collapse

Author Topic: Self Protection  (Read 5732 times)

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
Re: Self Protection
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 03:05:02 pm »
I haven't read the book yet, but I have watched Hexe Claire on YouTube, and she's recently published a book called Magical Healing that documents folk healing techniques from her part of the world (formerly East Germany). I'd be surprised if there wasn't something of value in there. (https://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738756844)

Yes, that book looks good, I will put it on my list. I am not just interested in spiritual self defense, but also other stuff like healing and prosperity, so any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 08:47:21 am »
Yes, that book looks good, I will put it on my list. I am not just interested in spiritual self defense, but also other stuff like healing and prosperity, so any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

I take it you've had a scout around for existing threads on those topics  (healing and prosperity), as I feel certain there'll be some. Or if not perhaps they're substantial enough topics to warrant their own threads.

I'm posting on my phone right now which is too fiddly but making a mental note to come back and post one or two ideas when I'm able to.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 02:18:24 pm »
I take it you've had a scout around for existing threads on those topics  (healing and prosperity), as I feel certain there'll be some. Or if not perhaps they're substantial enough topics to warrant their own threads.

I'm posting on my phone right now which is too fiddly but making a mental note to come back and post one or two ideas when I'm able to.

Yes, I do need to hunt around the Threads more to find stuff that is already there. I don't mean to be bothersome. I have sort of been posting asking questions that I maybe need to research more before I ask a question that's someone else has already addressed. Thank you for the response, though. I will look for some healing and prosperity stuff.

Lumpino

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 08:09:23 am »
Anyway, I am looking for advice on starting with folk magick methods for self protection. I come from a line of military on my Father's side, but I never served myself. My point is that I have a somewhat militant nature. I bring that up because I have had aggressive interactions with various negative forces/spirits/entities,.........................

Spirits  usually will not attack alone. Usually only when someone irritating them, for example  by evokation. Usually, as a protection a good talisman is enough.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 08:46:33 am »

So as promised, for self-protection I devised the following methods:

A cleansing visualisation, in which I envisage myself "scooping" handfuls of sunlight from the sky (or moon or starlight if it's night time) and splashing this overmyself, then visualise this light washing down me & then it swirls around my feet, mist-like, before evaporating away.  I'll visualise this action several times when needed.

Similarly, I try for self-protection by envisaging myself teasing out strands of sunlight and winding them around myself in a sort of cage shape - it's mist-like, so negative energies aren't trapped inside but can still escape, whilst the cage around me provides some protection from external factors.

I don't know if this is of any help for you, but there you go.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 08:58:08 am »

And for healing, the only thing I can suggest at present is this Mental Health Foundation relaxation podcast which I find quite useful (hopefully this will play okay outside of the UK):

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/podcasts-and-videos/wellbeing-and-positive-thinking

It might not sound like your thing, but I do urge anyone to give it a go as it's about the power of the mind to increase general wellbeing.  (I think I've posted the right one - there's a whole load of others on the same site which are also quite useful, though, so worth a browse.)

Edit: had pressed Post too soon
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:00:14 am by Pickle »
(From the Metta Sutta)

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 09:19:40 am »
Well, if anyone has any suggestions on self protection magick, I would appreciate any suggestions. I am a bit put off my fancy ceremonial magick, and am more interested in practical, natural FolkMagick. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Brick Dust
Salt
Chicken Feet
Frankincense - will ward off evil spirits
Visualization of protection
Establish wards
Runes or symbolic protection
Offerings to house wights to help protect the home
Poppets

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 01:48:29 pm »
So as promised, for self-protection I devised the following methods:

A cleansing visualisation, in which I envisage myself "scooping" handfuls of sunlight from the sky (or moon or starlight if it's night time) and splashing this overmyself, then visualise this light washing down me & then it swirls around my feet, mist-like, before evaporating away.  I'll visualise this action several times when needed.

Similarly, I try for self-protection by envisaging myself teasing out strands of sunlight and winding them around myself in a sort of cage shape - it's mist-like, so negative energies aren't trapped inside but can still escape, whilst the cage around me provides some protection from external factors.

I don't know if this is of any help for you, but there you go.

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply, Pickle. I will try the same visualization. Thanks again.

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 01:50:28 pm »
And for healing, the only thing I can suggest at present is this Mental Health Foundation relaxation podcast which I find quite useful (hopefully this will play okay outside of the UK):

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/podcasts-and-videos/wellbeing-and-positive-thinking

It might not sound like your thing, but I do urge anyone to give it a go as it's about the power of the mind to increase general wellbeing.  (I think I've posted the right one - there's a whole load of others on the same site which are also quite useful, though, so worth a browse.)

Edit: had pressed Post too soon

Thanks also for this, Pickle. I have a Bipolar Diagnosis and do Peer Support, so any mental health resource is welcome. Thanks again!

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 01:54:35 pm »
Brick Dust
Salt
Chicken Feet
Establish wards
Poppets

Thanks for this list. Reminds me of a friend who saged my apartment about five years ago. I woke up the next day feeling that a bunch of negative spirits had fled. Anyway, I think that I would start with salt since it is cheap and readily available. I use flour to cast circles, but don't do it in the house because I do not want to get flour everywhere. I usually cast circles in an empty lot at night when no one is around. Urban magick.

[edits for spelling and readability]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:57:01 pm by Donal2018 »

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 02:44:41 pm »
Thanks for this list. Reminds me of a friend who saged my apartment about five years ago. I woke up the next day feeling that a bunch of negative spirits had fled. Anyway, I think that I would start with salt since it is cheap and readily available. I use flour to cast circles, but don't do it in the house because I do not want to get flour everywhere. I usually cast circles in an empty lot at night when no one is around. Urban magick.

I would also note in terms of self-protection that I have had some people try to tamper with my circles and it has not worked out well for them. These circles are strong and they are consecrated to certain gods, goddesses, and powers. It is their power, not mine.

I had a friend that was being harassed by some biker types that were into certain occult practices (she used to date a member). I cast a circle to protect her, and these bikers tried to counter it, and it really backfired on them. Since then, she has safely moved out west to a spiritual locale. The bikers have had accidents and have had run-ins with the law. Bad luck.

Zlote Jablko

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Slavic/ PIE Recon
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 05:45:29 pm »
Brick Dust
Salt
Chicken Feet
Establish wards
Poppets

Garlic
Mugwort
Lythrum Salicaria (purple loosestrife)

For an added bonus, consider harvesting anything botanical on summer solstice/ St. John’s night.

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 05:50:20 pm »
Garlic
Mugwort
Lythrum Salicaria (purple loosestrife)

For an added bonus, consider harvesting anything botanical on summer solstice/ St. John’s night.

Cool. Thanks, Zlote. I already use a lot of garlic when I cook (half my relatives by marriage are Italian, so garlic). I will try and incorporate that. I do not have a very green thumb, but I will look into getting some herbal stuff next summer solstice.

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2019, 09:38:59 am »

Even if doing your work outside the home a regular cleaning process is good to do. Treat your home like a big circle is a good rule of thumb. I do some things weekly and somethings monthly

letty

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2019, 11:12:00 pm »
I've also found that small mirrors (like dental-sized) can be consecrated and sometimes made into jewelry to make excellent personal protective charms.

I LOVE this idea.

Tags: