Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: How to get rid of an unlucky coin correctly?  (Read 3357 times)

nightclad

• View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
How to get rid of an unlucky coin correctly?
« on: August 17, 2017, 04:24:07 pm »
Hi,

A couple of years ago I picked up a coin from a bridge. I don't know why. I never pick up coins as I know they can be charged with a bad spell. The place I picked it up from is thousands of miles away and I can't get back there.

What would be the correct way of getting rid of this coin while making sure nobody else can pick up the bad luck that comes with it?

Thanks.

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
Re: How to get rid of an unlucky coin correctly?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »
Hi,

A couple of years ago I picked up a coin from a bridge. I don't know why. I never pick up coins as I know they can be charged with a bad spell. The place I picked it up from is thousands of miles away and I can't get back there.

What would be the correct way of getting rid of this coin while making sure nobody else can pick up the bad luck that comes with it?

Thanks.

I make no claim to magical expertise, but what comes to me off the top of my head is to donate it to the Salvation Army, or some other worthwhile charity which accepts cash gifts...along with an accompanying gift of your own which shows that you aren't trying to be cheap [2 Samuel 24:24].
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 01:47:48 am »

Thanks.

Perhaps a simple cleansing spell would do the trick, the get rid of negative energies.  Or even a spell to break a curse, as bad luck like that can sometimes be considered a curse.  Personally, I'd toss it into the ocean if possible, but that's just personal preference.
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 05:15:39 am »

My starting position on this is - why do you think this particular coin is the source of bad luck? (Which is to say: I think the chances of bad luck coming from somewhere else, or your string of what you're associating with this coin to be related to something else, or just the ordinary flow of luck in human life to be somewhat higher.)

What I'd suggest if you have specific reason to think otherwise:

1) Do some divination or meditation and see if you can clarify or confirm (and in specific, whether this is a 'get rid of this thing' or a 'shift the energetic associations of this thing' problem)

2) For cleansing, what happens if you put it in a jar of salt for a period of time? Bury it? Do specific energetic cleansing related to your preferred practices? Donate it to a suitable cause where it's transformed? Get rid of it in a way that makes it unlike to get picked up (burial,
 etc.) It's possible to run divination or similar questions for all the possible methods. \

3) Do whatever that suggests.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 06:06:45 am »
Hi,

Thanks.

If you believe the coin is bringing you bad luck I would drop it off the nearest bridge into running water. 

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 11:09:45 am »
I never pick up coins as I know they can be charged with a bad spell.

This is the first time I have ever heard of this particular superstition. Is it a family one, or cultural, or what?

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 05:51:24 pm »
This is the first time I have ever heard of this particular superstition. Is it a family one, or cultural, or what?

Pretty common in the UK in various forms. For example an old folk remedy for warts is to rub it with a coin and leave the coin at a cross roads. Anyone who picks it up will get the wart!  Many superstitious folk ( and cautious witches!) won't pick up a coin from a cross roads or a bridge for fear of what it might bring with it. I've left coins in such places myself.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 02:07:09 pm »
Pretty common in the UK in various forms. For example an old folk remedy for warts is to rub it with a coin and leave the coin at a cross roads. Anyone who picks it up will get the wart!  Many superstitious folk ( and cautious witches!) won't pick up a coin from a cross roads or a bridge for fear of what it might bring with it. I've left coins in such places myself.

That's awesome. When I was a kid it was considered lucky to pick up pennies, so I guess Canadians are just backwards. XD

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 02:27:03 pm »
That's awesome. When I was a kid it was considered lucky to pick up pennies, so I guess Canadians are just backwards. XD

Nah. It's because Canadian pennies, being Canadian, are too polite to inflict curses/bad luck on people  ;D

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: