collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Questions on choosing the right spell  (Read 4144 times)

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on choosing the right spell
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:34 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;43712
I believe that a belief in anything with omnipotence is extremely problematic and also hard to back up by observing reality.

I believe in myself and know what would please or displease me. I also know there are things beyond my control such as death of the body and things unanticipated. I'm not totally omnipotent in that regard. I however believe I am omnipotent in what benefits my loved ones and myself and what wouldn't.
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;43710
You can't fully trust something that is not perfect and omnipotent?  That's good, because you can't fully trust a god, either, but I imagine it's a little hard on your friends and family.

And if it helps, my mother's family is Ojibwe.  Believe me, the gods are not perfect.  Nor are they particularly trustworthy.  I'm amazed that Cherokee see it so differently.

Absent

I just read this again just to be sure I was reading correctly. I was kind of hoping I was in a forum that was a bit more open to the thoughts of others regardless of their experience level. I dunno exactly what it was that I did to tick you off, but that's ok. I think I'll be canceling my membership here. Still I wish you and your family the very best life has. Good day madame.
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 01:40:11 am »
Quote from: Smokebender;43719
I just read this again just to be sure I was reading correctly. I was kind of hoping I was in a forum that was a bit more open to the thoughts of others regardless of their experience level. I dunno exactly what it was that I did to tick you off, but that's ok. I think I'll be canceling my membership here. Still I wish you and your family the very best life has. Good day madame.

Smokebender,

Speaking for myself only I advise you not to leave but to stay and participate with the forum.  In my experience one thing nearly all Pagans / Heathens tend to have in common is that we do not accept things at face value (especailly those who have been on thier pathwalks for a long period of time) but challenge ourselves and our precepts of how things work.  It may appear or seem we are not open but actually the opposite in my experience is true.  We just do not willingly (I think that is the closet term) accept things without considerable challenging and pondering of its many facets and potential realities.

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 08:31:26 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;43725
Smokebender,

Speaking for myself only I advise you not to leave but to stay and participate with the forum.  In my experience one thing nearly all Pagans / Heathens tend to have in common is that we do not accept things at face value (especailly those who have been on thier pathwalks for a long period of time) but challenge ourselves and our precepts of how things work.  It may appear or seem we are not open but actually the opposite in my experience is true.  We just do not willingly (I think that is the closet term) accept things without considerable challenging and pondering of its many facets and potential realities.

I second monsnoleedra's advice.  Please stay.

Tags: