Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Pagan Blog Project 2014  (Read 27906 times)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2014, 04:26:26 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;166681
I failed at PBP this year, but I'd like another try. Doing it through TC is a great idea.

I was already planning on redoing it, even if it's just on my own, doing it here would be awesome!
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2014, 02:24:28 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;166635
Second X - only a few days late!  Xen

YOLO - not sure if it makes sense, but writing it was an active choice.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2014, 03:02:23 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;166664
I didn't do the PBP this year, but was seriously considering it for 2015.  However, I see on the FB page that Jess has decided to discontinue the project.

I know the Cauldron blog project fizzled this year, but would anyone be interested in doing a 2015 version in a vein more similar to the PBP?
They said that for this year's as well, so I wonder if it'll follow the same path.

I'm more than willing to help do a TC one again. Things got hectic so I stopped blogging. We mostly picked a smaller number to blog every month because most people were doing PBP as well.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #288 on: December 05, 2014, 07:05:07 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;166812
They said that for this year's as well, so I wonder if it'll follow the same path.

I'm more than willing to help do a TC one again. Things got hectic so I stopped blogging. We mostly picked a smaller number to blog every month because most people were doing PBP as well.

It sounds like she's pretty firm on not continuing it, but we'll see if her mind changes.

Maybe between us, we can keep the things going thorough the new year.  If we go with an alphabetical pattern, it should be easier to maintain.  I had a thought: - how would it be assign two weeks per letter and let the individual participants decide how many posts they want to write per letter?  This might give a little more flexibility for those of us who find life suddenly getting hectic.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 06, 2014, 02:13:03 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;166824
It sounds like she's pretty firm on not continuing it, but we'll see if her mind changes.

Maybe between us, we can keep the things going thorough the new year.  If we go with an alphabetical pattern, it should be easier to maintain.  I had a thought: - how would it be assign two weeks per letter and let the individual participants decide how many posts they want to write per letter?  This might give a little more flexibility for those of us who find life suddenly getting hectic.

I like the idea of more flexibility.  We could also maybe do a group topic one week then free topic on the letter on the other week....people could do one or the other or both as they felt moved?  I have always liked the idea of having multiple people writing about the same topic and seeing what was written.

I completely spaced this week on what day it was.  I thought about my blog on Tuesday and sorted out my topic...then forgot until I saw this thread today!  But got a post written anyways :P

Year and a day

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 06, 2014, 02:45:58 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;166885
I like the idea of more flexibility.  We could also maybe do a group topic one week then free topic on the letter on the other week....people could do one or the other or both as they felt moved?  I have always liked the idea of having multiple people writing about the same topic and seeing what was written.

I like this idea a lot, if we can get folks who are willing to come up with, and agree on, the themes.  I think that might have been where we ran out of steam with this year's Cauldron Blog Project.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2014, 11:31:25 am »
Quote from: Aisling;166889
I like this idea a lot, if we can get folks who are willing to come up with, and agree on, the themes.  I think that might have been where we ran out of steam with this year's Cauldron Blog Project.

Having a running list of topics that people want to do can be helpful.  When I was working this years PBP, I kept a list in the file I was writing my blog posts in for ideas for upcoming letters.  Sometimes I would just come up with something that I wanted to write about and jot it down so I wouldn't forget.  I always tried to come up with the weeks topic at least a couple days in advance so I could let the idea simmer in my head for a bit before writing about it.

For a group thing, I would say have everyone pool topic ideas, and add them to the list unless someone voices a strong protest to one.  Part of the challenge of anything like this is that sometimes topics might be a struggle for you, but I love that, it makes me think about things I would otherwise shy away from.  If topics simply added to the list (instead of actively choosing what topic for each week) and we go through the list, it will make it a bit less work on the administration side too.

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 08, 2014, 01:50:18 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;166824

Quote from: Kylara;166885

Just going to double-quote here.

I'm sort of a fan in continuing some sort of monthly theme in going forward because there were some of us who liked the idea of having the obligation to post only be monthly, even if we were or weren't doing PBP. If there is some way to continue that going forward as well as allowing people to have weekly posts, I would gladly like to help out.

I think the reason why we petered out was because there was so few of us participating, it was hard to keep the rest going as well, which is why I think PBP has been so successful, y'know?
On the Rivers

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 08, 2014, 07:06:25 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;167029
Just going to double-quote here.

I'm sort of a fan in continuing some sort of monthly theme in going forward because there were some of us who liked the idea of having the obligation to post only be monthly, even if we were or weren't doing PBP. If there is some way to continue that going forward as well as allowing people to have weekly posts, I would gladly like to help out.

I think the reason why we petered out was because there was so few of us participating, it was hard to keep the rest going as well, which is why I think PBP has been so successful, y'know?

I'm pretty much good with anything if it can be managed fairly easily.  

What about offering up the following options:
  • Alpha posts - 2 weeks per letter; left up to the individual if they want to do one post per week or per letter.
  • Monthly (or bi-monthly?) theme - To be determined as a group prior to the beginning of each month.

Leave it up to individual participants if they want to do one or both of the options. This would give some flexibility to folks who might not be able to keep up with a weekly posting schedule.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2014, 10:27:01 am »
Quote from: Aisling;167044
I'm pretty much good with anything if it can be managed fairly easily.  

What about offering up the following options:
  • Alpha posts - 2 weeks per letter; left up to the individual if they want to do one post per week or per letter.
  • Monthly (or bi-monthly?) theme - To be determined as a group prior to the beginning of each month.

Leave it up to individual participants if they want to do one or both of the options. This would give some flexibility to folks who might not be able to keep up with a weekly posting schedule.

I like dedicating two weeks to each letter and letting each member decide how many they want to do for each letter.

I also like the idea of a monthly group topic.  Again this could be a single post or more if you get inspired!

Having just one monthly topic and keeping the two weeks per letter, would allow people who want to do more to still have a good structure for it, but it also would allow for people who only wanted to do one or two a month to do the ones they feel moved to do.  Plus only having one monthly topic to settle on as a group is much easier I think to keep up with.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2014, 07:56:05 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;167066
I like dedicating two weeks to each letter and letting each member decide how many they want to do for each letter.

I also like the idea of a monthly group topic.  Again this could be a single post or more if you get inspired!

Having just one monthly topic and keeping the two weeks per letter, would allow people who want to do more to still have a good structure for it, but it also would allow for people who only wanted to do one or two a month to do the ones they feel moved to do.  Plus only having one monthly topic to settle on as a group is much easier I think to keep up with.

I'm going to run with the alpha two-week periods and a separate monthly theme.

To keep from completely hijacking this thread (too late!), I've set up the CBP 2015 thread here.  The basic format is there and we can iron out any details as we go.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2014, 01:36:27 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;167083
I'm going to run with the alpha two-week periods and a separate monthly theme.

To keep from completely hijacking this thread (too late!), I've set up the CBP 2015 thread here.  The basic format is there and we can iron out any details as we go.
Sounds good I think. :)
On the Rivers

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2014, 09:09:05 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;167114
Sounds good I think. :)

very rambly :P

Yin Yang

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 19, 2014, 11:20:31 am »
Quote from: Kylara;167308
very rambly :P

Yin Yang

Yarling
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 20, 2014, 02:02:33 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;167633
Yarling

Lost track of days again...remembered as I was going to bed, but since it was already 1:30 in the morning and not even technically Friday anymore, figured it could wait till morning!

Zippers

Tags: