Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: If the Rapture actually happened, what would you do?  (Read 10349 times)

RunningWolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: If the Rapture actually happened, what would you do?
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2014, 10:39:03 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;144020
Hate to point this out, but if I remember correctly from my time in evangelical-land, if you're posting in a place like this, you're probably not rapture-worthy.;)

They were pretty clear that not everybody who called themselves Christian would make it. Just the "true" Christians who fit their narrow definition. No Catholics, likely, because we Catholics (as I was at the time) dismissed the whole lot of end-times prophecy as bunkum. Officially. In fact, the Church branded it as heresy.

I choose not to believe in a heresy. :D: I have that much Catholic left in me.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that the "rapture" is a protestant phenomenon.

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2014, 12:16:36 pm »
Quote from: Adnarim;143619
I'm a prepper. Not because rapture. But because of wars and such. So my "lets stock up extra batteries and dried foods" led into full blown prep.   Maybe i am insane. But if Everything goes south. . Me and mine will be good.

I decided a long time ago that I did not want to survive the various end of the world scenarios. Unfortunately, I moved to SC where there aren't any major things that need to be gotten rid of, such as Groton CT where the nuclear subs are.

Phouka

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2014, 03:17:08 am »
Quote from: Lokabrenna;65666
Apparently, this is what happened to "A Prayer for Owen Meany" when the movie came out--the author sued to disassociate himself completely from that movie.

I just don't want to be one of those authors.
Besides, I've already written the first couple paragraphs and....I don't think the main character's committed non-monogamous relationship will appeal to a lot of people. *sigh*

Oh well, that just means I can write without worrying about what the "mainstream" likes. The point is that I thought it was a cool idea, so I will write it, and then it will languish on my hard drive....

Don't. Don't let it languish. Someone, somewhere wants to read it. Might be dying to read a book like that. A certain phrase can change their day or their heart. Small things matter. All things matter.

Don't worry about whether you write 1 or 15 books about this. As long as they are all from you, then that is what matters.  

Pro tip:when we are exhausted or completely relaxed, that is when we get our best ideas. Our minds are more creative. That's why that state right before you fall asleep or right when you're waking up or standing in a hot shower, will sometimes bring your best or biggest epiphany. Listen to yourself.  

Sounds like a topic I wish I had thought of. Good luck. I hope I get to read it :-)

Tags: