collapse

Author Topic: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)  (Read 4916 times)

Bliss

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 9
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Can someone here please tell me more about my past life in as much as detail as possible ?
The current details I know are that I was a high-ranking monk in Tibet. I helped novices determine whether or not the monastic life was suitable for them...
I would like to know more especially about incidences in my past life as well as what area of Tibet I was born in and the name I had.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:24:45 pm by Bliss »

SariusImpariul

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 17
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://nightgolem.deviantart.com/
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:25:23 pm »
Quote from: Bliss;8774
Can someone here please tell me more about my past life in as much as detail as possible ?
The current details I know are that I was a high-ranking monk in Tibet. I helped novices determine whether or not the monastic life was suitable for them...
I would like to know more especially about incidences in my past life as well as what area of Tibet I was born in and the name I had.

I'm just curious, but why is the past important to you as a present person?

Bliss

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 9
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:43:15 pm »
Quote from: SariusImpariul;8801
I'm just curious, but why is the past important to you as a present person?

It interests me because it's sort of fulfilling knowing who I was and what I have done in the past. It can also alert me to problems in this present life that were caused in the past life. By knowing my past follies I can repent and regret them thus dissipating more quickly the negative karma that was caused by that action. Knowing these things just seems important an nice to know
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:43:52 pm by Bliss »

SariusImpariul

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 17
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://nightgolem.deviantart.com/
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:34:15 pm »
Quote from: Bliss;8816
It interests me because it's sort of fulfilling knowing who I was and what I have done in the past. It can also alert me to problems in this present life that were caused in the past life. By knowing my past follies I can repent and regret them thus dissipating more quickly the negative karma that was caused by that action. Knowing these things just seems important an nice to know

In that case I think you should do things to try to revive those memories rather then to rely on the words of others. Many otherkin just figuring themselves out make the mistake of asking others to identify them, but in the end the only one who can see your own self clearly is yourself. Only you know your past live for sure, only you know the things you say and do not say, do and do not do, think and don't think. I could offer some techniques you could try to revive memories as I think that would be much more helpful then trying to peer in to you. Would you be alright with that?

Bliss

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 9
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 10:51:20 pm »
Quote from: SariusImpariul;8825
In that case I think you should do things to try to revive those memories rather then to rely on the words of others. Many otherkin just figuring themselves out make the mistake of asking others to identify them, but in the end the only one who can see your own self clearly is yourself. Only you know your past live for sure, only you know the things you say and do not say, do and do not do, think and don't think. I could offer some techniques you could try to revive memories as I think that would be much more helpful then trying to peer in to you. Would you be alright with that?

Yes please I would like to know some techniques thank you !
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:51:41 pm by Bliss »

SariusImpariul

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 17
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://nightgolem.deviantart.com/
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 01:52:39 am »
Quote from: Bliss;8842
Yes please I would like to know some techniques thank you !

Alright, I will tell you a few then and hope at least one works for you, as different things work for different people. I hope at least one of mine helps you, as one of them I used a lot when trying to recover my own memories from different lifetimes.

1. Try to look in your mind. Try to see it's eye, the 'eye' being a 'window' of sorts. Draw the eye, even if you are bad at art. Try to make it as accurate in shape as possible, things like colors or shading doesn't matter as much. The eye doesn't need to look like a human eye, or an animal eye. It can be abstract in color and design too. One example of something I did years ago on the computer(though not sure what it was a 'window' to at that time.)

People, things are always changing though so I think too much time shouldn't be spent om drawing that eye if you want to 'open' that window. For some reason I think that visual of the eye helps in opening the 'window' to part of your soul and taking a peek. This has been very reliable for me, but it might not work for everyone. I didn't get it from a book after all.

2. Image your mind or souls memories like a vast library in your mind, and grab a book and open it. What you 'see' or 'read', or rather what you are aiming to 'read' would be 'memories'. This never worked for me, but it worked for a friend of mine that used it. If it worked for him, it will probably work for others.

3. Meditation. It never worked for me but I have heard from a few others that it worked for them. Then again some people seem to rely heavily on meditation.. I'm not really one of them.

4. One I have tried and did work for me. Black out your mind and just start writing. A lot of times what comes out will be fantasy, but sometimes you can hit the mark and write fragments of memories. That is what it was like for me anyway. A lot of fantasy and poetry, and some fragments of memories. Once again, might not work for everyone and I did not get it from a book so like all the other suggestions so far there are likely better ways of going about it.

5. Something I have tried and worked for me sometimes. Just clearing my mind, trying to think on perhaps a landscape I might have been to before. Watch TV, read books, watch movies, watch or read a lot of kinds of things to get as many visuals as you can. These are memories from a different life. Like amnesia patients sometimes your mind needs an extra kick in getting there, seeing or hearing of familiar things and/or familiar events that may have happened in that lifetime. It's a past life, it didn't happen yesterday. Once again though, didn't get it out of a book, probably doesn't work for everyone, likely not the best.

These are the only things I know when it comes to memory work, sorry for the lack of useful suggestions.

JuniperMorgan

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 197
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 02:52:12 am »
Quote from: SariusImpariul;8878
Alright, I will tell you a few then and hope at least one works for you, as different things work for different people. I hope at least one of mine helps you, as one of them I used a lot when trying to recover my own memories from different lifetimes.

These are the only things I know when it comes to memory work, sorry for the lack of useful suggestions.

 
I'm snagging this for my own use if you don't mind.  I've recently had some memories of other awaken and pretty much demand attention.  In trying to look for methods to work with, you understandably get a lot of bull and folly!  

Thank you both for this thread.  

JM
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

SariusImpariul

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 17
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://nightgolem.deviantart.com/
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 03:29:25 am »
Quote from: JuniperMorgan;8885
I'm snagging this for my own use if you don't mind.  I've recently had some memories of other awaken and pretty much demand attention.  In trying to look for methods to work with, you understandably get a lot of bull and folly!  

Thank you both for this thread.  

JM

 I don't mind at all, snag away! I hope one of those work for you. Yes, that is true. The one that has always been reliable to me has been the eyes, when I use it I feel almost guaranteed.

arkeiryn

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 39
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 05:40:09 pm »
Quote from: SariusImpariul;8825
Many otherkin just figuring themselves out make the mistake of asking others to identify them, but in the end the only one who can see your own self clearly is yourself.


Tell me about it. So many people going "Oh, hai! Tell me what I am now kthxbai~!", makes me so cross...

Also, those techniques you posted look interesting *steals*
"That which yields is not always weak."

"Yes my lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers"

SariusImpariul

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 17
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://nightgolem.deviantart.com/
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 01:11:45 am »
Quote from: arkeiryn;9306
Tell me about it. So many people going "Oh, hai! Tell me what I am now kthxbai~!", makes me so cross...

Also, those techniques you posted look interesting *steals*

Well most do that because they are naive on how to figure it out on their own. They don't normally think of asking for ways to remember them on their own, they don't always realize that every person is fully capable of figuring out these things themselves and that they are the ones that should be doing it and looking in to it, not others.

Asking others to do it for them opens the possibility of people trying to swarm in, and deceive them for their own purposes. I've seen those swarms more times then I like to think about. I've seen those same people swarm for anyone they think is confused enough about themselves too though. Actually when I was younger, from 12 to 16 or 17 I would have people like that try to swam me every now and then.. But I always ended up ticking those people off XD

I hope one of those work for you^^

Katefox

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 127
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 11:53:16 am »
Quote from: SariusImpariul;9398
Well most do that because they are naive on how to figure it out on their own. They don't normally think of asking for ways to remember them on their own, they don't always realize that every person is fully capable of figuring out these things themselves and that they are the ones that should be doing it and looking in to it, not others.

 
Really?  I'm just really surprised by this statement, because I would have thought it was the most obvious thing that the person best able to remember their past lives is the person whose lives they were.


Admittedly, I'm not sure I believe in past life/otherkin memories, because the one time I tried to remember things from past lives, I found I was just making stuff up, rather than remembering anything, and gave up the attempt as fruitless.

SariusImpariul

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 17
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://nightgolem.deviantart.com/
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 05:07:17 pm »
Quote from: Katefox;9488
Really?  I'm just really surprised by this statement, because I would have thought it was the most obvious thing that the person best able to remember their past lives is the person whose lives they were.


Admittedly, I'm not sure I believe in past life/otherkin memories, because the one time I tried to remember things from past lives, I found I was just making stuff up, rather than remembering anything, and gave up the attempt as fruitless.

For people honestly looking for information in to their own past lives it can be very hard. Be it because of memories in that life subconsciously scare them, or they subconsciously fear the unknown, like if they where a kind of person they would hate in that lifetime or if something bad happened. People can become very uncertain and lost in many ways.

For some people, they really are getting back past life memories. I'll use myself as an example. When I was very very young, I would have a nightmare every night. From when I was six or younger to when I was seven or eight. That dream was actually a past life memory of my last lifetime, or to be exact how I died in it. It gave me many nights of not getting as much sleep as I would like. It wasn't until I was much older did I find out the uniforms I saw in that dream where russian. I had lived in Russia in my very last past life, and had seen details that when I first started having those dreams had never seen outside of those dreams in this lifetime. Until I was twelve or older the only military uniforms I saw was American in black and white comedy movies my mother would watch(and yet she let me watch bloody horror movies..)

I have run in to things like this here and there with my own past life memories, though every time I do I get a bit freaked out. I suppose its one thing to remember but another thing to get proof. It's why I never actively seek proof- I don't want to find it. I suppose that sounds a bit strange but I would rather trust in myself then to seek out more proof and get smacked with it more.

But yes, either way regaining past life memories can be very hard, and why not? They often times happened an entire lifetime ago or more lifetimes ago. Just knowing that it makes more sense for it to be hard then for it to be easy.

JuniperMorgan

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 197
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »
Quote from: SariusImpariul;9554
For people honestly looking for information in to their own past lives it can be very hard. Be it because of memories in that life subconsciously scare them, or they subconsciously fear the unknown, like if they where a kind of person they would hate in that lifetime or if something bad happened. People can become very uncertain and lost in many ways.

But yes, either way regaining past life memories can be very hard, and why not? They often times happened an entire lifetime ago or more lifetimes ago. Just knowing that it makes more sense for it to be hard then for it to be easy.

 
I can second this.  There were nightmares I had very often as a small child about things that happened in Roman times that were not a topic of discussion with a 3 and 4 year old (methods of war and torture).  A few months ago a film jarred something loose, and I have been struggling with it ever since.  This is now 30 years later from the childhood memories by the by.  On the one hand I want to know more and validate within myself what I am seeing/feeling/sensing, because it would explain a few of the blocks I am having difficulty dislodging.  On the other, such validation would be a bit overwhelming.  Ultimately the benefits of being able to understand and better deal with the blocks outweigh the fear of knowing.

JM
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

AmberHeart

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 37
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A question for those with psychic abilities (Past Life Question)
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 11:12:47 am »
Quote from: Bliss;8774
Can someone here please tell me more about my past life in as much as detail as possible ?
The current details I know are that I was a high-ranking monk in Tibet. I helped novices determine whether or not the monastic life was suitable for them...
I would like to know more especially about incidences in my past life as well as what area of Tibet I was born in and the name I had.

 
My healing service as a Witch is that of past life healing. Given that you believe in karma, my opinions/experience below may not click for you but hopefully something will be useful to your journey.

Remembering past lives is a normal and natural ability that all humans have in potential.

Many of us live in incarnational circumstances that prevent us from activating this potential.

Each of us has the choice to awaken this ability and learn about our past lives (and those of others).

To do so helpfully (especially for one’s self) requires getting and keeping one’s ego out of interpreting such clues.

You can certainly ask for help from someone else but no guarantees ever about the discipline, honesty and skill behind any reader’s ability. The key here is that any offered clues are like a box of tools. What you do with it after you get such a reading then is up to you, not the reader.

The majority of past lives of most people in my experience are ordinary and localised. I call this my ‘not everyone gets to have been Cleopatra rule’. Someone had to be the historical important of course but one always has to be wary of such clues.

Because of the way my ability works, I interpret past life information as clues about habits and patterns of relationships, these being the relevant information needed for healing work. Habits can be broken. Patterns of relationships (provided the others involved agree to do) can be healed. (…the way my gift works, others abilities will differ)

The minutia of what happened in past lives (names, places, who you were, what you did, looked like, felt, ate etc) is almost always irrelevant to the here and now and to the healing work being considered. The more one explores one's past lives of course, the more minutia will turn up.  

As for techniques, take the past life you have info on as a starting point. Just one life out of many.

Start a journal (not a diary….you write in what is meaningful when it happens) for clues.
Have you ever been somewhere new yet felt it was strangely familiar?
A period of history that resonates?
Have pronounced inexplicable reactions of fear, dislike, joy or pleasure?
Had a strong reaction to someone else (negative or positive) that you couldn’t explain?
Have preferences that make no sense given your background?
Had any lucid dreams (intense and vivid) that seem to indicate a past life?
There may be (not always but they may be) clues to past lives.

Activating one’s ability can be a slow progression or it can happen in an altered state. Everyone is different.

If you are comfortable with divination tools, use such to invoke an altered state. The symbolic language implicit in such a tool may trigger clues.

Amber

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
892 Views
Last post December 16, 2012, 10:53:42 am
by Faemon
9 Replies
1007 Views
Last post March 05, 2013, 12:12:43 am
by WinterrTradition
11 Replies
1162 Views
Last post February 27, 2014, 12:47:04 pm
by Elizabeth
5 Replies
1212 Views
Last post April 09, 2014, 04:19:20 am
by Arthurine
6 Replies
723 Views
Last post February 14, 2019, 12:43:18 pm
by EnderDragonFire

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall