collapse

Author Topic: study of Trance-Portation  (Read 1393 times)

Amphibian

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2013
  • Location: Idaho
  • Posts: 171
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druid in training
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them/their
Re: study of Trance-Portation
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;152954
Do you have an e-reader or a Kindle app?* It's available as an ebook.

*You can get the app free for Android/iPhone and PC. Which you no doubt know, being a computerly type, but maybe others reading don't!

While I do have ebook access, I'd much rather have it in paper form.  Call it a personal quirk. :)

Kylara

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 881
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 62
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: study of Trance-Portation
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 04:50:00 pm »
Quote from: Juni;153008
I liked having a distinct thread for each chapter, but my copy isn't here so I don't know if each chapter would provide enough content to warrant individual threads? On the other hand, having a single thread does keep the conversation together and more connected, and allows us to link things from chapter to chapter a little easier.

(My longwinded way of saying I have no particular preference!)

 
I wasn't sure how my time was going to be since I am visiting family at the moment, so I read the introduction and chapter 1 when I had some time, and they aren't super long.  I don't know if later chapters will be longer though.  

Having a separate thread for each chapter might make it easier to find specific discussions, especially once we are a few chapters in, but it might make discussion about things that reference multiple chapters more tricky. Both ways have pro's and con's.

I think if we make it a group, one thread per chapter (perhaps with a separate thread for general thoughts or whole book discussion) would work better, but if we are keeping it in the main forum, a single thread (maybe with a bold post to mark the start of a new chapter) would be less clutter.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

NiDara

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 260
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 8
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheism, Clann Bhride
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her they/them
Re: study of Trance-Portation
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:14 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;153106
I wasn't sure how my time was going to be since I am visiting family at the moment, so I read the introduction and chapter 1 when I had some time, and they aren't super long.  I don't know if later chapters will be longer though.  

Having a separate thread for each chapter might make it easier to find specific discussions, especially once we are a few chapters in, but it might make discussion about things that reference multiple chapters more tricky. Both ways have pro's and con's.

I think if we make it a group, one thread per chapter (perhaps with a separate thread for general thoughts or whole book discussion) would work better, but if we are keeping it in the main forum, a single thread (maybe with a bold post to mark the start of a new chapter) would be less clutter.


I hope I'm not too late in posting in this thread, but I'm interested in it. Does anyone mind if I join in? I've had a print copy in my bookshelf for a while and never really knew what to do with it. I figured it'd be something good to cover with a group. I'm open to whatever arrangement for the posting of replies in threads. :)

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: study of Trance-Portation
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 08:07:05 am »
Quote from: Amber Seal;153133
I hope I'm not too late in posting in this thread, but I'm interested in it. Does anyone mind if I join in? I've had a print copy in my bookshelf for a while and never really knew what to do with it. I figured it'd be something good to cover with a group. I'm open to whatever arrangement for the posting of replies in threads. :)

The first discussion thread is here: Tranceportation - Intro and First Chapter.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:07:28 am by veggiewolf »
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Amphibian

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2013
  • Location: Idaho
  • Posts: 171
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druid in training
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them/their
Re: study of Trance-Portation
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 09:34:11 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;154278
The first discussion thread is here: Tranceportation - Intro and First Chapter.

 
Still interested, but Local Pagan Store is being awkwardly slow in actually getting a copy of the book to me. I'll join in when I can.

Amphibian

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2013
  • Location: Idaho
  • Posts: 171
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druid in training
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them/their
Re: study of Trance-Portation
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 10:56:40 am »
Quote from: Amphibian;154342
Still interested, but Local Pagan Store is being awkwardly slow in actually getting a copy of the book to me. I'll join in when I can.

Just got a call from them; my copy has arrived! I am, naturally, out of town. Which is kinda disappointing, as I've got a substantial wodge of time on the plane flight home that could have been 'work on things' time. Oh well. It'll be there when I get there, I suppose.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
10 Replies
1759 Views
Last post January 21, 2012, 03:52:33 pm
by GaiaDianne
18 Replies
6630 Views
Last post June 26, 2012, 11:01:28 pm
by Aryel32
4 Replies
1304 Views
Last post September 07, 2014, 05:51:55 am
by Naomi J
4 Replies
1187 Views
Last post December 27, 2015, 05:18:21 pm
by Elding
2 Replies
680 Views
Last post February 14, 2017, 04:08:15 am
by Dynes Hysbys

Special Interest Group

Warning: You are currently in a Special Interest Group on the message board with special rules and focused discussions.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall