Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Strange Coincidences/Dreams?  (Read 1273 times)

Andrew Idd

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: ???
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/They
Strange Coincidences/Dreams?
« on: August 19, 2018, 05:23:24 pm »
Not actually sure if this is the right place to put this.

So, for initial reference, I'm an Agnostic of the "I don't know but I don't see a reason to rule it out." Variety. So my attentions to supernatural things, pagan gods has generally been of the Half-Hearted variety. I've always been something of an 'Apathiest.' to use the joking term.

But then, I've also generally been rather superstitious. Some things are good luck, others aren't. And I've always been interested in myths because they're just interesting things.

Anyway, for one reason or another I'd begun listening to Audiobooks of Norse Myths not too long ago, so when I had a job interview, and was nervous, I got the idea in my head to look up old Proto-Norse word for Victory. Then look up the various meanings of the Runes that made up that word to ensure I wasn't inviting any unfortunate resonance that way, then marked them down on my arm in sharpie marker, out of easy sight in my sleeve on the day of the interview.

Now, I got the job but the thing that really struck me was, it was raining that day when I arrived. And as I gathered my bag and papers and shut the car off after I parked, the rain came to one of those dead stops, As Rain does, Where there's a break in the rain. That break lasted just long enough for me to get under the cover in front of the front door of the building. Then, on top of that I got the job. Sure it wasn't like I was going in completely unprepared. But together? That kind of spooked me with the coincidence.

Then, last night I had a dream. Something I've done for years is a lot of my family members are Christian, devoutly so, there's been more than one time where I've gone to church with a girlfriend or family member, just because they wanted it.

In the dream I was doing just that, but something just felt wrong. Like that general feeling of Malaise you get just before a cold, where you're not quite completely miserable yet, but you just feel off, like something's wrong. And it got worse, the longer I sat there. Until eventually it god bad enough that I was collapsing, and woke up. But the odd thing was the sharpie marks from my interview day were there on my arm in the dream.

Anyway, that's the story. Not sure if it's just my brain making connections where it shouldn't, or what. But it's weird, that's for sure. Figured someone might have something to say on the matter.

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
Re: Strange Coincidences/Dreams?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 09:37:31 pm »
Anyway, that's the story. Not sure if it's just my brain making connections where it shouldn't, or what. But it's weird, that's for sure. Figured someone might have something to say on the matter.

Well, it could certainly be sign that you are being drawn to Norse powers or practices. I don't follow that path myself, but anecdotally, I find that magical charms and protections are effective regardless of culture.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Tags: