Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: I Want to Learn About Auras  (Read 2134 times)

Indra

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://apagansoul.wix.com/apagansoul
I Want to Learn About Auras
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:02:23 am »
I hope this is in the right place, I couldn't find anywhere more specific. I really would like to learn about and learn to see auras and I don't have the foggiest where to start! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Books are good, personal experiences are better as I find them easier to relate to :)

CaveMan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: I Want to Learn About Auras
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:02:49 pm »
Quote from: Indra;99839
I hope this is in the right place, I couldn't find anywhere more specific. I really would like to learn about and learn to see auras and I don't have the foggiest where to start! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Books are good, personal experiences are better as I find them easier to relate to :)

seeing auras and scrying take the same type of passive observation. learn to scry first, and seeing auras will come much easier.

Agonistes

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:34:02 pm »
Quote from: CaveMan;99844
seeing auras and scrying take the same type of passive observation. learn to scry first, and seeing auras will come much easier.

I agree with this. You can easily craft a black scrying mirror from a dollar store glass-pane picture frame and some matte/flat black spray paint.

Or, you can use a glass of water and sit the cup/chalice on a dark background.

Scrying is very versatile, many methods can be used. I find the black mirror being the easiest for me.

Remember, don't look at your reflection when scrying, the point is to have a blank and reflective surface.

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 12:20:12 am »

i actually kinda know about this! i've always been able to see auras and i think its cool because i like to pretend i have super powers. even though its not really. i'm not a professional aura-seer though. thats probably not actually a thing.
but if you got any questions i can try my best to answer!

AmberHeart

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 06:07:22 pm »

If you are amongst people and can sit quietly and politely stare at someone else (like public transit), try relaxing and envision that person surrounded by a bubble. Try thinking of colors first. That is most common. I 'see' textures myself as if the aura is cloth. I've learned to interpret what the changes in texture mean. Some people hear rather than see. So don't limit yourself to seeing but start trying to practice 'visually'. Relaxation is very important. If you are tense, then you may find this challenging.

The chakras can be good starting points to connect to the aura. For some Western psychics, they appear as whirling vortexs of light. (Crown of head, between the eyes, throat, heart, solar plexus, belly and base of the spine are the major ones). Colors vary and meanings. My experience is that the aura tends to be both fuller and more mobile around these points.

One other thing occurs and it may seem like a party trick but it does work. You need someone to do this on and as long a backup space as possible.  Take a wire hanger (not plastic, metal) and hold it vertically at heart height. The bottom that is, hold the middle of the bottom wire loosely in a fist with your thumb on the wire above. Point the handle at the other person and walk backwards. When you hit the outer edge of their aura, the hanger will swing sharpily in either direction. This tends to be the third aura, which can be quite large. Last time mine was measured, it was 18 feet across. Small wonder i have problems being in crowds.

Dark Waters

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 03:37:59 am »
Quote from: AmberHeart;101710
Try thinking of colors first. That is most common. I 'see' textures myself as if the aura is cloth. I've learned to interpret what the changes in texture mean. Some people hear rather than see. So don't limit yourself to seeing but start trying to practice 'visually'. Relaxation is very important. If you are tense, then you may find this challenging.

^This^

I have problems seeing too, but I can feel them like a pressure, stronger or weaker. Needless to say it doesn't work too well at any distance. Relax and be open to it.
I\'m living in the Shadows and the Night, wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon\'s fragile light, it frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 05:04:51 am »
Quote from: CaveMan;99844

Adding scrying to the list of stuff I need to try.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

CaveMan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 05:12:07 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;101741
Adding scrying to the list of stuff I need to try.

once you get the feel for it, it can be practiced pretty much anywhere at pretty much anytime. it isnt a difficult skill to learn, you just have to figure out how tosee within the depths of the things around you then its just waiting patiently.

Tags: