collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Do you accept other religions?  (Read 38258 times)

Goddess_Ashtara

• Journeyman
  • DINGIR NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Nexion 3127
Re: Do you accept other religions?
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2017, 02:09:36 am »
Quote from: Varconus;7169

Its a simple question really: Do you accept other religions/faiths, and might consider that they are right?

I do not accept any religion as "right", as I do not approach religions with some perspective of them being "right" or "wrong".  I absorb and utilize strength, power, wisdom, and beauty from any religion I Will, and completely understand that these things can be found within any religion.
𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨
NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨

Otter

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2017, 06:15:23 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;205945
Which religions are you talking about here?

Basically, most religions.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #257 on: May 10, 2017, 06:42:54 pm »
Quote from: Otter;205966
Basically, most religions.

Yaaaaaaay horrifying overgeneralisations!
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2017, 12:50:33 am »
Quote from: Castus;205970
Yaaaaaaay horrifying overgeneralisations!
That's unheard of in paganism!

I'm really curious which ones get a pass from "most" now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Jainarayan

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2017, 10:42:27 am »

To put it simply, yes I do. I believe that Krishna was the avatar of Vishnu and the perfect manifestation of the person of God. This is what Krishna had to say about other religions:

"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me."

So I really have no reason to doubt that other religions are valid. The God I worship says that other religions actually DO reward their followers with the afterlives that they promise. That is not quite the same thing as thinking my own religion might be wrong, which is also something I often feel. I am chronically agnostic and go through periods where I doubt my beliefs.

He further goes on to say that if someone wants to worship another god/dess or demi-god/dess, and does it with faith, he will make that faith steady, though they don't see it the true way. He says that whether people know it or not, they are worshiping him. So yes, even Sri Krishna says other religions are valid. Who am I to gainsay him?  ;)

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2017, 10:45:45 pm »
He further goes on to say that if someone wants to worship another god/dess or demi-god/dess, and does it with faith, he will make that faith steady, though they don't see it the true way. He says that whether people know it or not, they are worshiping him. So yes, even Sri Krishna says other religions are valid. Who am I to gainsay him?  ;)

Indeed. It was actually that quote, among other things Krishna said in the Gita and Bhagavata Purana, that made me want to become a Hindu in the first place. I was looking for a religion that didn't have rejection of other beliefs written into its core philosophy. 
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Naunau

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2017, 09:06:57 am »
Don't know if this is the right forum, but I didnt find a more suiting :-)

Its a simple question really: Do you accept other religions/faiths, and might consider that they are right?

Maybe I'm completely missing the point of the question, but if they're well understood I think they're "right" in regards to themselves.  As in, this is what this religion in this context is like. That doesn't mean they might sound right to my own values, morals or even tastes.

Sometimes, when something really rubs me the wrong way, it's hard to accept something the way it is. For example I've tried to "connect" with Christianism, by the virtue of being the only thing around, and it was a complete failure on several levels. I thought "maybe i just don't know enough, or I don't understand it, or I am unjustifiably antipathetic towards it, maybe I can turn this into something that is mine where nothing is currently to be found", and it just turned out that the problems where deeper than I had imagined.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:14:25 am by Naunau »

Tags: