collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: study of Trance-Portation  (Read 3432 times)

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Magpie eclectic feral urban hedge druid(ish)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: study of Trance-Portation
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;152954
Do you have an e-reader or a Kindle app?* It's available as an ebook.

*You can get the app free for Android/iPhone and PC. Which you no doubt know, being a computerly type, but maybe others reading don't!

While I do have ebook access, I'd much rather have it in paper form.  Call it a personal quirk. :)
All knowledge is worth having.
It doesn't stop being magic just because you know how it works.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 04:50:00 pm »
Quote from: Juni;153008
I liked having a distinct thread for each chapter, but my copy isn't here so I don't know if each chapter would provide enough content to warrant individual threads? On the other hand, having a single thread does keep the conversation together and more connected, and allows us to link things from chapter to chapter a little easier.

(My longwinded way of saying I have no particular preference!)

I wasn't sure how my time was going to be since I am visiting family at the moment, so I read the introduction and chapter 1 when I had some time, and they aren't super long.  I don't know if later chapters will be longer though.  

Having a separate thread for each chapter might make it easier to find specific discussions, especially once we are a few chapters in, but it might make discussion about things that reference multiple chapters more tricky. Both ways have pro's and con's.

I think if we make it a group, one thread per chapter (perhaps with a separate thread for general thoughts or whole book discussion) would work better, but if we are keeping it in the main forum, a single thread (maybe with a bold post to mark the start of a new chapter) would be less clutter.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

NiDara

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheism, Clann Bhride
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her they/them
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:14 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;153106
I wasn't sure how my time was going to be since I am visiting family at the moment, so I read the introduction and chapter 1 when I had some time, and they aren't super long.  I don't know if later chapters will be longer though.  

Having a separate thread for each chapter might make it easier to find specific discussions, especially once we are a few chapters in, but it might make discussion about things that reference multiple chapters more tricky. Both ways have pro's and con's.

I think if we make it a group, one thread per chapter (perhaps with a separate thread for general thoughts or whole book discussion) would work better, but if we are keeping it in the main forum, a single thread (maybe with a bold post to mark the start of a new chapter) would be less clutter.

I hope I'm not too late in posting in this thread, but I'm interested in it. Does anyone mind if I join in? I've had a print copy in my bookshelf for a while and never really knew what to do with it. I figured it'd be something good to cover with a group. I'm open to whatever arrangement for the posting of replies in threads. :)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 08:07:05 am »
Quote from: Amber Seal;153133
I hope I'm not too late in posting in this thread, but I'm interested in it. Does anyone mind if I join in? I've had a print copy in my bookshelf for a while and never really knew what to do with it. I figured it'd be something good to cover with a group. I'm open to whatever arrangement for the posting of replies in threads. :)

The first discussion thread is here: Tranceportation - Intro and First Chapter.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:07:28 am by veggiewolf »
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 09:34:11 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;154278
The first discussion thread is here: Tranceportation - Intro and First Chapter.

Still interested, but Local Pagan Store is being awkwardly slow in actually getting a copy of the book to me. I'll join in when I can.

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 10:56:40 am »
Quote from: Amphibian;154342
Still interested, but Local Pagan Store is being awkwardly slow in actually getting a copy of the book to me. I'll join in when I can.

Just got a call from them; my copy has arrived! I am, naturally, out of town. Which is kinda disappointing, as I've got a substantial wodge of time on the plane flight home that could have been 'work on things' time. Oh well. It'll be there when I get there, I suppose.

Tags: