Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Grove/Coven/UU church/something in Indiana/Kentucky  (Read 1587 times)

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Grove/Coven/UU church/something in Indiana/Kentucky
« on: June 19, 2017, 05:24:46 am »
Hey guys, as some of you already know I am currently involved with an American. I will I fly over to see him in a few weeks and, since our relationship is evolving rather well, I am looking for a religious base somewhere in his area. (southern Indiana, northern Kentucky, between Louisville and Owensboro)

I'm looking for a home base for me, as a Gaul/Celtic oriented semi-reconstructionalist druid kind of pagan ( ???). I'd like a grove or something, but I'm not OBOD (and won't be in the near future due to having enough on my plate already). A coven would be nice too, but I'm not Wiccan. I've been thinking about a UU-church, as my s.o. would be able to attend without conflict. He grew up in a Southern Baptist family but changed over to American Baptism in his twenties. He is very open minded and free spirited and is very interested in other religions to the point of being considered blasphemous by some Baptists.

Is anybody familiar with the pagan layout in this area, or maybe familiar with some of the UU churches there?
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
Re: Grove/Coven/UU church/something in Indiana/Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:30:58 pm »
Is anybody familiar with the pagan layout in this area, or maybe familiar with some of the UU churches there?

Bump?  :o

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 05:25:23 pm »

It just occurred to me that I know someone who's in a church choir in a UU church in Lexington, Kentucky, if you have any specific questions I can pass 'em on.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 02:46:11 am »
Hey guys, as some of you already know I am currently involved with an American. I will I fly over to see him in a few weeks and, since our relationship is evolving rather well, I am looking for a religious base somewhere in his area. (southern Indiana, northern Kentucky, between Louisville and Owensboro)

I'm looking for a home base for me, as a Gaul/Celtic oriented semi-reconstructionalist druid kind of pagan ( ???). I'd like a grove or something, but I'm not OBOD (and won't be in the near future due to having enough on my plate already). A coven would be nice too, but I'm not Wiccan. I've been thinking about a UU-church, as my s.o. would be able to attend without conflict. He grew up in a Southern Baptist family but changed over to American Baptism in his twenties. He is very open minded and free spirited and is very interested in other religions to the point of being considered blasphemous by some Baptists.

I live in central Kentucky, and there are good some nice, inclusive UU Churches in the state. I have heard really good things about the one in Richmond and the one in Louisville. I don't know of any covens in the area.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:50 am »
I live in central Kentucky, and there are good some nice, inclusive UU Churches in the state. I have heard really good things about the one in Richmond and the one in Louisville. I don't know of any covens in the area.

Thank you! The one in Louisville might be a good fit even though its an hours drive. I'll look into it.
It just occurred to me that I know someone who's in a church choir in a UU church in Lexington, Kentucky, if you have any specific questions I can pass 'em on.

I'm sorry, I just noticed I never replied to you  :-[
Lexingting is 2,5 hours from me so that church would not work for me. But maybe they know of a church closer to home?

Tags: