Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: How do you experience raising energy?  (Read 1430 times)

TinyToad

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
How do you experience raising energy?
« on: September 03, 2015, 03:45:26 pm »
TL;DR - When you raise energy, what is it like for you?

The main thing I am focusing/working on lately is raising and directing energy. I think I might just really suck at it heh, but I am trying to learn and improve.

My first spell I ever tried was a funny trainwreck in retrospect. I was super nervous, rapidly fumbled my way through it, felt nothing except basic anxiety, and I think the whole thing was over in only a couple minutes.

Lately the more I read on personal energy, the more my first experiences make sense to me. I didn't really do much in the way of my own personal energy, I was just really focused on trying to make everything be acceptable and make sense. I think I put most of my focus into trying to make sure that each seat at my alter for the different elements was good enough and made sense as far as what I was placing with each, and also that they were even in terms of items and quality and so on. I was actually so nervous that I kept freezing up and couldn't even talk, it was pretty bad.

In the end I felt like I had all this stuff, and all the right stuff, sitting around, and the atmosphere was nice, but there was something important missing. I felt like I was just sitting there with a bunch of stuff.. quartz crystals I had gathered, herbs I had picked, a bell that I found at a thrift store that I figured I would use for.. something. Etc. Then all of the elemental seats had the right stuff; flame, ash and lava rocks for fire, dirt, salt and stones for earth. Etc. But ultimately I just felt really awkward and like nothing was actually happening, and like I was just fumbling around with the motions of adding things, lighting a candle and trying to talk.

All of that has gotten a little better over the past couple of months. I quickly started moving away from spellwork and more towards just interacting with the elements in a more ritualistic manner, and asking them for help. I guess my initial blunders took a hard crack at my confidence in terms of spellwork.

So now I am trying to work on actually raising energy, and then focusing it, and honestly I can't really tell if I am getting anywhere. I seem to be drawn to visualizing light, I seem to be pretty good at that part. But when I try to actually sense and feel my own energy, I tend to wind up just spacing out and getting tired. For example I will get so focused on my hands, and then start wondering if I am just becoming really aware of gravity, and the next thing I know, I have been spaced out for several minutes. I guess I really suck at this ha. I just become super aware of my body parts and focusing on them, trying to sense something, and I wind up zoning in until I'm zoning out and lose track of what I am even doing.

So I guess I have made a little progress, in that I can tell something has been missing in my spellwork attempts, and I am at least trying to sense and utilize my own energy. But I am still more or less fumbling along clueless.

So how do you all personally go about it? What is it like for you when you are raising your energy? Does my ability to focus just suck, or am I probably not even close? This whole thing just seems so subjective and so there is nothing much objective for me to watch for, and I feel totally lost.

elysium

• View Profile
Re: How do you experience raising energy?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 03:56:13 pm »
Quote from: TinyToad;179511

The main thing I am focusing/working on lately is raising and directing energy. I think I might just really suck at it heh, but I am trying to learn and improve.

My first spell I ever tried was a funny trainwreck in retrospect. I was super nervous, rapidly fumbled my way through it, felt nothing except basic anxiety, and I think the whole thing was over in only a couple minutes.

Lately the more I read on personal energy, the more my first experiences make sense to me. I didn't really do much in the way of my own personal energy, I was just really focused on trying to make everything be acceptable and make sense. I think I put most of my focus into trying to make sure that each seat at my alter for the different elements was good enough and made sense as far as what I was placing with each, and also that they were even in terms of items and quality and so on. I was actually so nervous that I kept freezing up and couldn't even talk, it was pretty bad.

In the end I felt like I had all this stuff, and all the right stuff, sitting around, and the atmosphere was nice, but there was something important missing. I felt like I was just sitting there with a bunch of stuff.. quartz crystals I had gathered, herbs I had picked, a bell that I found at a thrift store that I figured I would use for.. something. Etc. Then all of the elemental seats had the right stuff; flame, ash and lava rocks for fire, dirt, salt and stones for earth. Etc. But ultimately I just felt really awkward and like nothing was actually happening, and like I was just fumbling around with the motions of adding things, lighting a candle and trying to talk.

All of that has gotten a little better over the past couple of months. I quickly started moving away from spellwork and more towards just interacting with the elements in a more ritualistic manner, and asking them for help. I guess my initial blunders took a hard crack at my confidence in terms of spellwork.

So now I am trying to work on actually raising energy, and then focusing it, and honestly I can't really tell if I am getting anywhere. I seem to be drawn to visualizing light, I seem to be pretty good at that part. But when I try to actually sense and feel my own energy, I tend to wind up just spacing out and getting tired. For example I will get so focused on my hands, and then start wondering if I am just becoming really aware of gravity, and the next thing I know, I have been spaced out for several minutes. I guess I really suck at this ha. I just become super aware of my body parts and focusing on them, trying to sense something, and I wind up zoning in until I'm zoning out and lose track of what I am even doing.

So I guess I have made a little progress, in that I can tell something has been missing in my spellwork attempts, and I am at least trying to sense and utilize my own energy. But I am still more or less fumbling along clueless.

So how do you all personally go about it? What is it like for you when you are raising your energy? Does my ability to focus just suck, or am I probably not even close? This whole thing just seems so subjective and so there is nothing much objective for me to watch for, and I feel totally lost.
When I start raising energy I start by controlling my breathing. I have a bad habit of rushing things and I have to settle into the thought process of focusing on my body. I focus on feeling myself breathe, feel my stomach rise and fall. Then I try to focus on my heart beat. I try to feel my heartbeat beating through my whole body. I then focus on my body energy, I envision it like gold veins within me. I focus on feeling it, then I start to push the energy into my hands.

After a couple minutes of visualization I'll feel a tingling sensation. The more energy I push into my hands the larger the field of tingling becomes. That's when I know I'm ready, then I release it according to my spell. Once that's done the tingling stops.

Hope that helps!
I am but a stone in the river that is enlightenment.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: How do you experience raising energy?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 10:18:44 pm »
Quote from: TinyToad;179511

After understanding energy a bit better in the context of physical sciences, I came to the conclusion that subtle energy doesn't work that way. The stimulus and experience of it makes a very good metaphor of electromagnetic energy, or even biochemical energy, but I suspect the mechanics aren't necessarily the same.

So, I observe the object of feeling that something that I call "energy" is here in a quality of amount, but if I want to get more, I don't look for more of that. I try to get a feel for what caused the feeling (instead of feeling out for more of that feeling and gathering it in.) It's more like pulling another object into my subjective space that becomes a different thing during the pulling. Okay, maybe that is a bit like digesting some conceptual-symbolic food to metabolize subtle energy. :p
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: