Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Christianity  (Read 3193 times)

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: N/A
Christianity
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:47:52 pm »
I became a Christian today. I have had a discussion with my parents and they expressed they needed me to become Christian like them. It was very painful but I know it will be okay. I will always love Hecate. I will wear my crystal hematite necklace, which symbolizes Hecate, until I die. I was Christian in the past and I still love Jesus so it is not painful for me to pray to him. I will still stay on this site because I love pagans and the Goddess and God still and love to read what others write and experience. I will just be writing about Jesus.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
Re: Christianity
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 08:13:18 pm »
I became a Christian today. ... It was very painful but I know it will be okay.

Is there a particular Christian denomination that you are identifying with?
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 08:24:43 pm »
Is there a particular Christian denomination that you are identifying with?

Non demoninational. That is what my family is.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 09:00:21 pm »
Non demoninational. That is what my family is.

I'm really not big on conversion by pressure, in any form. I do understand living within one's parents' wishes, especially if you are still in their home or dependent upon them, but I would hope that there is genuine interest in your heart to know the God of Christianity better.

In my experience he is a lot friendlier and more accessible than even most Christians think...but he really, really wants you to know and internalize the message he took two thousand years to set down in the Scriptures before he begins to tell you anything more. There's a lot of false teaching and ideas out there, and if you don't have a rock-solid foundation you will indeed be blown about by every wind of doctrine.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »
I'm really not big on conversion by pressure, in any form. I do understand living within one's parents' wishes, especially if you are still in their home or dependent upon them, but I would hope that there is genuine interest in your heart to know the God of Christianity better.

In my experience he is a lot friendlier and more accessible than even most Christians think...but he really, really wants you to know and internalize the message he took two thousand years to set down in the Scriptures before he begins to tell you anything more. There's a lot of false teaching and ideas out there, and if you don't have a rock-solid foundation you will indeed be blown about by every wind of doctrine.
Thank you for your kind words. I am really struggling. I am a pagan at heart but I don't want to hurt my family. I have to lie to them that I am Christian. But I feel maybe I should stay pagan in secret and continue to lie. I love Hecate and Paganism so much.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 01:31:37 pm »
Thank you for your kind words. I am really struggling. I am a pagan at heart but I don't want to hurt my family. I have to lie to them that I am Christian. But I feel maybe I should stay pagan in secret and continue to lie. I love Hecate and Paganism so much.

One thing I'm 100% sure of: My God HATES lying. You will do neither yourself nor your parents any favors by misrepresenting your beliefs; in fact, I think you are certain to make the situation worse all around.

On The Other Hand, silence is not a lie. My parents are the ones who dragged me into the mental hospital because I believed that God was actually talking to me. It makes them happy to think that their poor dear little boy is sick and that as long as he takes his medications Everything Will Be All Right. So, I take my medications and go to the doctor like a good boy...and I continue to pursue my God in my own way. If I am asked a direct question I will not misrepresent and I will give an equally direct and honest answer...but I'm not going to bring the subject up unless they do. For the past several years, they haven't.

--------Eric H. Bowen

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 01:54:28 pm »
One thing I'm 100% sure of: My God HATES lying. You will do neither yourself nor your parents any favors by misrepresenting your beliefs; in fact, I think you are certain to make the situation worse all around.

On The Other Hand, silence is not a lie. My parents are the ones who dragged me into the mental hospital because I believed that God was actually talking to me. It makes them happy to think that their poor dear little boy is sick and that as long as he takes his medications Everything Will Be All Right. So, I take my medications and go to the doctor like a good boy...and I continue to pursue my God in my own way. If I am asked a direct question I will not misrepresent and I will give an equally direct and honest answer...but I'm not going to bring the subject up unless they do. For the past several years, they haven't.
I hate lying too. I see that I am still drawn to paganism and that I may need to rethink saying that I am Christian. I think Christianity is a beautiful religion though and I think Jesus is a beautiful God. I am sorry that your parents make you take medications because you talk to the Lord. I am on medication too. I dislike being on medication. I will pray that you will be able to practice your spirituality in peace.

Uneryx

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's eclectic (woogie woogie woogie)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 11:45:04 pm »
I hate lying too. I see that I am still drawn to paganism and that I may need to rethink saying that I am Christian. I think Christianity is a beautiful religion though and I think Jesus is a beautiful God. I am sorry that your parents make you take medications because you talk to the Lord. I am on medication too. I dislike being on medication. I will pray that you will be able to practice your spirituality in peace.
Bluerose, I really think you should have a sit down with yourself and really examine what you want. Leave the opinions of your parents, your deities, the other people on this forum and any other influences you have out of it and ask:

What do YOU want?

I know it's not easy, especially when you're motivated to please others. But it's an important question.

Also, I'd advise looking up the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Network. I think they'll have resources that will benefit you. Takingbackourselves.com looks useful.

But I really feel that neither Hekate nor Jesus wants this constant vascillating. Once you know your own mind and what it is you want out of religion - not because you have to, not because you were coerced or guilted, not because it's what is comfortable but because it is what you want and fits for you - I think you'll be a lot happier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Goddess_Ashtara

• Journeyman
  • DINGIR NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Nexion 3127
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 12:25:01 am »
I became a Christian today. I have had a discussion with my parents and they expressed they needed me to become Christian like them. It was very painful but I know it will be okay. I will always love Hecate. I will wear my crystal hematite necklace, which symbolizes Hecate, until I die. I was Christian in the past and I still love Jesus so it is not painful for me to pray to him. I will still stay on this site because I love pagans and the Goddess and God still and love to read what others write and experience. I will just be writing about Jesus.

Embrace both then.  Embrace the Abrahamic God through Christ if that is your Will but embrace your goddess as well.  Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to choose between the two.  I worship several gods and goddesses myself... including the Abrahamic supreme God YHVH, above all others.  Abrahamism has polytheistic roots... allow your spirituality to return there if that is your Will.

𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨
NIN EDINLIL AK IMEN
𒊩𒆪  𒂔𒇸𒀝  𒄿𒈨

Yei

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Mexica Reconstructionism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 06:32:44 am »
Bluerose, I really think you should have a sit down with yourself and really examine what you want. Leave the opinions of your parents, your deities, the other people on this forum and any other influences you have out of it and ask:

What do YOU want?

I know it's not easy, especially when you're motivated to please others. But it's an important question.

To build on this, what do you actually believe and value? What is important in your life?

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 12:48:34 pm »

What do YOU want?

Also, I'd advise looking up the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Network. I think they'll have resources that will benefit you. Takingbackourselves.com looks useful.

But I really feel that neither Hekate nor Jesus wants this constant vascillating. Once you know your own mind and what it is you want out of religion - not because you have to, not because you were coerced or guilted, not because it's what is comfortable but because it is what you want and fits for you - I think you'll be a lot happier.

You are right. I do need to have a sit down with myself and figure out what I really want. I have experienced a lot of spiritual and ritual abuse and it has left me unconfident of my own opinions and feelings. I appreciate you sharing with me the Spiritual Abuse Survivor Network and Takingbackourselves.com. They look wonderful. I will have a sit down with myself and see just what I want and need. Thank you so much.

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »
Embrace both then.  Embrace the Abrahamic God through Christ if that is your Will but embrace your goddess as well.  Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to choose between the two.  I worship several gods and goddesses myself... including the Abrahamic supreme God YHVH, above all others.  Abrahamism has polytheistic roots... allow your spirituality to return there if that is your Will.

It is beautiful that you worship several Gods and Goddesses including YHVH. Thank you for saying I can embrace both. I am still struggling to heal from past spiritual and ritual abuse but I feel this site is helping me find my way. Blessings to you.

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 12:54:25 pm »
To build on this, what do you actually believe and value? What is important in your life?

I believe there are many Gods and Goddesses. I believe that the Gods and Goddesses love us very much. I believe that love is the most important thing and that we are all meant to be loving and healing people. What is important in my life? My family is very important to me. The internet is important to me. Being able to heal and be a healer is very important to me.

Uneryx

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's eclectic (woogie woogie woogie)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 11:08:13 pm »
I believe there are many Gods and Goddesses. I believe that the Gods and Goddesses love us very much. I believe that love is the most important thing and that we are all meant to be loving and healing people. What is important in my life? My family is very important to me. The internet is important to me. Being able to heal and be a healer is very important to me.
Then hold that close and let none take that away from you.

Bluerose31

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 12:21:37 pm »
Then hold that close and let none take that away from you.

You are right Uneryx :)

Tags: