collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Out of Place In Your Body?  (Read 1440 times)

Aynfean

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 18
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Out of Place In Your Body?
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:48:27 pm »
So I'm having a weird sort of day. And they happen to me on enough of a regular basis that I'm starting to wonder just what the heck is going on.

Basically I feel like my body just doesn't fit right today. I'm clumsier than normal (dropped and scratched my new phone URG), I just kinda feel... weird. My skin is practically crawling. It's like having an out of body experience inside my body if that even makes any sense. To be honest I kind of feel like my spirit just wants to leave my body and go, somewhere. Do, something, except I don't know where that somewhere or something are.

When this has happened before I've attempted meditation but it's like my brain just laughs at me. I get about two deep breaths in and the next thing I know I've written an entire novel, planned meals for the week, well, you get the idea.

Any thoughts?
Journal of a Wandering Witch ~ http://aynfean.wordpress.com

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10279
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 286
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Out of Place In Your Body?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:58:41 pm »
Quote from: Aynfean;45635
Basically I feel like my body just doesn't fit right today. I'm clumsier than normal (dropped and scratched my new phone URG), I just kinda feel... weird. My skin is practically crawling. It's like having an out of body experience inside my body if that even makes any sense.
Iit could be something external/environmental. Some types of sinus medicine make my wife feel exactly as you describe: twitchy and like her skin is crawling.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

nbdy

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 32
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Place In Your Body?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »
Quote from: Aynfean;45635
So I'm having a weird sort of day. And they happen to me on enough of a regular basis that I'm starting to wonder just what the heck is going on.

Basically I feel like my body just doesn't fit right today. I'm clumsier than normal (dropped and scratched my new phone URG), I just kinda feel... weird. My skin is practically crawling. It's like having an out of body experience inside my body if that even makes any sense. To be honest I kind of feel like my spirit just wants to leave my body and go, somewhere. Do, something, except I don't know where that somewhere or something are.

When this has happened before I've attempted meditation but it's like my brain just laughs at me. I get about two deep breaths in and the next thing I know I've written an entire novel, planned meals for the week, well, you get the idea.

Any thoughts?

 
Maybe look into Boji Stones? Sounds like you're ungrounded a bit.
http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/boji-stone.html

HeartShadow

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2195
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Re: Out of Place In Your Body?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 09:35:04 am »
Quote from: Aynfean;45635
So I'm having a weird sort of day. And they happen to me on enough of a regular basis that I'm starting to wonder just what the heck is going on.

Basically I feel like my body just doesn't fit right today. I'm clumsier than normal (dropped and scratched my new phone URG), I just kinda feel... weird. My skin is practically crawling. It's like having an out of body experience inside my body if that even makes any sense. To be honest I kind of feel like my spirit just wants to leave my body and go, somewhere. Do, something, except I don't know where that somewhere or something are.

When this has happened before I've attempted meditation but it's like my brain just laughs at me. I get about two deep breaths in and the next thing I know I've written an entire novel, planned meals for the week, well, you get the idea.

Any thoughts?

 
First - are you sure it's not actual mania?  sounds like it could be, from that description, and that needs medical intervention.

That said - I have days like that sometimes.  I call it the twitchies.  I usually just ride it out - but make a point of doing energetic things.  Dancing, exercise, wrestling with the kiddo - I usually feel better after just getting the twitchies OUT.

Aynfean

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 18
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Place In Your Body?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 10:35:44 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;45724
First - are you sure it's not actual mania?  sounds like it could be, from that description, and that needs medical intervention.

Mania?

Ok, just looked it up. I'm not sure it's quite that severe. It's more like the twitchies I think. Combine that with a kind of downer mood and it probably seems worse for me than it is. Looking back on it today it doesn't seem quite so bad.

That said, I'll bring it up at my next physical.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:42:22 am by Aynfean »
Journal of a Wandering Witch ~ http://aynfean.wordpress.com

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
94 Replies
9779 Views
Last post July 31, 2014, 12:24:27 am
by Nyktipolos
2 Replies
1127 Views
Last post January 24, 2013, 07:49:06 pm
by NorthernangelNimya
8 Replies
1568 Views
Last post February 03, 2014, 01:57:50 pm
by Babylon Outcast
0 Replies
2626 Views
Last post June 29, 2015, 03:44:50 pm
by RandallS
31 Replies
6000 Views
Last post December 17, 2015, 02:11:16 am
by Aubren

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 72
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal