collapse

Author Topic: Help identifying statue  (Read 1170 times)

Red Mountain

  • Jr. Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2015
  • Posts: 1
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Help identifying statue
« on: July 05, 2015, 08:49:16 pm »
Hi everyone. I've acquired a beautiful ceramic statue that I think may be connected with a pagan religion or offshoot. It depicts a robed man holding a knife and some kind of bag, and wearing a goat head necklace. If anyone has any information about it, it would be greatly appreciated. [attach=CONFIG][/attach]

carillion

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2014
  • Posts: 664
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying statue
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:13:14 pm »
Quote from: Red Mountain;176825
Hi everyone. I've acquired a beautiful ceramic statue that I think may be connected with a pagan religion or offshoot. It depicts a robed man holding a knife and some kind of bag, and wearing a goat head necklace. If anyone has any information about it, it would be greatly appreciated.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]


Not much help but I'm pretty sure it's Chinese and that is a dragon's head necklace, not a goat's head.

carillion

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2014
  • Posts: 664
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying statue
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:28:19 pm »
Quote from: carillion;176830
Not much help but I'm pretty sure it's Chinese and that is a dragon's head necklace, not a goat's head.


Or Japanese looking at those clothes. But that I'm very sure that is  a dragon head.

Redfaery

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Dec 2013
  • Posts: 1345
  • Total likes: 40
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying statue
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 12:05:47 pm »
Very much doubt that. Doesn't look authentically. Chinese either.

It honestly just looks like a fantasy piece to me.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Beibhinn

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 19
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying statue
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 04:32:21 pm »
Quote from: Red Mountain;176825
Hi everyone. I've acquired a beautiful ceramic statue that I think may be connected with a pagan religion or offshoot. It depicts a robed man holding a knife and some kind of bag, and wearing a goat head necklace. If anyone has any information about it, it would be greatly appreciated.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

 
This statue is part of a set that was popular in ceramics work in the late 1960s to early 1970s. I don't know what nationality the people are. There is a woman statue to go with the male, dressed in flowing robes and carrying a baby in an oval shape. Her hair is vaguely Geisha-like and she wears a crown. My mother had these statues and she and her neice made them in ceramics class in the early 1970s. That's all I really know about them. Hope this helps.


Beibhinn

Darkhawk

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 4793
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 670
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; CoX; Etc.
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, she, they
Re: Help identifying statue
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 05:11:00 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;176834
Very much doubt that. Doesn't look authentically. Chinese either.

It honestly just looks like a fantasy piece to me.

 
A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Redfaery

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Dec 2013
  • Posts: 1345
  • Total likes: 40
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying statue
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:01 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;176842
A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!


Rrrrgh! So sorry. I was using Tapatalk, and I must've pressed the wrong button.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
9 Replies
5309 Views
Last post October 21, 2011, 12:13:09 am
by Livia Indica
4 Replies
1349 Views
Last post December 01, 2011, 06:53:45 pm
by Jujulinda
4 Replies
923 Views
Last post February 08, 2012, 03:05:50 pm
by Waldhexe
5 Replies
698 Views
Last post December 23, 2013, 10:28:27 pm
by Breeze
12 Replies
805 Views
Last post August 28, 2017, 10:42:44 am
by Darkhawk

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall