Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Today at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Author Topic: What exactly should i describe myself as?  (Read 1307 times)

MordredRedeemed

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
What exactly should i describe myself as?
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:33:25 am »
I have a set of beliefs that really doesn't seem to fit anywhere and i was wondering what classification it should have.

I believe in a great spirit (Creation) that has multiple lesser aspects (Gods,Angels, spirits, Fae, whatever). When we die our souls do one of two things, Rejoin the great spirit (literally and figuratively) , or if we have bogged ourselves down with too much negative energy we stay here, if we have WAY too much negative energy we become something similar to a demon or other malevolent spirit (Eventually these get absorbed back into creation as well). There is energy all around us that can be used for magic (which does work, just not LOTR style). I don't really worship, but i pray to creation and i pay heed to its different aspects (life, death, music, Love, etc.) I follow the rede and i vaguely follow astrology and read Tarot from time to time.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:34:14 am by MordredRedeemed »
Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: What exactly should i describe myself as?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:37:50 am »
Quote from: MordredRedeemed;96732
I have a set of beliefs that really doesn't seem to fit anywhere and i was wondering what classification it should have.

I believe in a great spirit (Creation) that has multiple lesser aspects (Gods,Angels, spirits, Fae, whatever). When we die our souls do one of two things, Rejoin the great spirit (literally and figuratively) , or if we have bogged ourselves down with too much negative energy we stay here, if we have WAY too much negative energy we become something similar to a demon or other malevolent spirit (Eventually these get absorbed back into creation as well). There is energy all around us that can be used for magic (which does work, just not LOTR style). I don't really worship, but i pray to creation and i pay heed to its different aspects (life, death, music, Love, etc.) I follow the rede and i vaguely follow astrology and read Tarot from time to time.

I still don't understand the need to self-label, it is ultimately restricting. Imposing self-limitations is rarely a positive thing.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:50:52 am »
...I follow the rede...

Which part, and how?

On the subject of labels, well, is there a reason you'd like to call yourself something specific?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Nyktelios

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:04 am »

The Rede is specifically Wiccan, the rest of what you described, I would say, is generally New Age. Don't worry so much about labels, they are not that important.

Shine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 12:00:39 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;96733
I still don't understand the need to self-label, it is ultimately restricting. Imposing self-limitations is rarely a positive thing.

It's only restricting if you refuse to let yourself grow beyond the label. Having a label gives you a target to aim at along your spiritual path (though, again, you have to let yourself grow beyond it if/when it comes to that).

As for the OP, you could probably call yourself a neopagan. That's a pretty nebulous label, but it's not a negative.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:05:36 pm »
Quote from: Shine;96770
It's only restricting if you refuse to let yourself grow beyond the label. Having a label gives you a target to aim at along your spiritual path (though, again, you have to let yourself grow beyond it if/when it comes to that).

As for the OP, you could probably call yourself a neopagan. That's a pretty nebulous label, but it's not a negative.

True. It just seems like an all-too-common occurrence. :(

MordredRedeemed

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 01:13:33 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;96766
Which part, and how?

On the subject of labels, well, is there a reason you'd like to call yourself something specific?

I just want to be able to tell someone what i am without having to ramble for about ten minutes :S
Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes.

Tags: