Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Spirit Guides  (Read 1906 times)

Cirrus13

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Spirit Guides
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:44:28 pm »
Hello

I have not read much about spirit guides, as I am relatively new to the concept. I had a question, though. Can spirit guides manifest as an extension of yourself? For example, the feeling of the presence of wings, horns, vestigial arms, eyes? When I am feeling vulnerable, I feel like a set of feathered wings come around to comfort me. This has happened more and more frequently as I have looked into magick, wicca, paganism and whatnot. Roughly since I was 11 or 12.
Now, I feel like they communicate with me and I have no control over them. If I'm going into something potentially dangerous, they will appear short and bladed. If I am unsure whether to do something or not, I feel as if they'll insist by flapping, as if to push me forward.
I don't know if it's something trying to communicate with me, or if I'm crazy or what. There's no voice, there's only faint humming (think a low-tone hymn) that I 'feel' when they're around. Maybe it's a spirit guide? Any information on how to procure answers out of this.. thing? O_o;;
Disclaimer: Anything I post can be classified as UPG unless otherwise stated.

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit Guides
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 09:49:56 am »
Quote from: Inucirrus;36243
Hello

I have not read much about spirit guides, as I am relatively new to the concept. I had a question, though. Can spirit guides manifest as an extension of yourself? For example, the feeling of the presence of wings, horns, vestigial arms, eyes? When I am feeling vulnerable, I feel like a set of feathered wings come around to comfort me. This has happened more and more frequently as I have looked into magick, wicca, paganism and whatnot. Roughly since I was 11 or 12...

That's a bit difficult to answer actually, well answer with a diffentive answer anyway.

When a guide takes you for journey work it is not uncommon to become that guide and literly take on its body form.  In essence to Shape-Shift or Shift-Shape into its form to experience its perspective on things.  The degree of Shape-Shifting or Shift-Shaping will be driven by how it was done.  For example one may seem to change entirely while in dream time or journey work, yet just act as your guide in the physical by mimicking it.  Depending upon the depths and duration of the change one may experience residule sensations after they have returned to their human mindset.

One may also utilize Skin-Walking to become their guide.  In most instances Skin-Walking is the process of wearing a regalia which is compossed of fur and bones of ones various guides, totems, allies, etc.  Depending upon the depths of their mental connection they may believe they have become the creature or creature's whose parts make up thier regalia.

Another form of this is obtained through the usage of skulls or other body parts through which the practitioner may project thier spirit or essence into.  I don't have a whole lot of experience with this form so can only speak of it in real general terms.  Mostly I have heard of its usage through ones totem.

I should add these forms of Skin-Walking should not be confused with the more sinister form of Skin-Walking found in the Navajo and other peoples belief systems.

What your describe also sounds a bit like a psychosematic (sp) condition where the mind creates a sensation that gives a sense of warmth and comfort to the body.  You experience the sensation of being enveloped in gossamar wings because it's a safe sensation adn feeling to you.  Sort of reminds one of the safetly and security they felt wrapped in the arms of their mother type situation for instance.

Of course there is the inverse of this where one experiences pain and discomfort as well.  Think of the sensation where you burn your hands on a hot item them when you see that item it causes you to re-experience that pain initially.  After some time the pain sensation will normally leave but you retain the knowledge that touching it will burn if its hot.

The fact they appear when you sense you are in danger also opens up the possibility of a guardian or protector spirit.  For instnace my youngest son has been in two really bad accidents yet he walked away pretty much untouched.  In one something held him suspended in the air while the car twisted and rolled about him.  In the other pretty much the same, even when he was ejected through the rear window with nothing but a few scrapes.  Yet he will tell you he felt as if he were in his grandmothers arms and could smell a scent he associted to her before she died.

You could even be experiencing a tween.  It's not a common term today but was once associated to royality and others.  It was almost a second body that allowed the person to do things and experience things outside of the realm of the normal.  many times from what I have read as being not bound by the laws of nature so could take many forms.  But as I said not a common persception or term used today to my knowledge.

As I stated difficult to answer for what you describe applies to Spirit Spouses, Spirit Guides, Guides, Totems, Guardians, Tween's, Power Animals, Allies, etc.  I can't even think of a book one could read that really goes into them outside of the neo-shamanic perspective that seem's to have taken hold.

Many times one has to read stories and legends of various peoples to see how these things worked in thier social and belief systems.  You find that many times the same concept is present in many forms but has many differing names.

Can't say I'll know the answers but i'll do my best to answer them if you should have any other questions.

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit Guides
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »
Quote from: Inucirrus;36243
Hello

I have not read much about spirit guides, as I am relatively new to the concept. I had a question, though. Can spirit guides manifest as an extension of yourself? For example, the feeling of the presence of wings, horns, vestigial arms, eyes? When I am feeling vulnerable, I feel like a set of feathered wings come around to comfort me. This has happened more and more frequently as I have looked into magick, wicca, paganism and whatnot. Roughly since I was 11 or 12.
Now, I feel like they communicate with me and I have no control over them. If I'm going into something potentially dangerous, they will appear short and bladed. If I am unsure whether to do something or not, I feel as if they'll insist by flapping, as if to push me forward.
I don't know if it's something trying to communicate with me, or if I'm crazy or what. There's no voice, there's only faint humming (think a low-tone hymn) that I 'feel' when they're around. Maybe it's a spirit guide? Any information on how to procure answers out of this.. thing? O_o;;

This is an older thread but I believe it has value still.

First, I'll soon be 57 as of this writing and have had the ability to "interpret" things from spirit guides/the other side my entire life and in my humble opinion, everyone else has the same ability.

I also need to make a disclaimer here. What I'm saying are entirely my own thoughtsbased on my experiences and nothing more so please, take what I say with a grain of salt because quite frankly, I'm human and prone to error.

It has been my experience that we all have a spirit guide or three. Normaly they are someone you know personally that has passed on.  What is interesting is, they could very well be someone you were at odds with your entire life. They have passed on and are now feeling guilt for their actions and are very wishful of making it up to you to the best of their abilities.

To answer the question of how do they appear to you. It's different for everyone. Recurring dreams can be the norm for one. Another person I worked with experienced nothing more than a bouncing ball as a form of communication. Still another a large headless black dog. It will vary from person to person but whatever form it is will hold a level of importance for the paticular person being contacted. In short, there will be zero doubt there is something important happening you need to take heed of.

We have to keep in mind that these guides are communicating with you for a legitimate reason even though you may have not made an efort to contact them. They are in a different world and have to communicate with you the best way they can. Unfortunately it may not be with the spoken word but instead are communicating with riddles and signs.

When you are presented with "visions" you have to take each detail of the vision and decide what it means to you. You are the answer. Someone like me is merely someone who can help you ask yourself the right questions and possibly give hints to the proper answer.

A good for instance with the bouncing ball I spoke of above included having to take the entire set of circumstances involved around the event. The person that experienced this was extremely frustrated with someone to the point they went online and found spells for curses and were trying to activate them. After they had uttered the words towards the offender, a rubber ball was heard to bounce off a wall in the adjoining room and bounce back into the occupied room. The guide was merely letting the person know that things can "bounce back" on them.

The black headless dog mentioned above required the same "technique." The person was in a reltionship that was rather explosive. The headless dog was large, black and was seen running. Using the entire situation present at the time the guide was saying 1. "black" dog - Black is a sign of danger as well as a large menacing looking dog could be a danger sign. 2. Running - Things are moving towards danger at a rapid pace. 3. - Headless - Things have not come to a head as of yet.

Random dreams normally haven't meant much of anything in my experience. Recurring dreams and wakening events always have. Sometimes they are good news, sometimes they are a warning to take action to change the immediate future.

I reitterate again. These are only my thoughts based upon my own experiences. I have many more experiences that have shaped my thoughts. Please, take them with a grain of salt and think things through on your own when possible.

The OP states that at times he/she is being "pushed" into something when they are indecisive about something. I would hesitate at being pushed into anything by anyone for any reason. Keep in mind, there are "pranksters" on the other side as well as well meaning folks. To date and after dozens of "interpretations" the correct answer with me has always been arrived at by doing nothing more than using a bit of thought and "detective" work.

Regards.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:40:13 pm by Smokebender »
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

Tags: