Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Astral Projection/Lucid dreaming - OBEs  (Read 1626 times)

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Astral Projection/Lucid dreaming - OBEs
« on: October 17, 2015, 01:00:30 am »
Have you had experience with astral projection (or lucid dreaming)?  Is this something you do regularly or important to your spirituality?

It's something I've always wanted to be able to do regularly to access different states of mind or even the sheer fun of it, although I have only been able to have one OBE.  I transitioned into it from a dream state and entered into a black void after many weeks of practice.  It was a wonderful, peaceful experience and I could fly and "knew" I had been to this place before and wondered why I ever forgot about it.

Since then I have not had anymore OBEs except for semi-lucid dream states that were not very vivid.  I haven't been very good about keeping up with my practice.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Astral Projection/Lucid dreaming - OBEs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 06:09:05 am »
Quote from: EclecticWheel;181111
Have you had experience with astral projection (or lucid dreaming)?  Is this something you do regularly or important to your spirituality?

This is my favorite subject! While I was able to develop a meditative technique that got me to OBE fairly regularly, I haven't been able to get back to that consistency for reasons that I believe are good. I was depressed when I started, and I think one facet of the depression was being able to imitate stasis and blankness. When I received treatment, the resulting inner vitality made it too difficult to mentally balance. I'm sure that there's a way to OBE without being depressed, but it was difficult for me to start from the first step again.

My method:
1.) blank mind meditation
2.) even though I said "blank", try to play with proprioception, noticing the air in front of your face and the air in front of the layer of air that's in front of your face
3.) trick yourself into giving up while still keeping your mind blank and your sense of location somewhere else
4.) you might feel violent movements and hear thudding or screaming, but try not to care

When I skipped off steps 2-4, I got my first lucid dream. All that said, I...didn't actually find anything out of body that was helpful or useful. I couldn't even check the suit and number of some playing cards that I left on the highest shelf. So, I shifted gears to Jungian active imagination.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Lilirin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 06:31:02 am »

It's something I've always wanted to be able to do regularly to access different states of mind or even the sheer fun of it, although I have only been able to have one OBE.  I transitioned into it from a dream state and entered into a black void after many weeks of practice.  It was a wonderful, peaceful experience and I could fly and "knew" I had been to this place before and wondered why I ever forgot about it.

Since then I have not had anymore OBEs except for semi-lucid dream states that were not very vivid.  I haven't been very good about keeping up with my practice.

A lot! I do all of this. I can get good things from dream working. The best time for some of this meditation is when you are laying down and you go to that state in-between consciousness and unconsciousness. It's very hard to do and takes a lot of practice.

Lucid dreaming comes and goes but I have better time receiving it on those over the counter sleeping pills. (1-2 on average) I read Mugwort is effect for inciting lucid dreaming though for me personally I couldn't get it to work. (Perhaps the dosage was too low, I have no idea.)

Moonstone

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:15:31 pm »

I have had lucid dreams many times in fact i had one the other night. They just seem to come on randomly but when i actually try to have a lucid dream it doesn't happen. I have also had semi OBEs during meditation.

Tags: