collapse

Author Topic: More Ancestor stuff  (Read 619 times)

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
More Ancestor stuff
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:41:39 pm »
I've been thinking about ancestors a lot recently, how to do ancestor work, who my ancestors are, and I've got a pretty good handle on most of this now I think but there's something I could do with some thoughts on.

So I dream a lot, I always remember my dreams and they are either garbled  nonsensical sifting through stuff, or flagging up emotional stuff I need to be dealing with or am dealing with in my sleep. I never have dreams with signs or symbols or prophesies or contact from Elsewhere.

Last night I dreamed of my partners mother,  who died long before my partner and I  met each other. She's not someone I think about often and my partner doesn't talk about her much. In the dream we were sorting through piles of junk deciding what to keep and what to give away. We didn't talk much except about what we were doing but there was a strong feeling of affection from her towards me, also there was  a real sense she'd been keeping an eye on us and rooting for us.

This dream had a really different flavor to it from my other dreams. It felt really different.

Obviously no one can give me a definitive answer but I'm wondering if maybe this is her coming to me because she want's to build a relationship with me? Wants me to do ancestor work with her? It's not something I had thought about as a possibility before the dream but it's something that make a of of sense
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

savveir

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: More Ancestor stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 09:24:42 pm »
Quote from: maybeimawitch;134096
I've been thinking about ancestors a lot recently, how to do ancestor work, who my ancestors are, and I've got a pretty good handle on most of this now I think but there's something I could do with some thoughts on.

So I dream a lot, I always remember my dreams and they are either garbled  nonsensical sifting through stuff, or flagging up emotional stuff I need to be dealing with or am dealing with in my sleep. I never have dreams with signs or symbols or prophesies or contact from Elsewhere.

Last night I dreamed of my partners mother,  who died long before my partner and I  met each other. She's not someone I think about often and my partner doesn't talk about her much. In the dream we were sorting through piles of junk deciding what to keep and what to give away. We didn't talk much except about what we were doing but there was a strong feeling of affection from her towards me, also there was  a real sense she'd been keeping an eye on us and rooting for us.

This dream had a really different flavor to it from my other dreams. It felt really different.

Obviously no one can give me a definitive answer but I'm wondering if maybe this is her coming to me because she want's to build a relationship with me? Wants me to do ancestor work with her? It's not something I had thought about as a possibility before the dream but it's something that make a of of sense

Honestly it's hard to say. I would think that you're on the right track with building a relationship and ancestor work. Chances are you'll get more answers after starting to do that work, and build the relationship.
"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
-Lewis Carroll

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Jack of Many Trades
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 09:36:47 pm »

At the very least it sounds to me like she wants to approve of the person her child is in a relationship with, and so reaching out to you. Since it's your partner's parent, though, I'd talk to them first about it before deciding how to proceed. If it seems like a good idea then you can put up a picture and light candles and incense or whatever offerings you think she'd like.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Materialist

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:51:39 pm »

I just finished a three night long oneiromantic ritual, because I really wanted to get some answers to questions that had been bugging me for weeks. Anyway, what I do, while in bed, as long as I have any lucidity, is concentrate on the question I have, and on an object representing the hoped for answers in dreams.

It worked, the dreams were severely symbolic and one took all day to figure out, but some of the mysteries of the universe have been solved for me.

Tags: