collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: past lives  (Read 2269 times)

Faylie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
past lives
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:35:16 pm »
Not sure if this belongs here or not, but I think it does.

On the weekend I had a reading with a healer / medium.  She said, amongst other things, I had been here many times before, but am just in this life becoming more connected with my full potential.  So I was wondering how you go about finding out more about past lives.  

Also, what would be recommended reading for resources for chakras, colour therapy and auras?

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: past lives
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 11:41:27 pm »
Quote from: Faylie;41783

On the weekend I had a reading with a healer / medium.  She said, amongst other things, I had been here many times before, but am just in this life becoming more connected with my full potential.  So I was wondering how you go about finding out more about past lives.  

Also, what would be recommended reading for resources for chakras, colour therapy and auras?

Just want to point out here that Past Life Regression theropy was a big thing in the late 70's and into the 80's.  Yet there were many charlatons involved in it who used memory implanting to make thier clients think they actually had experienced past life or forgotten memories.  One of the most significant was the forgotten sexual abuse memories at the hands of a loved one.  Caused a lot of legal battles and arguments because of all of it.

Shortly after this all started to unfold it seemed to become a common occurance that all psychics and readers had to suddenly start doing past life regression and readings.  Almost to the point where one automatically had to toss in three or four past lives in every reading to ensure they keep the fish on the hook.

NOt saying this was done to you but something you need to be aware of.

With regards to Chakra's and such one of the better books I read was titled WHEELS OF LIGHT by Rosalyn Bruyere.  She spoke of the major chakra points and how they reflect upon things and discusses a bit about the lessor chakra points to be found in the joints of the body.  Something many times omitted in otehr books I have read or discussed.

Faylie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:35:36 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;41785
Shortly after this all started to unfold it seemed to become a common occurance that all psychics and readers had to suddenly start doing past life regression and readings.  Almost to the point where one automatically had to toss in three or four past lives in every reading to ensure they keep the fish on the hook.

Thank you, I am sure it happens a lot, but it isn't something I went there expecting, nor something that I mentioned or even hinted at.  I know it doesn't mean that it isn't something she just threw in, but I think it does lessen the chances of it.  

With regards to Chakra's and such one of the better books I read was titled WHEELS OF LIGHT by Rosalyn Bruyere.  She spoke of the major chakra points and how they reflect upon things and discusses a bit about the lessor chakra points to be found in the joints of the body.  Something many times omitted in otehr books I have read or discussed.

Thank you, that looks like a good, thorough book, I'll see if I can find  copy.

DaraD

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:01:13 am »

Do a search on past life meditation. I have a book (Grimoire for the Green Witch by Ann Moura) which includes a past life meditation. I can't guarantee it will work as I have yet to try it myself, but at least this way you will be free from someone else "implanting" their own ideas in your mind.

I know nothing of chakras (yet) and so can not offer advice on your second question.

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 11:48:37 am »

I have been doing readings for many years, and in all that time I have never encountered "past lives", only people who have passed over.  That isn't to say it doesn't occur, just that it has never happened to anyone I was reading for.

I do not consider myself an authority on anything, right now.  I am only giving you my input of what I have and have not encountered whilst doing readings.

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:48 pm »

Brian Weiss books on reincarnation are quite good and they explain a variety of ways to induce regression by yourself.

I feel i should warn that there's a saying that sometimes one's spirit guides can block a person from accessing past lives memories when the person is too young and/or at a point of their current life where remembering would affect too much the lessons they need to learn here and now.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Remember

• View Profile
past lives
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:17:51 am »
I have read several books about this topic and had attempted past life regression myself. But it became to intense. I have yet to get f done, but I might get it done by someone who is well trained

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 03:11:51 pm »
Quote from: Remember;42207
I have read several books about this topic and had attempted past life regression myself. But it became to intense. I have yet to get f done, but I might get it done by someone who is well trained

*** MOD HAT ON ***
Remember,

this is your 8. post on TC.
You are still ignoring the rules.

You also received several reminders of our  rules concerning quoting, which you have also chosen to ignore.

This is the first offical warning now.

Please go now and read the rules you agreed on, when signing up for an account. Do this before you're considering to post again.

Thanks.

Tana, TC-Staff
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;41785
Just want to point out here that Past Life Regression theropy was a big thing in the late 70's and into the 80's.  Yet there were many charlatons involved in it who used memory implanting to make thier clients think they actually had experienced past life or forgotten memories.  One of the most significant was the forgotten sexual abuse memories at the hands of a loved one.  Caused a lot of legal battles and arguments because of all of it.

I don't mean any sarcasm but of what use would it be to know of your past lives?

I have a small knack of interpreting dreams as well as visions and have read a ton of literature on the subject. The subject also includes contacting those who have crossed over because those who have crossed over are typically the ones contacting us via the dreams and visions.

Based on my readings and my gut telling me what may or may not be accurate, we all have had past lives. After we cross over, we may elect to come back to this side but the decision usually takes about 100 or so years to make. All of our history is stored on the other side, not in our subconscious. When we do cross over, we must relive the life we had on this side, but we do it through all the people we had a relationship with on this side. If one happened to be a mean cantankerous person that constantly hurt others, congrats, you're now experiencing hell because you're feeling all the pain and emotions of the person/s that were hurt.
To actually see what our past lives were, we must be on the other side. We may have had countless past lives and may have had to endure everything from being eaten by saber toothed tigers, being hung, dying from a painful disease,,, you name it. Could any of us psychologically withstand torment to that extent?

The past isn't what is important. The present is. You chose to be here for a reason and that was to experience life once more. Again no sarcasm intended, but what you do with your life is your decision to make. Keep in mind you will have to relive it again on the other side from the perspective of others.
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 01:50:39 am »
Quote from: Smokebender;42266
I don't mean any sarcasm but of what use would it be to know of your past lives?

Not sure if this is directed to me or I am just the linkage used.  That said, for me personally  I have no reason or concern to go in search of any potential past lives I might have lived.  In my mind I was born to experience the trails and tribulations of this life alone and have them registered upon my Spirit body.  To live it the best I can.

It is a waste of this life in my opinion to go in search of things that happened in a privous life.  I can not undo any wrongs I may have made then, can not utilize the life experience of that time to live this one as everything has changed.  Even the though of understanding that life is lost as the influences and catalyst of that time are lost upon the conditions of this time.

None of that touching upon the true mental minefield that sliping into a full past life experience potentially could reveal.  A catastrophic potential where one would question the lunacy of thier own mind and be crushed beneath its shere weight as alternate realilities come crashing inward upon ones own spirit body.  I say realilities for each life experience is but an alternate realility one has experienced though in no way does that remove the potential concept of alternate demensions or parralell timeframes which also may be recorded upon ones Spirit Body.

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 02:33:06 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;42285
Not sure if this is directed to me or I am just the linkage used.  That said, for me personally  I have no reason or concern to go in search of any potential past lives I might have lived.  In my mind I was born to experience the trails and tribulations of this life alone and have them registered upon my Spirit body.  To live it the best I can.

It is a waste of this life in my opinion to go in search of things that happened in a privous life.  I can not undo any wrongs I may have made then, can not utilize the life experience of that time to live this one as everything has changed.  Even the though of understanding that life is lost as the influences and catalyst of that time are lost upon the conditions of this time.

None of that touching upon the true mental minefield that sliping into a full past life experience potentially could reveal.  A catastrophic potential where one would question the lunacy of thier own mind and be crushed beneath its shere weight as alternate realilities come crashing inward upon ones own spirit body.  I say realilities for each life experience is but an alternate realility one has experienced though in no way does that remove the potential concept of alternate demensions or parralell timeframes which also may be recorded upon ones Spirit Body.

Nothing was directed at you or anyone in particular. I had intended the post to be generalized and an expression of my own view point. I do however totally agree with your own thoughts.
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

Aqua

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
past lives
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 04:37:56 pm »
You can scry with a black mirror or a crystal ball by setting your intent as "i want to see my past lives" or you can    search on youtube for guided meditation for past lives.
I did that scrying thing for seeing my guardian angel and it worked.
~Aqua

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 05:23:58 pm »
Quote from: Aqua;42609

Aqua:

A Reminder:
Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

Marilyn
TC Staff
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:24:35 pm by Marilyn/Absentminded »
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Tags: