Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: TV/Film: Anyone Watching An American Horror Story  (Read 14291 times)

Fier

• Sr. Master Member
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Anyone Watching An American Horror Story
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2011, 10:59:26 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;32530
Well, she didn't try to commit suicide until after she met the medium. Why would the medium care if she was dead or not? Constance is no longer trying to use her for whatever reason.

In which episode did she commit suicide, and why? I remember Tate trying to revive her, but don't remember the circumstances around it. I'm also slightly confused about the timeline of when Constance lived in the house. I feel like I need go back and rewatch all the episodes in order.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2011, 12:21:28 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;34024
In which episode did she commit suicide, and why? I remember Tate trying to revive her, but don't remember the circumstances around it. I'm also slightly confused about the timeline of when Constance lived in the house. I feel like I need go back and rewatch all the episodes in order.

She tried to commit suicide in the episode where she found out about Tate being dead, if I'm not mistaken. She felt like she was going insane, surrounded by ghosts and her mom was lost in her own world of hurt. So, she tried to kill herself... and was evidently successful.

I think Constance lived in the house on a few separate occasions. There was in the 80s with her husband, when she killed him and Moira. Then again, some time later, when Tate was a teenager and she managed to get Larry to fall in love with her again. Obviously, after the Larry/Tate disaster, she moved out. What I want to know is WHY she keeps wanting back in that house.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

SilverOak

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2011, 07:05:52 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;26401
I think Wednesdays are rapidly becoming my favorite night of the week. :)

Mine, too! My two favorite not-to-be-missed shows are on Wednesday nights: "Criminal Minds" and "American Horror Story." I do like the way they show just enough on "AHS" to keep you watching. It's like they're teasing you along the way, to make you keep watching.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man." -- Mahatma Gandhi

ciaofornow

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2015, 08:40:36 pm »
Quote from: Celtag;24858
I watched the pilot and found it to be very interesting and very weird, but in a good way. I was wondering if anyone else was watching this show and what you're thought were on the first episode.

I downloaded a few of the 'Coven' episodes from iTunes and I was so excited - I thought it would be great being set in New Orleans and so on. Turns out I just didn't get into it.

I feel it was the characters - I didn't really love any of them (or even like many of them) so i just fizzled with the watching. But it's weird because I know it's really popular - as evidenced here.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2015, 02:18:16 pm »
Quote from: Celtag;24858
I was wondering if anyone else was watching this show

I've watched all four seasons up to and including Freak Show, or whatever it was called.  Anyone else?  What did you think, if so?

The first season took me a little while to warm up on but then I quite got into it - actually I was just getting into it when it came to a close.

The second season I enjoyed because it was set in an asylum and as a horror film fan this felt appropriate, since so many horror films are set in those places.

Coven I watched to find out what happened, but as someone before me said, couldn't really get into it, I think because of the characters - they really were all as bad as one another.

Freak Show I had to watch in small doses (I normally binge watch my television shows) because of all the ... content (I don't want to give any spoilers).  I can't honestly recommend it that highly, I didn't really enjoy it exactly but I just wanted to see where they went with it.  I have to say though, I bumped into someone cosplaying as one of the characters at London Film and Comicon this summer, and was really quite freaked out for a moment!

What do you think they'll do next, if anything?
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Tags: