collapse

Author Topic: Pagan Blog Project 2014  (Read 21828 times)

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #270 on: November 04, 2014, 09:19:54 am »
Quote from: Kylara;163924
Variety of Soul Food

 
Vultures
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Kylara

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 881
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 62
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2014, 10:33:31 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;164299
Vultures

 
Wandering
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Kylara

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 881
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 62
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2014, 06:17:00 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;164634
Wandering

 
Almost forgot...got caught up in (procrastinating) Nano!  Had a topic set aside for today, but didn't like it when I sat down, so here is something completely new!

Wishing versus Whatever
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2014, 12:47:36 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;165276
Almost forgot...got caught up in (procrastinating) Nano!  Had a topic set aside for today, but didn't like it when I sat down, so here is something completely new!

Wishing versus Whatever

 
Warning: more questions than answers in this post - Wale.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2014, 03:39:15 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;165553
Warning: more questions than answers in this post - Wale.

 
Working backwards for a moment: Vainglory.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Willow85

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2014
  • Posts: 6
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #275 on: November 21, 2014, 05:02:57 am »
Quote from: Kylara;165276
Almost forgot...got caught up in (procrastinating) Nano!  Had a topic set aside for today, but didn't like it when I sat down, so here is something completely new!

Wishing versus Whatever


I'm doing nano too! I wont get this finished but I've written more than I've ever written before.
However, in a fit of procrastination I've just spent the last hour or so looking through these blogs and it's really inspiring. I've been toying with thebidea of startign a blog for quite a while now, partly as somewhere to post my writing.
I notice a lot of people use blogspot, is that easy to use? I'd heard things like wordpress were quite difficult to navigate and had been looking at this kind of thing http://website.1and1.com/free-website-builder but would rather have recommendations.

Thank you :)

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2014, 08:36:23 am »
Quote from: Willow85;165832
I'm doing nano too! I wont get this finished but I've written more than I've ever written before.
However, in a fit of procrastination I've just spent the last hour or so looking through these blogs and it's really inspiring. I've been toying with thebidea of startign a blog for quite a while now, partly as somewhere to post my writing.
I notice a lot of people use blogspot, is that easy to use? I'd heard things like wordpress were quite difficult to navigate and had been looking at this kind of thing http://website.1and1.com/free-website-builder but would rather have recommendations.

Thank you :)


I use Wordpress and really like it.  

First X: Xenomorph.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Willow85

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Oct 2014
  • Posts: 6
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #277 on: November 21, 2014, 10:12:21 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;165839
I use Wordpress and really like it.  

First X: Xenomorph.


Have you found it ok to use? Not too complicated?

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #278 on: November 21, 2014, 01:44:53 pm »
Quote from: Willow85;165841
Have you found it ok to use? Not too complicated?

 
I needed a little bit of help in the beginning, but there are a lot of people here who use it and they helped me out.  I really like it now.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Kylara

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 881
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 62
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #279 on: November 21, 2014, 02:51:57 pm »
Quote from: Willow85;165832
I'm doing nano too! I wont get this finished but I've written more than I've ever written before.
However, in a fit of procrastination I've just spent the last hour or so looking through these blogs and it's really inspiring. I've been toying with thebidea of startign a blog for quite a while now, partly as somewhere to post my writing.
I notice a lot of people use blogspot, is that easy to use? I'd heard things like wordpress were quite difficult to navigate and had been looking at this kind of thing http://website.1and1.com/free-website-builder but would rather have recommendations.

Thank you :)

 
I haven't worked with anything besides blogspot, but I think it's really easy to use.  I don't know much about the promoting end of things, I mainly write for myself, so this PBP is the first time I've really shared a lot of my posts.

Almost forgot about this weeks post too, remember it was Friday just a bit ago, so figured I'd better write my post before I lost track of time and missed it!

X-roads and Intersections
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Kylara

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 881
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 62
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2014, 10:59:14 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;165856
I haven't worked with anything besides blogspot, but I think it's really easy to use.  I don't know much about the promoting end of things, I mainly write for myself, so this PBP is the first time I've really shared a lot of my posts.

Almost forgot about this weeks post too, remember it was Friday just a bit ago, so figured I'd better write my post before I lost track of time and missed it!

X-roads and Intersections

 
Lost track of time...almost forgot to do today's post!

Xenophobia and Xenophilia
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »
Quote from: Kylara;166369
Lost track of time...almost forgot to do today's post!

Xenophobia and Xenophilia

 
Second X - only a few days late!  Xen
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Aisling

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 3452
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 64
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2014, 07:27:50 pm »
Quote from: Jack;129011


 
I didn't do the PBP this year, but was seriously considering it for 2015.  However, I see on the FB page that Jess has decided to discontinue the project.

I know the Cauldron blog project fizzled this year, but would anyone be interested in doing a 2015 version in a vein more similar to the PBP?
Into the Grey Mists (Spiritual Blog)

"All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want.
But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them."
~Neil Gaiman,
American Gods

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2014, 08:30:47 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;166664
I didn't do the PBP this year, but was seriously considering it for 2015.  However, I see on the FB page that Jess has decided to discontinue the project.

I know the Cauldron blog project fizzled this year, but would anyone be interested in doing a 2015 version in a vein more similar to the PBP?

I would.  PBP was amazing for me, and without it I'll be able to better commit to another writing project.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Naomi J

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Aug 2012
  • Location: London, UK
  • Posts: 1967
  • Country: gb
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Gaelic polytheism, modern druidry, rather attached to Cailleach Bhearra, Narnian heretic...
  • Preferred Pronouns: They or she
Re: Pagan Blog Project 2014
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2014, 03:45:25 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;166666
I would.  PBP was amazing for me, and without it I'll be able to better commit to another writing project.

I failed at PBP this year, but I'd like another try. Doing it through TC is a great idea.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Stone Onto Sand

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
526 Replies
23820 Views
Last post January 01, 2013, 12:39:56 am
by Darkhawk
626 Replies
32714 Views
Last post December 31, 2013, 02:37:01 pm
by Naomi J
126 Replies
11511 Views
Last post July 24, 2014, 10:29:08 pm
by Tom
148 Replies
17640 Views
Last post August 11, 2015, 11:11:06 am
by Kylara
9 Replies
1643 Views
Last post March 08, 2016, 07:22:42 pm
by Aisling

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall