Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Removing blocked energy/negativity?  (Read 2859 times)

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Removing blocked energy/negativity?
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:49:14 pm »
This post details my consuming drive to be cast in Spring Awakening, for which I 1) tanked the audition due to an inexplicable hour-and-a-half wait, and 2) was inexplicably denied a second chance due to the director cancelling the callbacks on a whim.

So I went to see a psychic who told me that there is a negative energy (that being my family's disapproval) blocking me from getting a real chance, and that she can help me get rid of it. I'm not content to leave it just to her anymore, so I would like a spell that either unblocks one's energy or banishes negativity. I've been looking through the Cauldron's spell-book and I'd prefer either a spell or a psychic ritual that doesn't involve essential oils (I have limited funds and space), too many candles (we live in an apartment building with a dog, plus my niece and her dog are staying for Spring Break), or too much time/specific instructions (my family would either wonder why I'm doing weird stuff or accidentally mess it up).

On trying the mundane solutions first--I've been trying to bring my mother and sister around for the past five years, and having drawn the Tower in a reading, I've finally accepted the fact that it will never happen. And you can't get rid of five years' disapproval with a talk unless you're in a movie.

I keep seeing visions of myself rehearsing/performing in this play, getting praise for it, and they keep feeling more real the more I think about them. Also, there is a boy in them that the psychic has informed me is my soulmate, and is also connected to this play.

Since the Morrigan seems particularly invested in this (she is currently raging in the back of my head that her plans to help me were fucked up), I'm thinking of invoking her aid now. By the way, yes: I know invoking the Morrigan is really tricky and you shouldn't do it unless you're 1) absolutely right, and 2) buying a punching bag for the rage she may or may not fill you with.

But I see all this stuff in my head--where I've finally met a guy who isn't platonic/gay/a jerk, and he can handle my depression and my baggage and my bad temper because he knows he can help me sort them out. Where my family can't tell me to get a backup job because every performance gets a standing ovation, and directors see my resume and go, "You went to Laney College AND your first role was Spring Awakening? SHOW UP AT REHEARSAL PLZ."

I know it's all connected to this play and this production. I know I'll get Ilse's role because the director was dumb enough to cast people on appearance and one minute of singing. I know this boy is going to meet me there and we will be fucking awesome together.

I will do ANY-FUCKING-THING to make it happen.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:52:37 pm by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Removing blocked energy/negativity?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:20:11 pm »
Quote from: Sharysa;48875
I started rambling about all the things I was seeing and what I'd do to get them, and she was fine with that, but then I felt her ask "What will you STOP doing?" I didn't get it at first, but after another bout of rambling I said, "I will not go back to my family." By then I was crying and my chest hurt, but it was more of a release than actual pain.

I had to say it three more times for it to sink in, and the only answer she could give me was, "You'll have to wait, but he's coming. Don't worry." I don't know whether this matters or not, but by the end of this I was in a fetal position crying at everything, and felt incredibly cold despite the weather and my blanket.

Update: I asked my Facebook group what this meant, and they confirmed my suspicions that I've "sacrificed" my blood-ties to the Morrigan so I can be happy. Which opens up a whole new can of worms, in that I feel like a stranger in my own apartment and there's an even bigger emotional hole in my chest than there was before.

I always hoped I'd be one of the actors who DIDN'T have to sever ties with their family, but it turns out I'm not.

So I'll just wait for things to hurt less and for the Morrigan's plans to take effect.

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 08:00:35 am »
Quote from: Sharysa;49117
Update: I asked my Facebook group what this meant, and they confirmed my suspicions that I've "sacrificed" my blood-ties to the Morrigan so I can be happy. Which opens up a whole new can of worms, in that I feel like a stranger in my own apartment and there's an even bigger emotional hole in my chest than there was before.

I always hoped I'd be one of the actors who DIDN'T have to sever ties with their family, but it turns out I'm not.

So I'll just wait for things to hurt less and for the Morrigan's plans to take effect.

Hi Sharysa, you probably won't like what I'm going to say, but some of the posts you've made on this issue have raised some pretty glaring red flags.

First, this psychic. I would be very wary of a stranger telling me that my family was the problem. This smacks of manipulation to me. Tell me, how much is she going to charge you to get rid of this "negativity"?

But, Lets say she's correct when she says your family's negative feelings are standing in the way of you achieving your goals. That doesn't necessarily mean that you have to cut them out of your life. That could just mean that you need to stop worrying about their approval and get on with it. Their feelings about it can only hold you back if you let them. The simplest way to "remove the negativity" is to just stop caring about what they think and do your thing.

Second, the Morrigan. Unless your family is abusive, has some kind of control over you, or is threatening you in some way, I can't see Her advocating  cutting ties with them over this. What I can see her doing is pushing you to stand up for yourself, urging you to be more independent and expecting you to move past their disapproval.

Third, and you really aren't going to like this part, I think you're using this "negative energy" thing as a reason to avoid taking personal responsibility for you own failures and I think you're dropping too much responsibility for your success and happiness in the Morrigan's lap. From my experience, this just isn't how She works.

The Morrigan isn't just a goddess of war and sex, She challenges you to step out of your comfort zone and expects Her people to take control of their own lives. She will put obstacles in your way to make you stronger and more committed to your goals. She won't do the heavy lifting for you.

You said that you didn't get an opportunity to audition because the guy running things kept calling others before you. I see this as a challenge to speak out and go for what you want. You didn't do that this time, but maybe that was a lesson for you. Next time, maybe you won't just sit there passively and allow yourself to be ignored.

Honestly, I don't believe this has anything to do with negative energy from your family. I think this has more to do with you needing to be a more active participant in your own life.

My advice? Stop waiting for tM to send you the part and the boy, stop expecting Her to take care of your family issues for you. Start looking at what you might need to change about yourself to achieve your goals and pay attention to the opportunities for change that She sends your way.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I really am trying to help.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:04:35 am by Catherine »

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 08:13:08 am »
So I went to see a psychic who told me that there is a negative energy (that being my family's disapproval) blocking me from getting a real chance, and that she can help me get rid of it.

That sets off all sorts of alarm bells right there. Your family's disapproval might generate negative energy, but other than changing your family from disapproving to approving, there really isn't anything you can do to stop this negativity. You can only control its effect on you.

On trying the mundane solutions first--I've been trying to bring my mother and sister around for the past five years, and having drawn the Tower in a reading, I've finally accepted the fact that it will never happen. And you can't get rid of five years' disapproval with a talk unless you're in a movie.

No, but you can eliminate its effect on you by ceasing to care about whether or not they approve. Your family is never going to approve of everything you do nor are you going to approve of everything they do.

Also, there is a boy in them that the psychic has informed me is my soulmate, and is also connected to this play.

Soulmates, in any meaningful sense of the term, are extremely rare. This is raising more red flags for me.  He may be the right person for you, but that doesn't make him a soulmate.

I will do ANY-FUCKING-THING to make it happen.

I suspect all you have to do is quit worrying about family approval, try out for the play, and give it all you've got.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 02:49:28 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;49159
That sets off all sorts of alarm bells right there. Your family's disapproval might generate negative energy, but other than changing your family from disapproving to approving, there really isn't anything you can do to stop this negativity. You can only control its effect on you.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the psychic anymore. She does have SOME skill, but she keeps saying that 1) she should handle the "brunt" of the spellwork, and I just thought, "Fuck that, I'll look for some spells/rituals myself."

I suspect all you have to do is quit worrying about family approval, try out for the play, and give it all you've got.

I've been thinking about my "sacrifice" and trying to figure out exactly what I meant by "I will not go back to my family," and I noticed that while I was rambling about what I'd do, I gradually went from saying, "If you give me another shot, I can show them how much I want to do this" to "If you give me another show, I can show them that acting makes me happy" to "Please give me another shot at this--I will do anything for it, I just want to be happy."

And that's when the Morrigan asked what I'd stop doing to be happy, which eventually forced me to swear that "I will not go back to my family."

So... it's weird that I'm not listening to my family anymore because I've been doing what they say and forcing myself to compromise with them for five years, but I feel a lot better now.

Jabberwocky

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 04:38:48 pm »
This post details my consuming drive to be cast in Spring Awakening, for which I 1) tanked the audition due to an inexplicable hour-and-a-half wait, and 2) was inexplicably denied a second chance due to the director cancelling the callbacks on a whim.

I have quite a lot of friends in theatre and, quite honestly, your experience doesn't sound that unusual to me, let alone inexplicable.  It's unfortunately par for the course with casting calls.

So I went to see a psychic who told me that there is a negative energy (that being my family's disapproval)

A few questions.

• Did you have any inclination to believing that there was a negative energy getting in the way of your goals before talking to the psychic?
  • If so, did you mention this to the psychic before the reading?
  • Was this psychic recommended to you by someone whose judgement you trust?
  • What other interpretations of your dreams and visions have you considered apart from this one?

As you can probably tell, I think you're putting too much faith into the interpretations of someone who has a direct financial interest in you returning to her for more sessions.

As just one alternate interpretation, have you considered whether the lesson you're actually supposed to be learning is that, if you want to act, you're going to need to take setbacks in your stride and keep moving forward?
Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 06:27:24 pm »
Quote from: Sharysa;49186
So... it's weird that I'm not listening to my family anymore because I've been doing what they say and forcing myself to compromise with them for five years, but I feel a lot better now.

Unfortunately, that's sometimes what it takes. What your family wants for you isn't always what you want for you. Sometimes they might be right and you might be wrong, but you never know if you never try it your way.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 07:18:15 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;49200
Unfortunately, that's sometimes what it takes. What your family wants for you isn't always what you want for you. Sometimes they might be right and you might be wrong, but you never know if you never try it your way.

Yeah, I wasted a LOT of opportunities listening to my family's good intentions.

Quote from: Jabberwocky;49190
  • Did you have any inclination to believing that there was a negative energy getting in the way of your goals before talking to the psychic?

My family has never accepted the fact that I want to be in theater. They treat it like a hobby rather than a career goal, and they rarely go to my college's shows because "it's not like I'm one of the lead roles."

This goes in direct contrast to my theater professor's advice that "A cast is only as good as their smallest role. If you say one word and fuck that word up, you might screw the entire play over." The implication there is that everyone in a cast matters, but it took me a while to realize that because my family never believed that.

When I missed the bus for my audition and headed back home to get the car, Mom refused to let me drive and insisted on doing so herself, yet without giving me time to print out directions to the theater--after which she and my sister berated me for needing to look up directions on my phone. They kept insisting that I should just give up on it, but they've been telling me to give up on theater for the past two years and I was sick of listening to them.

The more I refused to give up, the more annoyed they got, and then I realized that they didn't really care how much I wanted to do this. They kept complaining how much I was inconveniencing them and how I "should have planned better" (forgetting the fact that I HAD planned and had gone to the bus stop early, literally missing the bus by seconds).

• If so, did you mention this to the psychic before the reading?
  • Was this psychic recommended to you by someone whose judgement you trust?
  • What other interpretations of your dreams and visions have you considered apart from this one?

I didn't mention it to the psychic, but I had a reading from her once that was fairly accurate. And yes, I have indeed realized how naive that is. Don't worry, I'm not going to see her anymore.

In my other thread in the "Paranormal" forum, someone said the visions might be metaphorical rather than literal. After writing things down and thinking about it, I realized just how much it sounded like a fairy-tale. I'm starting to feel that the visions aren't completely literal in the "I'll get cast and meet my soooooul-mate and get standing ovations every single night" sense, but that they're "embellishments" on the actual events--what reason is there to believe I won't get cast, meet a nice guy, and have my performances be well-received? Maybe the visions are so exaggerated because I'm a bard and I process "stories" better than "prophecies"?

As just one alternate interpretation, have you considered whether the lesson you're actually supposed to be learning is that, if you want to act, you're going to need to take setbacks in your stride and keep moving forward?

Actually, the lesson I need to learn is the opposite--I used to use setbacks as an excuse to give up early or not even try at all. And no matter how much I wanted something, I'd always listen to my family whenever they said, "Don't take it so hard--it's not like you had a chance. You're Asian/too quiet/inexperienced, anyway."

This never sat well with the Morrigan because as mentioned before, I was constantly compromising or giving in to what they said instead of doing what I really wanted. I've finally started to accept the fact that I have as much a chance as anyone to get the roles I want, regardless of my experience/race/personality, and that if I want something, I have to stop thinking about what my family says.

In my praying, I kept asking the Morrigan to give me another shot so I could show my family how good I really am at acting, and that acting makes me happy, but she kept ignoring me or asking, "Why should I help you for THEM?" (Please note that she doesn't really "say" anything to me--it's more like a vibe or intention.)

"I want them to know I'm happy doing this."

"Why should I care what they think? You're the one asking for help."

"But if I get another shot, I'll show them I can be successful."

"Why should you care what they think?"

"Because they're my family."

"That's nice, but aren't you twenty-two?"

"It's not THAT old."

"But it's not that young, either." (She turns around what I say a lot.)

[Rambling is cut for space and memory constraints, but I'm pretty much losing the Morrigan until I say:] "Give me another shot, please. I just want to be happy for once."

"Sorry? I didn't catch that."

"...I just want to be happy."

"What, now?"

"I just want to be happy." I finally stopped bringing my family into it, but she told me that wasn't quite enough. So I told her I'd stop being lazy/timid/passive/various other flaws, but she wouldn't accept any of that until I finally told her, "I will not go back to my family" and everything that implied: I'll stop listening to them, I'll stop trying to compromise, and I'll do something if I want to, not for anything else.

My entire post sounds really obvious, I know, but considering I was raised in a very traditional Filipino family, it's much easier said than done.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:21:13 pm by Sharysa »

Emma Theseira

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 09:35:24 am »

[Quote trimmed]

I'm so sorry to hear this. However, you may check this page out for further protection. I truly believe in Laura as I had previously encountered with problems and she had helped me a lot.
 [COMMERCIAL SPELL SELLER SPAM REMOVED]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:19:50 pm by RandallS »

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »
Quote from: Emma Theseira;74578
I'm so sorry to hear this. However, you may check this page out for further protection. I truly believe in Laura as I had previously encountered with problems and she had helped me a lot.
http://www.mostpowerfullovespells.com/SpecializedSpells/protection-spells/

Oh man. Thank you for your suggestion, but this is a VERY old thread.

Basically: The boy (and several other people) from my visions has started appearing to me in spiritual presence. I initially thought they were animal spirits, but then I had thoughts of running away from my family and they all freaked out.

They explained that they're my family members from various past lives, and that I frequently incarnate as someone that my family is unable or unwilling to understand--which explains why they all immediately accepted me into their fold.

Whenever I ran away in my past lives because I couldn't cope with my familial environment anymore, it... didn't end well. They keep telling me some version of "we'll find you this time--PLEASE don't run away again."

And also, I have found a shamanic group who's helping me deal with a LOT of concepts that I can't consciously understand.

But again, thanks for your suggestions.

Elementalist

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 04:22:46 am »

So I went to see a psychic who told me that there is a negative energy (that being my family's disapproval) blocking me from getting a real chance, and that she can help me get rid of it.

I've been trying to bring my mother and sister around for the past five years, I've finally accepted the fact that it will never happen. And you can't get rid of five years' disapproval with a talk unless you're in a movie.

But I see all this stuff in my head--where I've finally met a guy who isn't platonic/gay/a jerk, and he can handle my depression and my baggage and my bad temper because he knows he can help me sort them out.

I know it's all connected to this play and this production.

Ok. I'm having a lot of thoughts here with what you wrote so let me go through them one by one.

First of all I'd be highly suspicious of any psychic that tells you, your lack of success is coming from other people. If negativity is indeed blocking you it is far more likely it is your own. No-one else has the power to with-hold from you your own destiny. But we certainly do have the power to self-sabotage. Please think seriously about that.

Great that you've finally accepted that approval from other people may not be forthcoming and this may be a road you have to travel on your own. Acceptance of the truth is a good thing. But the other side of that is also releasing any resentment you may have on the subject. Because resentment no matter what it's about will hold us back and prevent us from going where we need to go. Take the time to see your families lack of support as a loving gesture. They only behave that way because they want to spare you pain and believe that another road would be better for you. They may not be right, but their intentions are honourable.

Great that you have a vision for your success, however success doesn't always come from the direction we think it should. The universe is powerful and has unlimited ways to deliver our destiny to us. Just because we can't see an alternative doesn't mean it isn't there. If you truly are meant for this part, this play and this cast then you will get the part no matter what. Should you not get it, it may be because your open door lies in another direction.

I have an expression I never regret the things I don't get. That's because I always find out much later down the track that the 'perfect solution' I could see back then wasn't my golden opportunity afterall. Very often my real opportunity comes fast on the heels of a disappointment and I realise that the door which opened for me easily really was the best choice.

If you really want to remove blocked energy then work with your own. Delve deep into hidden resentments and the cause for your depression. Those are the things which are needful for you to heal.

Tags: