Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: What gemstones are you drawn to?  (Read 5715 times)

tigerlily

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: What gemstones are you drawn to?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 02:43:13 pm »
Quote from: iisabelle;103541
Other than being OMG SHINY, or just beautiful in general, are there any gemstones/crystals that you've been drawn to for no real reason other than you just felt it?

I adore turquoise. It's my birthstone too. I don't actually have any right now though. :(

Back when I was denying that there was anything "weird" about me (as a friend would put it), I bought some clear quartz. Said friend asked me about picking them, and I told him that I went through a bowl and held a bunch of them, and some felt hot and uncomfortable and others felt cool and nice. He laughed at me. "And there's nothing odd about that? They were all together, right, so they didn't get different amounts of sun?" I blushed like mad.

Riothamus12

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: The Nameless Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 07:22:41 pm »
Other than being OMG SHINY, or just beautiful in general, are there any gemstones/crystals that you've been drawn to for no real reason other than you just felt it?

I just had to buy an unakite palmstone today even though I normally prefer stones that come in raw crystal form or some kind of point at least. It's not even a colour I like. And I love it, won't even let it leave my side for a minute right now. Just wondering if anybody had any similar stories or experiences.

If not, what's your favourite gemstone/crystal you find totally underrated?

Sapphires, Jade, and Turquoise. Simply beautiful to behold. They have a certain soothing element to them. Something about their appearance just seems soothing to me in some odd way.
https://inthespiritofconversation.wordpress.com/
I started a blog. Feel free to peruse. It's still in it's early stages and I have to write more, so do bare with me if it's all a little basic so far.

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 11:26:06 pm »

I have this Serpentine Energy stone that I bought from a local metaphysical shop. Once I picked it up after eyeballing it, I was completely unable to put it down. I don't know much of its uses, but I use it as a stone to help me ground. <3 the damn thing.
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Siannan

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 11:38:50 pm »
Quote from: RainbowSnake;123843
I have this Serpentine Energy stone that I bought from a local metaphysical shop. Once I picked it up after eyeballing it, I was completely unable to put it down. I don't know much of its uses, but I use it as a stone to help me ground. <3 the damn thing.

There is something about hematite that I just love, and I try to keep some on me.  I made myself a couple bracelets earlier this year and I feel more grounded when I wear them.  I also really like tiger's eye.  When I go to metaphysical shops,  I usually pick up one or the other.

Wildfire

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 05:39:35 pm »

I just had to buy an unakite palmstone today even though I normally prefer stones that come in raw crystal form or some kind of point at least. It's not even a colour I like. And I love it, won't even let it leave my side for a minute right now. Just wondering if anybody had any similar stories or experiences.

If not, what's your favourite gemstone/crystal you find totally underrated?

I've got bloodstone on my mind a lot lately, and I'm not sure why. I've got a good collection of stones going, including a similar-looking one, rhodonite, but I haven't managed to find any bloodstone yet. As to the ones I've got, I can find myself drawn to different ones at different times. I think it just has to do with what you need at that time, to try and find a balance.

Snowflake obsidian seems pretty overrated, but for the most part, I've found it far more useful for dealing with trauma and confusion/fear than rose quartz, because of its gentleness.
"If God, then world."
"Wait, then where did God come from?"
"That\'s not really part of the original hypothesis."

Hearth Keeper

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://witchfire02.blogspot.com/
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 11:02:43 am »
Aquamarine, Carnelian, Moonstone, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Clear Quartz.  I'm drawn to them, have a special affinity with them, and work with them the most.
~)O(~

Tags: