Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Random bad luck  (Read 2068 times)

Medulla

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Random bad luck
« on: October 23, 2013, 09:10:26 pm »
Mods, I hope this is the right place to post it, I'm still figuring out my way around here.

Okay, here's the situation. A good friend of mine (L.) is going through lots of bad luck. Normally this wouldn't be enough to post about in a forum like this one, everyone has bad luck sometimes. The thing is, it's really random bad luck that keeps getting worse. None of the things that happened were L's fault, only one or two could even be seen as such and only then just indirectly.

Some examples. In the space of less than two years if I'm doing the maths right, two of her healthy and young pets died, she's lived in more than one flat and had terrible luck with flatmates, someone stole her credit card information, one of her parents became suddenly depressed and this nearly caused her family to collapse, she failed out of the program she was studying in because of health reasons, every single date she even sets up gets cancelled because of things like snow storms, she had a good opportunity to do an internship/study program abroad but it was cancelled, etc. Through this her physical health has becoming worse and worse. She's always been a healthy person with healthy habits and so on. She'll go to a doctor, get diagnosed with something, nothing gets solved, she sees another one, gets diagnosed with something else, and the cycle repeats itself until she's finally correctly diagnosed with things... but by then it's gotten out of hand and as soon as she clears it up, a new problem appears.

If that seems unbelievable, that's because it is. At first we thought it was just normal life stuff. Then we began joking that maybe she was cursed. Now she's seriously entertaining that possibility and to tell you the truth so am I. She can't seem to catch a break and it's killing me, to see someone who used to be so full of energy and plans and love get bogged down by more crap every day that goes by. I could give you so many more examples of things that happened to her, all kinds of scenarios we'd normally think are unlikely to happen to a person... let alone in combination with everything else already. Sometimes it's major things like the examples above, other times it's a combination of small problems that wears her out, though it's increasingly more the major things.

Of course that she's trying to do her best to cope with things and prevent more problems, but from my perspective the things that happen to her are beyond just making bad choices or needing more motivation. I'm not suggesting magic should be used as a crutch. I'm just asking, does anyone have any advice? Anything we can do to figure out the cause and whether it's supernatural or really just bad luck? Anything we can do to give her some more luck or strength to keep going? If it makes any difference, I asked her and she said she did a cleansing ritual and a few warding ones, it doesn't seem to be working. I did a Tarot reading for her but the answer was confusing and it was hard for me because I feel like I'm a bit biased, being so close to the situation. She doesn't know anyone else who can do it for her.

Again, I'm not trying to use magic as a crutch, just looking for something that will help because every bit counts in a situation like hers. I'll pass along a link for her to read it or e-mail her the answers or show this thread to her, I hope that's ok.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Random bad luck
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:04:39 am »
Quote from: Medulla;126615
Again, I'm not trying to use magic as a crutch, just looking for something that will help because every bit counts in a situation like hers. I'll pass along a link for her to read it or e-mail her the answers or show this thread to her, I hope that's ok.

Check the spells in the Luck Spells area of our Spell Grimoire.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Medulla

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 02:14:19 am »
Quote from: RandallS;126642
Check the spells in the Luck Spells area of our Spell Grimoire.

Thanks, I have... I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, especially when it comes to divining what's wrong. A lot of these also seem to be for general good luck and not specifically breaking bad luck or changing bad situations, so I don't know if they would be advisable for her case? I don't know though so please feel free to correct me.

Aeronis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »
Quote from: Medulla;127259
Thanks, I have... I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, especially when it comes to divining what's wrong. A lot of these also seem to be for general good luck and not specifically breaking bad luck or changing bad situations, so I don't know if they would be advisable for her case? I don't know though so please feel free to correct me.

I'm not sure about divining what's wrong, but for breaking your friend's bad-luck I would suggest a good cleansing. Now's a great time to get rid of all the old, nasty energy, and to cast some spells bringing good stuff in.

Medulla

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:44:49 am »
Quote from: Lauren L.;127752
I'm not sure about divining what's wrong, but for breaking your friend's bad-luck I would suggest a good cleansing. Now's a great time to get rid of all the old, nasty energy, and to cast some spells bringing good stuff in.

Thank you! Sorry for not replying earlier, I ended up not logging in for a while. She's done a cleanse because I ended up suggesting it since I figured it would be helpful before doing something for good luck. We're still stumped on the latter, though she's feeling better, and we're also brainstorming ideas for general protection that would fall in line with her path.

P.S.: Is that your cat in your avatar? Because it's so adorable!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:45:23 am by Medulla »

Lasseh1987

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Random bad luck
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:42:22 am »
Quote from: Medulla;130706
Thank you! Sorry for not replying earlier, I ended up not logging in for a while. She's done a cleanse because I ended up suggesting it since I figured it would be helpful before doing something for good luck. We're still stumped on the latter, though she's feeling better, and we're also brainstorming ideas for general protection that would fall in line with her path.

P.S.: Is that your cat in your avatar? Because it's so adorable!

I would suggest a circle of flow and counter-flow energy, it serves as both container of luck and protection against bad luck.

Lionrhod

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lionrhod.com
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 12:32:26 pm »
Quote from: Lauren L.;127752

I second the cleansing. Both house cleansing and salt baths sound appropriate.

Also it may help to look at what the lessons are in each case. Sometimes there are similar lessons that are coming together. Looking at where the situations started and what her reactions were to them may provide some clues.

Yes, divination may also be helpful here - I'd find an independent but respected psychic who wasn't aware of the situations.

On the health issues, I would consider an energy healer or possibly Chinese Medicine, as it sounds like there may be some deeper root cause where putting her body/energy in balance may be useful. Also without knowing the specifics of her medical issues (and I'm not a DR) it's hard to guess exactly what may be going on there, but some of the issues that come to mind that have very complicated potential diagnoses are Lyme Disease, Chron's (sp?) disease and fibromyalgia (sp?).

As far as her family's depression, that sounds like a separate issue though it may be related. It is possible that she or someone in the family may have an "attachment" (those things can spread too). For this, take note if a particular chakra or two are being affected, and definitely look into the cleansing/energy healing.
When given a choice between black and white, choose purple.
SpellCraft Secrets: The Art of Creating Magic Spells Made Easy 2nd edition, revised
Dark Moon Gates - Pagan YA Fantasy
Nenfari - FREE Dark Sword & Sorcery
The Spider\'s Yule Gift - A Children\'s Folktale & Polish Pagan Holiday Traditions
My Website

Medulla

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:05:35 pm »
Thanks to everyone who has replied, we'll look into those options the next time we're hanging out together. It's been a busy month for both of us, hence why there aren't many news.

Quote from: Lionrhod;130877
I second the cleansing. Both house cleansing and salt baths sound appropriate.

Also it may help to look at what the lessons are in each case. Sometimes there are similar lessons that are coming together. Looking at where the situations started and what her reactions were to them may provide some clues.

Yes, divination may also be helpful here - I'd find an independent but respected psychic who wasn't aware of the situations.

On the health issues, I would consider an energy healer or possibly Chinese Medicine, as it sounds like there may be some deeper root cause where putting her body/energy in balance may be useful. Also without knowing the specifics of her medical issues (and I'm not a DR) it's hard to guess exactly what may be going on there, but some of the issues that come to mind that have very complicated potential diagnoses are Lyme Disease, Chron's (sp?) disease and fibromyalgia (sp?).

As far as her family's depression, that sounds like a separate issue though it may be related. It is possible that she or someone in the family may have an "attachment" (those things can spread too). For this, take note if a particular chakra or two are being affected, and definitely look into the cleansing/energy healing.

Thank you, all of this helps a lot.

She's done a few cleansing baths and she says it's helped. It hasn't made things go wrong as actively or as quickly, which is a start. Whenever I bring up house cleanses, she brings up a few points that I can understand. She's moved back in with her family as she needs help with all her health problems. This means it's hard to do something that isn't intrusive to other family members, like incense would be for example, as one of them is allergic or at least dislikes it. The less intrusive alternatives we've thought of or found are things that require a lot of work and more energy than she currently has, like things that are done in a number of days in a row or stuff like sweeping and cleaning the house while envisioning the negativity going away (the latter is one of my chosen methods).

I'll see if she can find a psychic. It might be tough because she's currently living in a very small town, where she's complained there aren't many people she could go to for help, other than the usual blatant scams. I'll also try to find one on my own end of things who might be willing to travel. Heck, I'll even see if me and other friends can pool in some resources and money to help with that if need be.

She's looked into those health issues before and they've all been ruled out. One of her health problems is one I've had in the past as well so when she described the symptoms I brought up all the possibilities that were raised when I went through it, and they were also brought up by her doctors. She's been to several doctors and undergone various tests. They can identify each individual problem she has, but either there's a background thing nobody can discover, or she's just a lightning rod for health problems. Some of them are possibly related or just a case of a weakened health state being more prone to other complications, but other times it's random stuff like she'll be recovering and sustain an injury of some kind.

I don't know if she would be into energy healing but I think she'd be very interested in Chinese medicine, so I'll definitely suggest that to her! Thank you. Now that I think about it, we even have a mutual friend who has an in-law in that field who might be able to point her in the right direction.

You know... I hadn't thought that maybe it could be one of her family members being the main party affected and that spreading out to the rest of the family. Going by who's been affected more I also think that maybe it narrows it down. It makes a lot of sense as well, considering she seems more prone to random bad luck when she's around them a lot or communicating with them a lot. It's not even that they're negative people, they're for the most part very nice and not abusive and I know she loves them to pieces. They're even closer than most families I know seem to be, even closer than mine and that's saying a lot. I've definitely gotten weird vibes from their house before when I was visiting, and she says she's noticed it too, even when nothing negative has taken place, the whole atmosphere there just feels heavy and weird. Sorry if that sounds odd, that's the best I can describe it. Do you have any suggestions on how to address the issue if it turns out it's related mainly with one of her relatives? They know and are ok with her Paganism and know she has Pagan friends, but they're all either atheists or they believe in a higher power but aren't very spiritual or religious at all. In this sense I think it's probably a lot harder than my family, who are also ok with my own beliefs, but could find something equivalent in theirs if something came up.

Thanks!

Lionrhod

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lionrhod.com
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 01:42:00 pm »
Quote from: Medulla;131057

Some of them are possibly related or just a case of a weakened health state being more prone to other complications, but other times it's random stuff like she'll be recovering and sustain an injury of some kind.

You know... I hadn't thought that maybe it could be one of her family members being the main party affected and that spreading out to the rest of the family. Going by who's been affected more I also think that maybe it narrows it down. It makes a lot of sense as well, considering she seems more prone to random bad luck when she's around them a lot or communicating with them a lot. It's not even that they're negative people, they're for the most part very nice and not abusive and I know she loves them to pieces. They're even closer than most families I know seem to be, even closer than mine and that's saying a lot. I've definitely gotten weird vibes from their house before when I was visiting, and she says she's noticed it too, even when nothing negative has taken place, the whole atmosphere there just feels heavy and weird. Sorry if that sounds odd, that's the best I can describe it. Do you have any suggestions on how to address the issue if it turns out it's related mainly with one of her relatives? They know and are ok with her Paganism and know she has Pagan friends, but they're all either atheists or they believe in a higher power but aren't very spiritual or religious at all. In this sense I think it's probably a lot harder than my family, who are also ok with my own beliefs, but could find something equivalent in theirs if something came up.

Thanks!

Yes, if everything has been ruled out, then a simple weakened immune system sounds highly likely. Since she's probably receptive to Chinese Medicine, I'd definitely suggest looking into that, since one of the first things they'll focus on is balance and immune system.

It could definitely be an attachment that started with a family member and has "jumped."

The short version on "attachments" is that they are negative entities which feed on emotions of various sorts. For instance my ex had an anger attachment. It would do anything to create situations/emotions get him ticked off. Other attachments might focus on fear, lust, etc.

Generally, they live in the chakras, and you can often locate them by what emotions/issues are happening. With your friend, I'd suggest looking at the root chakra, based on her health issues, but also considering what other issues/chakras might be involved. Sometimes the attachment can move through/feed on more than one type of chakra/emotion.

When an attachment gets big enough, it can divide (much like a flatworm) and jump into other people. So yes, the entire family could be infected over time.

Having an attachment (if that is what it is, and I suspect that may play a part) doesn't mean that someone is a bad or negative person. Even the nicest person in the world can get one - in the same way that the nicest person in the world can get a tick if they venture into the woods.

The "cures" for an attachment are 1) house cleansing 2) personal cleansing 3) shielding (so you don't get one in the first place) and 4) possibly reaching in and pulling the darn thing out.

The "heavy" feeling of the house makes me think that there is something of that sort going on.

For your friend herself, in addition to cleanings and Chinese Medicine, I'd also recommend that she work on her shielding.

I'd also recommend that you work on your own sheilding/cleansing when visiting with her. As much as you love her, you must also protect yourself. Not from her, but from anything she might be carrying around.

A full house cleansing of that house would also be in order. The challenge is how to go about it.

I grew up in a household of atheists/agnostics, so I understand the challenges you've got here. Probably the best thing to do is get permission to cleanse the house (TRY to get permission to do all rooms) with a "what can it hurt? if forced to explain." You might even just ask for permission to "help out with a little cleaning" and not bother to mention that you're doing it on the psychic level.

If there are children in the household another tactic might be to introduce it as a "game" for the kids.

I was fortunate that although my family didn't believe in God/s, they did believe in psychic phenomena, so that might be another direction to approach from.

Feel free to PM me if there is anything you feel I could help with that you don't want to talk about in public.

Blessings!
When given a choice between black and white, choose purple.
SpellCraft Secrets: The Art of Creating Magic Spells Made Easy 2nd edition, revised
Dark Moon Gates - Pagan YA Fantasy
Nenfari - FREE Dark Sword & Sorcery
The Spider\'s Yule Gift - A Children\'s Folktale & Polish Pagan Holiday Traditions
My Website

Tags: