Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: communicating with dead loved ones  (Read 1805 times)

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
communicating with dead loved ones
« on: August 18, 2015, 05:26:35 am »
I am in grief for someone who died.  Most of the time I quickly find closure with my dead, often in dreamtime but some things about this case are just fucked up.  When I dream of her she still feels far away and distorted.  Usually that kind of dream of a dead loved one fades after the initial shock but it has been a while.  What can I do to reach out to her and find her in myself again?

I have little experience communing with my dead intentionally other than prayers.  Normally I just get spontaneous dreams.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

softlight

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: communicating with dead loved ones
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 03:42:15 pm »
Quote from: EclecticWheel;178959
I am in grief for someone who died.  Most of the time I quickly find closure with my dead, often in dreamtime but some things about this case are just fucked up.  When I dream of her she still feels far away and distorted.  Usually that kind of dream of a dead loved one fades after the initial shock but it has been a while.  What can I do to reach out to her and find her in myself again?

I have little experience communing with my dead intentionally other than prayers.  Normally I just get spontaneous dreams.

In some cultures sending resources and emotional support is actually considered to benefit those who are transitioning to their next state of being whatever that will be. You could always send her some healing and healing energy to help her if she is in need. It's also possible that she needs space from thinking about earth realm and her past life and loves and the disconnect is actually healthy for now. I felt like my grandmother was very distant, and possibly struggling (I had a lot of dreams of her suffering, but I also witnessed her suffering and death so it could have just been what I was processing about her while alive rather than a sign of her experiences in the next life).
I felt like I was really genuinely contacted, very directly, by a spirit that had recently died and it was a very overwhelming and felt somewhat unsafe so I put a lot of effort into asking that spirit to go into the spirit realm (whatever than means to them) and if they want to interact with earth beings to do so more properly from an established place having moved on. As an agnostic I really never know what or if these experiences mean other than my own inner processing.. but sometimes I sort of go with it. I don't know how long it's been, but it may be a number of years before you can feel comfortable doing a connecting ritual/prayer.

To process your own feelings you could always write about it, or write and burn a letter with kind words of love to send to your friend on her journey. I don't know if there is a next journey, but I'm hopeful.

softlight

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:49:06 pm »
What can I do to... find her in myself again?

For this specifically, you could also spend some time looking at pictures of her, write out some of your favorite memories with her, and spend some time trying to feel connected to the energy she made you feel or you created together while she was alive. You could also go to places that felt special you spent time with you, and spend some times there processing your feelings and feeling connected through time and place to the love you had in your life with this friend.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 11:30:19 am »

I have a shrine for my Beloved Dead set up, and I do offerings of water and incense for them.  I also touch the objects on the shrine when I walk by to remember my connection to them.  Perhaps this is something that might work for you?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags: