Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: The God/Goddess Training path?  (Read 2966 times)

Darkamber

• View Profile
    • http://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/
Re: The God/Goddess Training path?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 02:20:25 pm »
Quote from: Lokabrenna;65186
Is becoming god-like something you can even prepare for? I mean, it's one thing to learn about something in a controlled environment, it's another thing to do that thing out in the real world where people are people. Does part of the course cover what to do if one of my followers goes nuts and kills someone? Do I get a nice cushy PR department or are those things only for the big gods?

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I think some humans would make terrible deities. I include myself in this, because I am really not good with people. Can I get a deity job that works with reptiles? I love reptiles! They get such a bad rap from so many people.

Ah... This is a common misconception: that it's about becoming a god while in a human body and on this plane.
It's one's spirit that becomes a (small, minor) deity, and ascends to a "higher" spirit plane.
Yes, a human would probably not make a good deity, since our conscious mortal minds are very limited, by physical dimensions, a one-dimensional perception of reality, and a linear perception of time. Our spirits have far more knowledge and are far less limited in perceptions.

Darkamber

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 02:25:44 pm »
Quote from: Tana;65209
Erm, that is just one viewpoint of the whole reincarnation thing.
And it is very heavily tinted by modern new age concepts.

Personally it's not valid within my belief system.
Neither do I think life (or the plural of it) is a row of school classes that need to be passed to finally 'graduate' and become a 'higher' being.

So not everybody believing in reincarnation is buying that whole package, you know.

Er, you're right. I should've mentioned that this view of re-incarnation is shared personal gnosis, and not in everyone's belief system.
However, for those who are on an ascension path, it is valid gnosis.

Darkamber

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 02:51:18 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;65211
Hm, seems one major falicy to that logic.  It would require that each incarnation be aware of its previous incarnation and retain full knowledge and ability to acess and relate that information at will while retaining an ability to seperate one incarnation from another less they all merge into one dynamic.

If one tends to seperate the incarnations then you potentially suffer the agony of split personalities as each vies for the dominante position.  If you merge them all then you equally suffer the potential of time and sequence corruption due to multiple social issues and conditions which may no longer be applicable to the time and conditions of ones current incarnation.  

I would think especially critical as there would be a seperate identity for each incarnation along with the concepts of self vice something where a divine persona I would think would have a singular persona through out any and all incarnations of its spirit into a mortal form.

Non of that even taking into consideration the concepts of multiple time streams, demensions and / or cross current similarities and overlap of awareness between alternate realilities.

The theory is quite logical actually:
the spirit has a core personality and mind. Everything it experiences and learns in a life is stored in the "spirit-mind". This spirit-mind isn't something that we're aware of while we're bound and limited in a human body and existing on this plane.
Since linear time is a human concept, there's no reason to believe that all of one's lives happens in a chronological order.
Gods exist outside of time, and it seems that as pure spirits, we do, too.
According to my own personal gnosis, it is possible for one spirit to be re-incarnated more than once in the same time period. This means that it's possible to be one's own mother and one's own child, for example.
The personality of each incarnation will be different, due to different environment and experiences.
What's interesting is that a trauma in one life can affect other lives both "forward" and "backward" in time, since time is not linear.

According to some people's gnosis, it's the spirit which chooses it's next incarnation, when and where and in which starting environment - sometimes also guided by a deity or more advanced spirit.

But one thing I'd point out is that historically when one see a human elevated to demi-god / goddess status it takes a trully heroic action to do so or a connection to a devine influenced birthright.  In many instances requiring both conditions for it to be recognized and the person elevated to a higher plain of existance and acknowledged by thier fellow humanity.

The Ascension path is independent of humanity (according to SPG*), and one doesn't attain godhood while on this plane.
It's all about spiritual growth and evolution. At then end of the path, one is guided and taught by deities (or perhaps more evolved spirits that are ot quite yet gods).

Just my personal opinon but why would any god / goddess attempt to create a competing demi-god / goddess that one day might potentially be elevated to a position higher than them?  Sorry from an ego perspective that seems to human and self centered.  Especially considering again those who have reached such a position via mythology or historical account never pursued such a pathway but had it placed upon them adn elevated to such a plain by their fellow humanity.

According to SPGs, we humans have made such a damn mess out of everything, that the gods are stretched thin, and need more help.
Another reason is that a minor deity who's lived several lives as a human will understand humans better that gods who have never been human.

*SPG = sharted personal gnosis

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03:29 pm »
Quote from: Darkamber;65010

Does anyone know?

The idea is vaguely familiar from some new-agey Seth-ish books I read as a kid.  I have to admit that I find it completely unappealing, but then I find most ascension based theologies/philosophies unappealing.

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 04:10:38 pm »
Quote from: Darkamber;65225
The theory is quite logical actually:
the spirit has a core personality and mind. Everything it experiences and learns in a life is stored in the "spirit-mind". This spirit-mind isn't something that we're aware of while we're bound and limited in a human body and existing on this plane.
Since linear time is a human concept, there's no reason to believe that all of one's lives happens in a chronological order.

I'd say it would still be disjointed.  Even if it is a single point focus the projecting memories would be like looking at a kladescopic pattern played out.  Reference points and situational awareness of each reflection would be driven and hinged upon the ability to place ones self fully into that spectrum and time stamp.  Especially in the presumed sense of placing things into a logical sequence so that what is provided to any assumed followers would find it applicable to their lives.

I do not disagree that all time is present at once thus all lives are potentially occuring at the same time.  Yet it would still require one to be outside of "time" in order to utilize the totalitly of that reference.  If one is acting within it and knows all potentials are occuring at once then it seems illogical to think you could change or influence something that is occuring at that very instance.

Gods exist outside of time, and it seems that as pure spirits, we do, too.

Considering time as a concept is a man made measurement then I would agree.  Yet then it falls upon the notion of what is time beyond man's ability to recognize and order it?  For a god / goddess to exist within it one would think that what ever plain of existence they reside upon is measured or seen within the same concept of realility as man.  If one considers that the essence of Spirit is derived from the void where time and form hold no meaning then anything that appears to form or regulate that would be unnatural.  Thus, in my opion, to hold form, shape and an awareness of self time has to be applied in a semi-dynamic format that allows for start and stop measurements.  

According to my own personal gnosis, it is possible for one spirit to be re-incarnated more than once in the same time period. This means that it's possible to be one's own mother and one's own child, for example.

Without the sense of "proof" nothing can be argued or debated about your UPG.  It's all assumption with yours being no more conclusive than my own UPG about how the world, demensional plains and existance upon or within them works.

However through linear memories I do know that I can experience my mother's life up to the point of my birth, those of her mother and father up to her birth and continue backwards until time distorts the ability to distingush who is who.  So in that aspect I am all of them incarnated into my current life and they shall have been reincarnated into the lives of my children just as I have been to any of my descendents.  So part of my spiritual essence and spark merges with both an elder or series of elder aspects and some as yet unborn future aspect.

The personality of each incarnation will be different, due to different environment and experiences.  What's interesting is that a trauma in one life can affect other lives both "forward" and "backward" in time, since time is not linear.

Again it is only provable by assumption that it can work in reverse.  Even forward being subjective when it assumes or presumes to pass into a future life period.  There was a lot of proof of false memories and implanting of such in the late 80's during many past life recalls.  Even the notion of planted memories is not entirely removable when one considers the memories or implied memories that are placed within each of us from our environment.

According to some people's gnosis, it's the spirit which chooses it's next incarnation, when and where and in which starting environment - sometimes also guided by a deity or more advanced spirit.

Yes but that also holds true that to some its a punishment for failure within a given life sequence.  For other's its a time loop that a spirit becomes trapped in as it refuses to advance.  To other's it a manifestation of genetic influence that all lives are tied to orginal blood lines or groups of blood lines and each generation born is the incarnated spirit of its past.  For other's its the assumption that groups of people will always been born into the same geological locations and within the same gender specifics.  For some applications even a choice as to which form one shall return in and what level of heirachy they shall experience.

All are forms of UPG that may have elements that seem to support the position but hold no formal support or proof of it.  The world is ripe with stories of reincarnation of people born into the same locales over and over, the same family groups or into the same familes with memories of a prior life, even into the same ethnic groupings.

The Ascension path is independent of humanity (according to SPG*), and one doesn't attain godhood while on this plane.

Again something that is proven or disproven by ones own beliefs but not provable outside of it.  I know of groups who claim we are all already godforms and as such need no path to ascension.  Even segments of Christianity that claim we are godforms already having been formed in the image of that god and told we shall be able to do all that was done.

Heck even a few paths that claim humanity can only obtain ascension by detaching itself as individuals and focusing only upon the indiviual and enlightenment of the individual for all else is illusion.

But from one perspective I already attained godhood for I am a godform upon this plain of existence.

It's all about spiritual growth and evolution. At then end of the path, one is guided and taught by deities (or perhaps more evolved spirits that are ot quite yet gods).

But again that's individual perspective.  Consider if I am already a god form then I can neither grow nor evolve I can only age and experience.  As such there is nothing to guide me.  Sounds egotistical I realize but it is a perspective I have encountered and know at least one person who walks it boldy.

According to SPGs, we humans have made such a damn mess out of everything, that the gods are stretched thin, and need more help.

Sorry but that sounds like to much New Age stuff to me.  In many historical ways humanity today for its size and awareness is no more destructive or enlightened than they were at the time of Bablyon.

This perspective seems to imply a weakness of thier part and an implied sense of potential grandieur on the part of the human ego that pursue's it.  It also implies a persception of being choosen or special above and beyond all others. While I admit in my mind I am special and choosen above all others for the life I was to lead I am not so arrogaunt as to assume that lifewalk makes me more special or greater than any others who live.

Another reason is that a minor deity who's lived several lives as a human will understand humans better that gods who have never been human.

Again to my perspective a new age perspective.  While I may originate from one plain of existance it seems folly to assume that I can evolve to such a point as to be a demi-god yet retain a sense of humanity which will allow me to empathize, sympathize and potentially relate with humanity and thier plight.  Especially so considering the evolution and change in social and psychologial development of the human animal and its condition.

I evolved from an aboriginal type life to a semi-civilized life to a modern technological life and have the history and generic markers from it.  Yet try as I might I can not relate to those earlier periods other than to assume what it must have been like.  To consider I might relate, empathize or sympathize with them on any level beyond assumption on my part seems foolish to me.  It to me is like saying I am human and have live a human life there for I should be able to relate and understand the life of an Aboriginal or non-western peoples today.  The best I can do is look in on the fishbowl and try to understand what I am seeing but failing in that I am outside the fishbowl and not in it.

But all that is based upon my own UPG, some SPG and my own conclusions and interactions with others and the environment I happend to find myself in at a particular instance of time.  Man thats a run on sentenance.

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 04:44:03 pm »
Quote from: Darkamber;65225

*SPG = sharted personal gnosis

Er, we know.  But theory, opinion, and belief does not seem quite enough to equal gnosis, shared or not.   You're throwing around terms like UPG and SPG in what seems like an attempt to add depth to a fairly shallow and self-serving concept.

IMO, of course.

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 12:01:14 am »
Quote from: Darkamber;65010

To prepare for this transition, one must do deity-taught god/goddess training in the last of one's re-incarnation as a mortal.

I know about a few who are on this path. Seems like no-one on this path writes about it in public, though. I've tried to find information about it by googling, but there's nothing.

I'd like to know what this goddess training consists of.
How do you train to become a goddess?? Do you train specific skills? If so, which? And is it magickal skills or "mundane" skills or both?
Does it entail learning about customs of different pantheons? Is there some kind of specific deity etiquette you have to learn?

Does anyone know?

This made me think of two things.

1. The Buddha Siddhartha and his path to enlightenment. Lots of people try to emulate his journey to achieve the same results. But that's not out of the loop of reincarnation of course. Just thinking about what some training of this type might involve.

Interestingly (at least to me) and tangentially,  HHDL has said in the past that he may choose not to return again. I wonder if this is something he can choose, would his spirit then be in that position of deity.

2. Holy Mountain. There's plenty of instructions in that movie for humans to train for enlightenment, and/or taking the places of gods among other things. And I found out about it from reading a Lokean's blog coincidentally. The movie does have some very poignant points to make, but it can take a toll. It's not for everyone.

Have you seen this movie? If not, it might interest you to check it out. It has stuck with me a bit, but not enough to read the Daumal book. Well, not yet. I am curious about where the book ended though and if there is significance to it.

WanderingWaters2011

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 01:32:36 am »
2. Holy Mountain. There's plenty of instructions in that movie for humans to train for enlightenment, and/or taking the places of gods among other things. And I found out about it from reading a Lokean's blog coincidentally. The movie does have some very poignant points to make, but it can take a toll. It's not for everyone.

Have you seen this movie? If not, it might interest you to check it out. It has stuck with me a bit, but not enough to read the Daumal book. Well, not yet. I am curious about where the book ended though and if there is significance to it.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see one of my favorite directors, Alejandro Jodorowsky, being mentioned. I am partial to Santa Sangre myself but The Holy Mountain more pertains to the topic in this thread. Goodness the imagery this man preserves on film, a true feast for the eyes if somewhat bizarre at times.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 02:12:35 am »
Quote from: WanderingWaters2011;65288
Glad to see one of my favorite directors, Alejandro Jodorowsky, being mentioned. I am partial to Santa Sangre myself but The Holy Mountain more pertains to the topic in this thread. Goodness the imagery this man preserves on film, a true feast for the eyes if somewhat bizarre at times.

Have not seen that, but have El Topo in my queue. I'll be adding Santa Sangre too now. Thanks for the tip!

And yeah, bizarre is a good word. It makes me think I should have a more strong caution about that. Jodorowsky pulls no punches as far as I can tell in it. Nothing or maybe everything, is sacred. It is reasonable that some might find it offensive at points.

Tags: