Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Actor Causes Outrage Over Sex Abuse Comments  (Read 1785 times)

Dark Midnight

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Actor Causes Outrage Over Sex Abuse Comments
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:16:16 am »
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/sex-abuse-victims-being-punished-for-previous-sins--says-bill-roache-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-094055053.html

Wow. What an idiot! As a British person, I apologise for this imbecile's complete and utter asshattery. I'm ashamed to be from the same area as this plank. :o :ashamed:
"No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy." (Melamphoros)
AKA Thundercougarfalconbird..... (Thanks Nyktipolos!)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Actor Causes Outrage Over Sex Abuse Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:39:52 am »
Quote from: Dark Midnight;101900
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/sex-abuse-victims-being-punished-for-previous-sins--says-bill-roache-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-094055053.html

Wow. What an idiot! As a British person, I apologise for this imbecile's complete and utter asshattery. I'm ashamed to be from the same area as this plank. :o :ashamed:

His other comments seem almost equally idiotic. I'm happy to say I have no idea who this actor is.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:46:08 am »
Quote from: Altair;101902
His other comments seem almost equally idiotic. I'm happy to say I have no idea who this actor is.

He's a soap opera star, been on Coronation Street for 40 years (all hail IMDB), and received an M.B.E. for service to Dramatic Television.  Coronation Street has pretty much been his video media career.  He may have been on the stage.
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

mlr52

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.GIN.michaellrichardson.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 11:53:53 am »

Sounds like he is laying a defense for himself latter if needed.
Light Your Candle, In Love and Service, Blessed Be.
I am a Notary Public for The State of New York, - I do not charge for Notary Fee\'s, I Live in Brooklyn, N.Y.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:05:57 pm »
Quote from: Altair;101902

Same here. I've never heard of him -- fortunately.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

SPhoenix

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:17:21 pm »

He expressed his views terribly. However, I understand some of what he's saying. He's not saying that pedos should be pardoned, but rather that walking around angry and condemning will bring each of us to a bad place in life.

In my childhood, I experienced terrible, horrific things that most people can't even bear to read about. What I learned from that is that everything can be forgiven... but many things should never be PARDONED.

Our culture has changed the meaning of forgiveness. What forgiveness is really about is not what the dictionary claims. It's NOT about pardon, it's about letting go of our emotional attachment to feelings of condemnation, hatred, and the desire for revenge.

The people who killed my mother should not be pardoned. But for my own health and happiness, forgiving them was the right thing--if you look at forgiveness as letting go of the whole emotional pile that comes from being harmed.

I don't agree that children who have suffered do so because of a past life. Parents manifest for their children until the children come of age to take over their own destinies. Parents need to work to learn manifesting and controlling their own thinking. Our children's experiences are at stake, as well as our own manifest destinies.

That being said, I also must say that most manifesting is done unconsciously, and so being angry, accusing, or hateful about is pointless. It doesn't serve the person who we are angry at. More importantly, it doesn't serve us personally.

Now, as far as people being trapped... yeah, sorry, I know what he's saying. Some young girls present themselves as being well over what age they really are. These young girls just want to get themselves a celebrity, and they don't care about the consequences for the celeb. They lie and they use fake IDs, and then the celeb must pay for not doing a full background check on them. This has happened to many "regular joes", too. These girls know what they are doing when they lie about their age, they just don't care. They should share culpability for it. I'm sure that makes me a tool or a shank or whatever, too. But at the end of the day, this is an altogether too common scenario. These girls want what they want and they go out and get it. Then they get mad when the celeb doesn't fall for them any more than they fell for the other 30 girls who did the same thing before them. This is a social problem as much as anything else.

Anyhow, some of what he said was just abrasive and stupid. But some of it made sense if you understood what he was trying (and failing) to say. In my personal opinion, anyway.

Yes, we should let the law take care of things, rather than spending our lives dwelling in anger and hate. The law SHOULD take care of those things, too. We should expect, even demand that. Because pedos don't change, and they can't be fixed. They should be removed from the general population, not as putative action, but as protective action for children.

Anyway, he clearly stated that he found pedophilia reprehensible. With that in mind, it's easier to understand that he didn't mean celebs should be pardoned if they go out and find a 9 year old and perform sex acts with that child. He's saying that when a girl fakes her age, some degree of understanding towards the person fooled by that lie should be exercised. And I agree, up to a point.

I don't think his views are as embarrassing as his inability to express them well.

Tags: