collapse

Author Topic: Ruby in quartz, has anyone worked with this?  (Read 1234 times)

Soletaken

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Ruby in quartz, has anyone worked with this?
« on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:11 am »
First, I wasn't sure where to post this question, I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.
Over the weekend, I purchased a beautiful stone that was labeled "ruby in quartz." I'm having zero luck finding information on this stone, all I can find is information on "ruby in zoisite." I figure with this being a combination stone, I'll get the effects of ruby as well as quartz. Win-win, imo.
Just curious if anyone has worked with this stone, or has any idea where I could dig up some info on it?

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Ruby in quartz, has anyone worked with this?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 07:00:51 pm »
Quote from: Soletaken;188530
First, I wasn't sure where to post this question, I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

We don't really have a standard place where questions about rocks/gems/crystals go, so it's not in the wrong place, but it is more of a 'Magic & the Occult' thing than a 'Pagan Religions' thing, so I've moved from the 'for beginners' forum of the latter, to the equivalent forum of the former. No need to apologize; this is one of the things that it's not easy to tell where it should go.

Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Caroline

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:07:03 am »
Quote from: Soletaken;188530
Over the weekend, I purchased a beautiful stone that was labeled "ruby in quartz." I'm having zero luck finding information on this stone, all I can find is information on "ruby in zoisite." I figure with this being a combination stone, I'll get the effects of ruby as well as quartz. Win-win, imo.
Just curious if anyone has worked with this stone, or has any idea where I could dig up some info on it?

I've worked with ruby zoisite - one of my favourites - but not ruby in quartz / ruby quartz as I've not found any of definitive providence. (There are many variations of descriptive names applied to various stones solely for marketing purposes. In the past I've commonly seen different shades of dyed quartz labelled either ruby or red quartz.)

Synthetic stones have been around for a quite a while, and also aura quartz, which has gold or platinium bonded to it ('ruby aura quartz'). I've also seen ruby in feldspar labelled ruby quartz, and even rutilated quartz called ruby quartz if the inclusions are particularly reddish.

That said, recently (last few years or so) there's been a new sort: quartz with red-flecked inclusions, and a multicoloured opaque (red being one of the hues) but apparently it's somewhat rare and fragile.

Ruby is generally seen as an energetic and protective stone, and quartz as an amplifier and excellent for any sort of energy work, so a combination would be particularly potent, and as you said, win-win :)

Soletaken

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:55:15 pm »
Quote from: Caroline;188688
I've worked with ruby zoisite - one of my favourites - but not ruby in quartz / ruby quartz as I've not found any of definitive providence. (There are many variations of descriptive names applied to various stones solely for marketing purposes. In the past I've commonly seen different shades of dyed quartz labelled either ruby or red quartz.)

Thanks for the info Sunflower and Caroline.

The stone I bought is more or less blue with deep red "mottling" for lack of a better word. It has a very powerful but calm vibe, and I'm hoping that working with it can help with some of my anxiety/fear issues.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:04:17 pm by HarpingHawke »

Tags: