conscious choice?
I am not willing to judge, and I feel sad for her.

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 04:01:06 pm »
Quote from: Vermillion;7761
What I find more sad is that she didn't WANT more out of life. That's tragic. Her death was inevitable, though.

*nod*

You hit it on the head.

You are all good, hun. :)

Yay. Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:01:25 pm by Finn »

Tags: