Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Call For Submissions -- Fire Jewel: A Devotional Anthology to Freya  (Read 2965 times)

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Title: Fire Jewel: A Devotional Anthology to Freya
Publisher: Asphodel Press
Deadline: May 13th, 2012

She is known as Giver, Sow, Sea-Bright, Battle-Goddess, Teacher of Seidr, Vanadis, Priestess, Daughter of Njord, Sister of Frey. Freya is one of the most popular goddesses in the Northern Tradition. This anthology is a celebration of Freya in her many aspects.

I am looking to include prayers, rituals, poetry, articles, experiential essays, recipes, meditations, black and white artwork or whatever anyone feels called to contribute.

Length of submissions: no more than 8000 words for an essay

Do not feel as if you need to be Heathen to contribute. As long as submissions are respectful and focused on Freya specifically. All are welcome to submit something for the anthology.

Regrettably, I will not be able to compensate contributors for their work, please consider your work an offering for Freya Herself. I would ideally like to give contributors a copy of the book when it
is published, but I cannot guarantee that yet. I am also considering donating the proceeds in part or in whole to a charitable organization (which one is yet to be decided, but I’m leaning towards one that is international in scope, and would welcome suggestions). Heifer International has been suggested as a possible charity.

I am only asking for one-time publishing rights. All contributors will retain the rights to their respective contributions. I will also require legal names and addresses for the purpose of sending out release forms.

Submissions and questions about the anthology may be sent to kryhea(at)yahoo(dot)com

Please send all submissions as Word (.doc) documents or RTF files (.rtf). Sample images may be sent as JPG files, but higher resolution images will be needed for the final product.

Feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be interested!

Tags: