Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: What is on the top of YOUR 'To Watch" list?  (Read 3440 times)

xx_eclipse

• View Profile
Re: What is on the top of YOUR 'To Watch" list?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 09:36:32 pm »
Quote from: LadyBug;31931
I was thinking about my ever growing "To Watch" list. I want to know what YOU are thinking about watching, or wanting to re-watch!

One Tree Hill. I saw a few episodes on SOAPnet and liked it. I'll definitely get through all the seasons during winter break- just in time for the ninth!

I also want to see Camelot and Merlin.

I have a thing for Arthurian-ness. So much so that I'm taking an Arthurian Lit class next term for absolutely no other reason than because The Mists of Avalon is required reading.

victoreia

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 02:05:11 am »
Quote from: xx_eclipse;32135
One Tree Hill. I saw a few episodes on SOAPnet and liked it. I'll definitely get through all the seasons during winter break- just in time for the ninth!

I also want to see Camelot and Merlin.

I have a thing for Arthurian-ness. So much so that I'm taking an Arthurian Lit class next term for absolutely no other reason than because The Mists of Avalon is required reading.

That's a good enough reason for me! I once took an English class just because of the title of the class: Contemporary Science Fiction. On the reading list: Dune, a number of Asimov's short stories, and The Left Hand of Darkness, among others.

Regarding the series Merlin, be aware that it's a very loose interpretation of the Arthurian mythos. (For example: Uther is very much alive, Arthur has grown up as the acknowledged son & heir, and Merlin is Arthur's contemporary.) I've only seen parts of the first two seasons; once I stopped got past the "that never happened!" reactions, I enjoyed it.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Mind how you go. -- Granny Weatherwax

Miss

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 02:56:00 pm »
Quote from: Oaksworn;31958
I can help with that one - Once Upon a Time.  That link will take you to the Hulu page.  It just started this season and the first four episodes are currently posted.  I'm actually enjoying it.  I like fractured fairy tales and this one has a twist I'm not familiar with.  I don't want to say to much more for concern of spoilers.  I will say that you need to give it at least two episodes, possibly three, before making a judgement.  It would really have benefited from a two hour premier.

Once Upon a Time and Grimm are awesome. I cried during the most recent episode of Once Upon a Time. Actually, scratch that, I cry during most of the episodes for some reason!

Oaksworn

• Journeyman
  • Reality is but perception.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Energy worker, Hedgewitch
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 09:30:17 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;32110
/snip/ I haven't watched the Extended Edition set in a few years, and it's tempting to sit on my ass for 11 hours and do just that while I'm on vacation.

::guiltily raises hand::  um... yeah, ok I've done that  ::whispers:: twice  :o

Quote from: xx_eclipse;32135
/snip/ for absolutely no other reason than because The Mists of Avalon is required reading.

Yikes.  It took me two readings to get through the book and while I like MZB's writing I just couldn't handle Mists.  To the point that I categorically refuse to read any of her historical fiction.  And I really couldn't tell you why I didn't like it.  All I know is that I got bored about halfway through and it became a labor to read.  I eventually just gave up.  Books are my addiction.  That just doesn't happen to me.  The second time through the same thing happened and I just got stubborn and said, "Damn it, I'm going to finish this!" and I did.  That's the best thing I remember about the book: finishing it.  Oh, I also thought that the Hallmark movie based on the book was actually better told.  ::shrug:: Chalk it up to personal quirk.

Quote from: Miss;32232
Once Upon a Time and Grimm are awesome. I cried during the most recent episode of Once Upon a Time. Actually, scratch that, I cry during most of the episodes for some reason!

For me it's the hope that Henry has.  He has such an unshakeable belief that he's right.  Not to mention that he found someone to help and protect him.  I'd have given a lot to have that at his age.
Reality is but perception.

Tags: