collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 21 October 2020: $558 donated. Only $152 more needed! Thank you, donors!

Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day

* Recent Posts

Re: Developing and Nurturing a Positive Mindset by Sefiru
[October 19, 2020, 07:12:35 pm]

Re: Dreaming of Moonlight on Water by entwife
[October 19, 2020, 12:06:02 pm]

Re: Dreaming of Moonlight on Water by PerditaPickle
[October 19, 2020, 07:15:27 am]

Re: Dreaming of Moonlight on Water by ehbowen
[October 18, 2020, 09:50:51 pm]

Dreaming of Moonlight on Water by entwife
[October 18, 2020, 03:14:20 pm]

Author Topic: Have You Ever Suffered Discrimination As A Pagan?  (Read 17190 times)

BRIGGS

• Sr. Newbie
  • Hail Odin, Hail the Aesir
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Asatru, Norse Paganism, Odinism
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Have You Ever Suffered Discrimination As A Pagan?
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2017, 06:51:04 pm »
Have any of you suffered discrimination as a pagan? I must admit that I've never suffered any form of discrimination out there as a pagan. I've been attacked on-line by people that believe that I have to be black to worship the Egyptian gods but that was a couple of years ago and every once in a while someone will find my video's and make comments that are stupid but out there, no.
I haven't ever been discriminated against or made fun of for my belief in Norse gods.  I have been called a nerd because when I tell people about me wearing Mjollnir they associate with the movies and when I tell them its not related to the movies but to the god they think i'm one of those people who are obsessed with ancient religions.
I am an alt-right Pagan!  Not looking for debates, I don't think my race is superior I just think that everyone should live with themselves alone.  However, the internet is a place for everyone of every creed.  I am into bodybuilding (GETTING MASSIVE GAINS EVERYDAY BRVH) and I love conlanging (Bee meen freend in ConWorkShop meen næm is Advark!)

Oskar

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: he, him, his
Re: Have You Ever Suffered Discrimination As A Pagan?
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2017, 12:37:23 am »
Have any of you suffered discrimination as a pagan? I must admit that I've never suffered any form of discrimination out there as a pagan. I've been attacked on-line by people that believe that I have to be black to worship the Egyptian gods but that was a couple of years ago and every once in a while someone will find my video's and make comments that are stupid but out there, no.

I have never been discriminated against personally but then I have only identified as Pagan for the last 15 months and I am also very careful who I share my religious beliefs with. I have a good friend who I've only known for a year and she is a devout Christian but she is also a very accepting and understanding person. I was expecting to be somewhat discriminated against when I shared my beliefs with her but I have been pleasantly surprised: she has accepted that my beliefs are vastly different and has been understanding and sometimes even curious about Paganism. I take this as a sign that she is someone to keep in my life.

Tags: