Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: TV/Film: What are you watching right now?  (Read 76487 times)

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #1095 on: September 29, 2018, 01:29:50 am »
Day four of the 13 Days of Doctor Who marathon.

Currently I am absolutely addicted to Outlander. Just started season 3. If I finish it too soon not quite sure how I'm going to survive waiting for season 4.  :o
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #1096 on: September 29, 2018, 04:01:35 am »
Currently I am absolutely addicted to Outlander. Just started season 3. If I finish it too soon not quite sure how I'm going to survive waiting for season 4.  :o
Finished watching season 3 of "Lucifer" and can't wait for season 4!

Now I'm watching "Broadchurch" and try to get used to David Tennant's accent there.

(And I found season 10 of Doctor Who in the public library, but I have to wait because someone else has it and there's a cue of people who want it.)

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #1097 on: September 29, 2018, 07:17:10 am »
Finished watching season 3 of "Lucifer" and can't wait for season 4!

Now I'm watching "Broadchurch" and try to get used to David Tennant's accent there.

(And I found season 10 of Doctor Who in the public library, but I have to wait because someone else has it and there's a cue of people who want it.)

6 beers down, watching the latest Bill Maher show. Will watch the new DeFranco after that. Then... zzzz
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1098 on: October 07, 2018, 02:04:47 pm »
6 beers down, watching the latest Bill Maher show. Will watch the new DeFranco after that. Then... zzzz

The live worldwide simulcast of the season premiere of DOCTOR WHO, with the first-ever woman Doctor
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

victoreia

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1099 on: October 07, 2018, 02:57:23 pm »
The live worldwide simulcast of the season premiere of DOCTOR WHO, with the first-ever woman Doctor

Ditto.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Mind how you go. -- Granny Weatherwax

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 27, 2018, 02:43:13 am »
Ditto.
I've watched the first 3 episodes of American Gods, on screen it looks so much more freaky than in the book...not sure I'll finish watching the first season...depends on how much more gross some scenes get, but the acting is good.

I've tried the first two episodes of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix yesterday. I'm trying to remember the comedy version I watched as a teenager and I'm wondering if that one was better. I'm not convinced of the Netflix version yet, but I'll watch more episodes to give it a chance. I miss the comedy from the older version and I don't like the horror elements in the newer version that much. Some are cool, but the devil is basicly just an oversized goat, he's neither scary nor funny, so wtf?

Has anyone else watched those?

Scent of Pine

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 28, 2018, 01:12:52 am »
I've watched the first 3 episodes of American Gods, on screen it looks so much more freaky than in the book...not sure I'll finish watching the first season...depends on how much more gross some scenes get, but the acting is good.

I've tried the first two episodes of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix yesterday. I'm trying to remember the comedy version I watched as a teenager and I'm wondering if that one was better. I'm not convinced of the Netflix version yet, but I'll watch more episodes to give it a chance. I miss the comedy from the older version and I don't like the horror elements in the newer version that much. Some are cool, but the devil is basicly just an oversized goat, he's neither scary nor funny, so wtf?

Has anyone else watched those?

I'm nearly through with the second episode. Just for comparison last week I went back and watched some of the old Sabrina, and the difference is striking. The new one is very dark, heavy with the Satanism, while the old one was much more family-friendly and lighthearted. I'll watch a few more episodes, but I'm not sure about it yet.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if I missed it.... did anyone watch the new Haunting of Hill House on Netflix? I liked it except for the last episode.

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 28, 2018, 03:36:33 am »
I'm nearly through with the second episode. Just for comparison last week I went back and watched some of the old Sabrina, and the difference is striking. The new one is very dark, heavy with the Satanism, while the old one was much more family-friendly and lighthearted. I'll watch a few more episodes, but I'm not sure about it yet.
I watched episodes 3-5 yesterday evening. The storyline has enough suspence to be entertaining, but the Satanism stuff is really annoying. It's just too simple good witch vs. evil satanic church. And Sabrina as a character is just too perfect, she doesn't have any own character flaws, her problem is those satanic witches & priests conspiring against her and the patriarchy at school (and her friends not knowing that she's a witch). It's just too shallow. It's basicly a story for 12-year-olds dyed in colors too dark for 12-year-olds to watch.

That said it's still entertaining enough to watch, but it's such a shame they overlooked all that potential the series has, could have been a great story if they had made some things more ambivalent.

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1103 on: November 02, 2018, 06:43:49 pm »

The trailers right before the Freddy Mercury biopic BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY starts.

(this one's for you, Eastling!)
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #1104 on: December 28, 2018, 12:10:30 am »

I've been digitizing family videos for a Greek neighbor the last two days, so I just had to sit down and relax by watching...

My Big Fat Greek Wedding!

[Q: At a Greek wedding, when does the dancing end? A: Next week!]
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #1105 on: January 14, 2019, 06:06:43 pm »
I've been digitizing family videos...

Song of the South...for the first time since the early 1970s.

As part of my video hobbyist setup, I have a LaserDisc player, and I found an original Disney Japanese LD release copy on eBay.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
« Reply #1106 on: January 21, 2019, 01:26:50 pm »
Song of the South...for the first time since the early 1970s.

As part of my video hobbyist setup, I have a LaserDisc player, and I found an original Disney Japanese LD release copy on eBay.

I have been binge watching "Game Of Thrones" on DVD at home at night. It has been helping me get through the bad weather we have been having.

I also watch the news and political shows like "Meet The Press". I watched some football last night as well.

I do need to read more though. I do not want to spend all of my time watching screens. I have been working on a history book that I might post elsewhere on a relevant thread.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #1107 on: April 10, 2020, 10:58:07 am »

(Snip.)

I've just finished episode 1 of something called Gogol on Amazon Prime.  It's Russian with English subtitles and has a (Johnny Depp) Sleepy Hollow vibe but it's shaping up to be even weirder and has more of an 18 certificate.

I enjoyed it and look forward to watching the rest (though it looks as though there could be some potentially regrettable portrayals of witchcraft, but what can you do).
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #1108 on: April 10, 2020, 01:50:52 pm »
(Snip.)

I've just finished episode 1 of something called Gogol on Amazon Prime.  It's Russian with English subtitles and has a (Johnny Depp) Sleepy Hollow vibe but it's shaping up to be even weirder and has more of an 18 certificate.

I enjoyed it and look forward to watching the rest (though it looks as though there could be some potentially regrettable portrayals of witchcraft, but what can you do).

We just finished watching Happy (on Netflix), which was insane...and got really strange at the end of season two (which is saying something since the basis of the show involves the existence of imaginary friends). 

Now we are watching (I forget what season) The Last Kingdom (also on Netflix), which is a pretty good show....kind of reminds me of Vikings.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 18, 2020, 02:04:36 am »

Tales from the Loop (Amazon Original). Absolutely LOVED it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Tags: