collapse

Author Topic: My Crystal Collection, and the odd thing about it.  (Read 2812 times)

Miu

• View Profile
My Crystal Collection, and the odd thing about it.
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:44:06 pm »
I have a small crystal collection. Just for reference sake, although I'm not sure it matters, I'm a Cancer. (a childfree Cancer.) I also have struggled with depression and anxiety my entire life.

These are the crystals that so far call to me most. I only acquired the egg yesterday. Sometimes stones only grab my attention for a bit and then they calm down, so the egg might not stay forever as a call. Also, they are links because the images are huge. I forgot to resize them. Sorry!

http://i.imgur.com/7QFDc.jpg

Penny is there just for size. The right most crystal, of course, is a beautiful Amethyst. The egg is Labordorite. The one on the right is an extremely extremely dark green tourmaline, I have never seen one that dark. It glows green under a flashlight. These are the ones that mean the most to me, especially the Amethyst and Tourmaline.

http://i.imgur.com/mIdIH.jpg

Top row: Unakite, Sodalite, Snowflake Obisidan. Bottom row: Orange Calcite, and two small quartz crystal points. The Sodalite frequently pulls it me, I wonder what it wants?

http://i.imgur.com/7mMIb.jpg

Tigers Eye and I believe Flourite on the top. I thought I'd love the Tiger's Eye more, but strangely, I don't. Lapis Lazuli and Amazonite at the bottom.

http://i.imgur.com/B9uEd.jpg

Top: Hematite, Pyrite, Citrine. I've always been a bit fond of hematite and pyrite. I used to have a hematite ring I absolutely loved until it shattered. I would LOVE to get a hematite skull carving. Bottom: Chevron Amethyst, Rose Quartz, more tiny Amethyst. Everyone always says Rose Quartz is good for healing, but it's never agreed with me much.

http://i.imgur.com/QC8p6.jpg

Two unknown stones, three word stones, and what I believe is Obsidian.

http://i.imgur.com/qHuHn.jpg

Selenite and I think is Obsidian. These two stones seem to be fond of each other. I'm not that fond of them, though the Selenite is shiny.

http://i.imgur.com/71Wfu.jpg

Although they are not crystals, here's an extra photo of my Ammonite fossils. :D

I also have a Moss Agate worry stone around here somewhere. It's kind of...ugly, only pretty when held up to the light, but I'm not particularly...attached to it? I feel like it's not helping me enough.

I find it strange I am somewhat fond of Amethyst. I am not a spiritual person, nor do I wish to be. I'm rather fond of Hematite in any fond, though. Pyrite is the same, almost.  I am confused to why I have an aversion to Rose Quartz, however. (I have a Rose Quartz point necklace around somewhere as well, although I never use/wear it. It doesn't feel right.) although I do not have any, I've been pulled towards Malachite for awhile.

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Crystal Collection, and the odd thing about it.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:04:53 pm »
Quote from: Miu;68526
I have a small crystal collection.

I'm not really seeing what's odd about any of your stones (or the collection in general).  What exactly is odd about it?

Brina

Miu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:50:53 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;68564
I'm not really seeing what's odd about any of your stones (or the collection in general).  What exactly is odd about it?

Brina

Perhaps odd was the wrong word to use. Like I said, I am drawn to Amethyst when I'm not a spiritual person nor do I wish to be. There's a few strange things throughout that in my collection and my pull towards certain stones, or my aversion to them.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
My Crystal Collection, and the odd thing about it.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »
Quote from: Miu;68572
Perhaps odd was the wrong word to use. Like I said, I am drawn to Amethyst when I'm not a spiritual person nor do I wish to be. There's a few strange things throughout that in my collection and my pull towards certain stones, or my aversion to them.

Well, not all stones affect everyone the same way, and not every specimen of a type of stone affects people the same way.

And, probably more relevantly, people react to things for various reasons.  Maybe you just like amethyst.  ;)  It's beautiful, after all.  Amethyst is a very popular stone -- one of my favorites, even though I don't feel that it has much of a healing effect on me. (Healing is usually touted as amethyst's primary metaphysical property.)

Rocks are just plain cool.  ;)

Just my $0.02.  YMMV, of course.

~ Aster

P.S.  That dark green color is not uncommon for tourmaline.  I have a ring set with a similarly dark green tourm.  But epidote is another stone that often shows up in that same dark green range.  They can be hard to tell apart.
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Katefox

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:22:38 pm »

I don't think...actually, I'm sure not everyone collects stones because of their most common associations.  

For instance, I have an aweful lot of amethyst because I lived for a couple years in a city with an amethyst mine, and had the chance to go there a couple times to collect amethyst pieces; also purple is one of my favourite colours, so I've hung on to my amethyst collection.  The other stones I have are because of the way I, personally, associate them with the Elements, which is not the more common associations of those rocks.

Of course, I'm not actually very knowledgeable about what rocks are supposed to mean (probably because I much prefer to do what makes the most sense for me, and I've never been convinced by what I've read stones are supposed to be used for), but I don't really see why your collection is odd in any way.

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

I'm an avid beach comber and I love to collect both rocks and flotsam/jetsam (beach glass and driftwood especially).  I'm often attracted to stones by shape or texture, and not always the "pretty" ones either.  Sometimes they fit perfectly into my palm, or are almost a perfect oval shape (even if they're made of plain old rough granite).

I don't think you need to justify what you like/are attracted to or why...at least not to anyone but yourself (if that).

Brina
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 03:14:49 pm by yewberry »

Tags: