Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Phouka is being concecrated to Macha  (Read 2244 times)

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Phouka is being concecrated to Macha
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 05:28:30 pm »
Quote from: Phouka;137526

I don't have to be celibate, however if I do date (I'm thinking about it), I will have to be totally honest in any relationship I get into. As in my profile has to say I'm pagan and a member of clergy. I've never hidden my beliefs, but I have danced around telling people since I've been in SC.

Thank all of you for your wishes. I wish some of you lived close by and could come. You are, after all, my online family.

So I registered on the Our Time dating site and put in my intro that I was a pagan and soon to be ordained to Macha's service and that I'm 230 lbs but working on losing some of it.

I'm actually surprised because I've had 2 flirts and they were fascinated by my religion. I haven't yet replied due to all the reading necessary for my English Composition class.

I also let it be known to my professor and classmates that I'm pagan. I expected some argument but again the 2 responses I go were respectful and supportive.

My friends and family of choice are absolutely glowing with pride at my initiative. One of the oaths I will be taking is that I won't do the Don't Ask Don't Tell anymore. I am to be upfront in any relationship I am in.

The only person who isn't happy for me is my blood sister. But she has a lot of issues with 'family business' and 'public business'.

Anyway, the only thing I'm fashing on right now is how much reading I have to do for Comp class. But I finally finished today. Along with 3 assignments.  Whew!!

Phouka

Freesia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 06:50:19 pm »
Quote from: Phouka;140025

I also let it be known to my professor and classmates that I'm pagan. I expected some argument but again the 2 responses I go were respectful and supportive.

My friends and family of choice are absolutely glowing with pride at my initiative. One of the oaths I will be taking is that I won't do the Don't Ask Don't Tell anymore. I am to be upfront in any relationship I am in.

The only person who isn't happy for me is my blood sister. But she has a lot of issues with 'family business' and 'public business'.

It is very brave to be so open with your religion. I am not in that place and not sure if I'll ever be. I live in a town that has its own weirdness so I know I'm not the only oddball, but I still don't share my religious side with anyone besides my husband and this place.

It is wise to be upfront in relationships. My husband and I have been together 13 years and he did not want me to talk about Paganism at all, he said thinking about it gave him anxiety. I made him hear me out despite his protests and he was all: "Is that all you're doing?" I don't know what he thought, but my explanation calmed him down considerably.

Good luck to you in all aspects.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:38:13 pm by SunflowerP »

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 06:37:24 pm »
Quote from: Phouka;137526
So, after 15 years of Macha kicking my butt to be her priest, I'm taking the next step up from being a dedicant and being concecrated. It's sort of like a marriage but not really. It's happening on March 22nd, and my family (except for my sister who's in AZ for the winter) will be there.

I don't have to be celibate, however if I do date (I'm thinking about it), I will have to be totally honest in any relationship I get into. As in my profile has to say I'm pagan and a member of clergy. I've never hidden my beliefs, but I have danced around telling people since I've been in SC.

In the meantime, I've finally gotten over some of my control issues with negotiation with Macha. She's possessed me side-by-side 2 times now and I'm getting used to it. The first time was to order the concecration and the 2nd to tell Bob (high priest in eclectic Wicca, Voudoun priest and my teacher) what is necessary for the him & me to do on the day. As long as I can see and hear, I can handle the body not being mine for a period of time.

This concecration also fulfills a 2nd degree requirement which is to write and perform a public event. Not only will I be concecrated, I will be doing the Ostara ritual with Bob afterwards. If past public rituals are any basis, there will be anywhere from 30 to 50 people there. So it's very public. We even have a community center. The leader of another coven has created a permanent circle in his huge backyard and it can handle a large group.

Anyway, I haven't started freaking out yet, but don't worry, I will. I'll be in my English Composition I class. I wonder if I can used what I write as part of my written assignments? Hmmmm, I'll have to see.

Love y'all,
Phouka

Well, I'm officially freaking out now about the ordination next Saturday. Actually I'm also freaking out about a private ritual I'm doing of Friday.

Macha wants a blood sacrifice (my blood) and I can't do it on Satuday's ritual because too many people will be freaked about it. I'll do a token 3 drops onto the battlefield earth I will be standing on.

I have 3 of my covenmates coming to be witnesses to my oath. Usually when Macha asks me for my blood it's about a teaspoon's worth. This private ritual will be only the blood and a spontaneous vow. The main public vows will be on Saturday.

I'll let y'all know how it went.

Phouka

PS Just to let you know, I have a 4.0 average after 3 classes. And I passed the 'refresher' course of Algebra with a C but it's not taken inot my GPA.

P

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 08:44:52 pm »
Quote from: Phouka;142632
I'll let y'all know how it went.

Lyric and I are hoping that it all goes well. [[[Phouka]]]

PS Just to let you know, I have a 4.0 average after 3 classes. And I passed the 'refresher' course of Algebra with a C but it's not taken inot my GPA.

Congrats!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 02:44:12 pm »
Quote from: Castus;137726

Congratulations Phouka! Bonam fortunam! The religious life isn't for everyone but I have no doubt you will serve as a fabulous priest(ess) and will serve for many, many happy years :)

When Macha first tapped me 15 years ago she said that I was to be her priest. So because that is what she called me, I stuck with it and corrected anyone who called me priestess. Then a couple of months ago, my friend Cheryl asked me why I insisted on the title priest. I told her and she said that there is/was no word for priestess in old Irish or modern Irish. A priest is a 'sagart'. I did some online research and found one site only that added the word 'ban' which means woman. So, I stick with priest of Macha. Sagart Moreena.

Phouka

Tags: