collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 24 November 2020: $636 donated. Only $74 more needed! Thank you, donors!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* Recent Posts

Re: Grimoires To Die for! by Sefiru
[Today at 06:24:05 pm]


Re: Recently Blogged by Anon100
[Today at 04:44:42 pm]


Re: Recently Blogged by Anon100
[Today at 04:35:16 pm]


Re: Positive Generation by Aisling
[Today at 01:35:06 pm]


Re: Positive Generation by PerditaPickle
[Today at 08:52:41 am]

Author Topic: How do you charge and fire a sigil  (Read 7704 times)

stitchinwith

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 126
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
How do you charge and fire a sigil
« on: February 15, 2012, 06:32:09 pm »
I've been researching Chaos Magick, and have read copious volumes on the subject, some are more easier to digest than others.  To lighten this reading, I went on another site, and found an article on Chaos Magick pertaining to sigils written by Taylor Ellwood.

His article was titled "how to charge and fire a sigil by playing a video game".  I wonder if anyone else has a unique way to charge sigils, and how they quantify the success rate over, say, the more mundane methods.

Smokebender

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 93
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:05:19 am »
Quote from: stitchinwith;42955
I've been researching Chaos Magick, and have read copious volumes on the subject, some are more easier to digest than others.  To lighten this reading, I went on another site, and found an article on Chaos Magick pertaining to sigils written by Taylor Ellwood.

His article was titled "how to charge and fire a sigil by playing a video game".  I wonder if anyone else has a unique way to charge sigils, and how they quantify the success rate over, say, the more mundane methods.

 

I'm trying out two lines of thought at this point in time.

The first is do a banishment, meditate while holding the sigil in ones line of site until you feel it has "taken hold" so to speak. In essence, when you come out of the meditative trance. Then do another banishment.

The method seemed to work to well, especially the banishment. :(  My pc was working fine until I turned it on this morning. I'm just now getting it back online. I had to do a complete reinstall. I guess my spirit didn't like the evil Fedora Linux system. I'm running Debian now.

The second system is similar. Make the sigil, fix it in your mind as to what it represents then put it down. That's it. This author believes that magic is nothing more than using psychic abilities we all have. I haven't tried this one yet but intend to.
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

spoOk

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 411
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 02:39:24 am »
Quote from: Smokebender;42979
I'm trying out two lines of thought at this point in time.

The first is do a banishment, meditate while holding the sigil in ones line of site until you feel it has "taken hold" so to speak. In essence, when you come out of the meditative trance. Then do another banishment.

The method seemed to work to well, especially the banishment. :(  My pc was working fine until I turned it on this morning. I'm just now getting it back online. I had to do a complete reinstall. I guess my spirit didn't like the evil Fedora Linux system. I'm running Debian now.

The second system is similar. Make the sigil, fix it in your mind as to what it represents then put it down. That's it. This author believes that magic is nothing more than using psychic abilities we all have. I haven't tried this one yet but intend to.

 
I've made a bunch of sigils that I stash away and forget about,I then pull one out randomly at a later date and well.....uhm....pleasure myself....while trying to fix the image if the sigil in my mind...when I'm done I burn the paper I had the sigil on and flush it down the toilet,to really get rid of it....and make use of as many elements as possible.
so far so good as far as I can tell.
but I'm also looking into learning the basic lessons,suggestions and examples etc. for meditating and honing power and mental imagery in my favour.
sigils are my current favorite easy to apply to any type if spell need format right now.
I like chaos magick as I'm a big fan of magick in and of itself...witchcraft,hoodoo,etc. as it is in its unrelated to spiritual/worship sense.
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

stitchinwith

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 126
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:11:16 am »
Quote from: Smokebender;42979
This author believes that magic is nothing more than using psychic abilities we all have. I haven't tried this one yet but intend to.

 
Yes, I understand your methods, and I'll give them a go.  And it's going to be an interesting experiment charging and firing sigils via games.  Now, I don't play online games, so I'll have to select a shooting game that's mind-numbingly automatic.

stitchinwith

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 126
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 06:18:37 am »
Quote from: spoOk;42984
but I'm also looking into learning the basic lessons,suggestions and examples etc. for meditating and honing power and mental imagery in my favour.
sigils are my current favorite easy to apply to any type if spell need format right now.
I like chaos magick as I'm a big fan of magick in and of itself...witchcraft,hoodoo,etc. as it is in its unrelated to spiritual/worship sense.

 
May I suggest Jan Fries - Visual Magick, and Mya Om - Energy Essentials for Witches and Spellcasters.  I found both of these books readable and usable, and the exercises on meditation and projection of inner energies are user-friendly.

spoOk

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 411
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:02:32 pm »
Quote from: stitchinwith;42990
May I suggest Jan Fries - Visual Magick, and Mya Om - Energy Essentials for Witches and Spellcasters.  I found both of these books readable and usable, and the exercises on meditation and projection of inner energies are user-friendly.

 
yah jan fries is in my eshelf,just waiting to read thru these other books first.
:)
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

Smokebender

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 93
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 02:13:30 pm »
Quote from: spoOk;42984
I've made a bunch of sigils that I stash away and forget about,I then pull one out randomly at a later date and well.....uhm....pleasure myself....while trying to fix the image if the sigil in my mind...when I'm done I burn the paper I had the sigil on and flush it down the toilet,to really get rid of it....and make use of as many elements as possible.
so far so good as far as I can tell.
but I'm also looking into learning the basic lessons,suggestions and examples etc. for meditating and honing power and mental imagery in my favour.
sigils are my current favorite easy to apply to any type if spell need format right now.
I like chaos magick as I'm a big fan of magick in and of itself...witchcraft,hoodoo,etc. as it is in its unrelated to spiritual/worship sense.

 
I've read several times now about using self gratification, self flagellation, sex etc to charge a sigil. I haven't tried any as of yet and probably won't after the experience I had yesterday from the experiment I did the day before. What prompted me to try the last experiment was another author I had been kicking around in my head stated that when one uses things such as sex etc, you're actually distracted from your ultimate goal. I know I most assuredly would be. Focusing solely on the goal/sigil theoretically lends more energy towards accomplishing the goal.

I know I was super focused on the banishment as well as the sigil. I'm a pc geek so I know the state of my pc at all times. I also run Linux so there is zero chance of a bug in the system. Still, I couldn't do a full boot. I'm assuming the books I have on my pc that are related to cursing etc may have been  viewed as things that can be harmful,,,, which is how I view cursing. What I requested was information pertaining to a goal. I'm finding more online than I can swallow at once.
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

stitchinwith

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 126
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 02:55:04 pm »
Quote from: Smokebender;43032
I've read several times now about using self gratification, self flagellation, sex etc to charge a sigil. I haven't tried any as of yet and probably won't after the experience I had yesterday from the experiment I did the day before. What prompted me to try the last experiment was another author I had been kicking around in my head stated that when one uses things such as sex etc, you're actually distracted from your ultimate goal. I know I most assuredly would be. Focusing solely on the goal/sigil theoretically lends more energy towards accomplishing the goal.

I know I was super focused on the banishment as well as the sigil. I'm a pc geek so I know the state of my pc at all times. I also run Linux so there is zero chance of a bug in the system. Still, I couldn't do a full boot. I'm assuming the books I have on my pc that are related to cursing etc may have been  viewed as things that can be harmful,,,, which is how I view cursing. What I requested was information pertaining to a goal. I'm finding more online than I can swallow at once.

 
Glad to hear your pc is back up and running, and you've found what you're looking for.

monsnoleedra

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 957
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 05:34:46 pm »
Quote from: stitchinwith;42955
I've been researching Chaos Magick, and have read copious volumes on the subject, some are more easier to digest than others.  To lighten this reading, I went on another site, and found an article on Chaos Magick pertaining to sigils written by Taylor Ellwood.

His article was titled "how to charge and fire a sigil by playing a video game".  I wonder if anyone else has a unique way to charge sigils, and how they quantify the success rate over, say, the more mundane methods.


Not sure this is what you want but this is a form of sigil I wrote up about some time ago.

Ok another oldie that I learnt long ago. Yet it's not really high magic but not an home magic either.

The practioner starts out by drawing a circle and dividing it into 4 cells. Usually of equal size but may vary depending upon what is to be placed in each cell.

Now the first cell, usually top and left side of ring, if for what it is you desire. Into this cell one will either place a picture of the desired item or write out a description as close to what they desire as possible. The more preceise the description the more accurate the results.

The second cell, top right hand side, is where one places the "WHY" of the need. This also is very detailed and structured. Though I actually think it is simply to make sure you the practioner have really though about the why of it.

The bottom right is the powers that are being called upon to complete the spell. If your using Earth energy then of course that is what shall be included there. IF one is using sigils then that would be there.

The forth cell is for the time limit that is given for it to be completed. Many times it will be an acutal date that all must be completed by. If not completed by then the date you shall see identifiable results from your spell.

Once finished the parchment is to be hung in a visible spot. It is to be looked upon and each cell spoken as to what , when, why and how. This charges the spell display and establishes it firmly in the mind of the practioner.

The parchment is to be viewed for three days with the practioner reading the spell each time it is viewed. For that three day period the more frequently it is viewed the stronger the intent and energy that is feed into it.

FInally at the end of the third day the parchment is to be taken down and burnt to release the spell to take affect / effect. It is also important that the practioner release not only the visible parchment but also the memory of it to allow the spell to seperate and take shape and form. It in essence is released to become a free flow spell and allow the eneries that were selected to bring it to fruition and support the obtainment and energies needed to do so.

stitchinwith

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 126
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 06:57:29 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;43065
Not sure this is what you want but this is a form of sigil I wrote up about some time ago.

Ok another oldie that I learnt long ago. Yet it's not really high magic but not an home magic either.

The practioner starts out by drawing a circle and dividing it into 4 cells. Usually of equal size but may vary depending upon what is to be placed in each cell.

Now the first cell, usually top and left side of ring, if for what it is you desire. Into this cell one will either place a picture of the desired item or write out a description as close to what they desire as possible. The more preceise the description the more accurate the results.

The second cell, top right hand side, is where one places the "WHY" of the need. This also is very detailed and structured. Though I actually think it is simply to make sure you the practioner have really though about the why of it.

The bottom right is the powers that are being called upon to complete the spell. If your using Earth energy then of course that is what shall be included there. IF one is using sigils then that would be there.

The forth cell is for the time limit that is given for it to be completed. Many times it will be an acutal date that all must be completed by. If not completed by then the date you shall see identifiable results from your spell.

Once finished the parchment is to be hung in a visible spot. It is to be looked upon and each cell spoken as to what , when, why and how. This charges the spell display and establishes it firmly in the mind of the practioner.

The parchment is to be viewed for three days with the practioner reading the spell each time it is viewed. For that three day period the more frequently it is viewed the stronger the intent and energy that is feed into it.

FInally at the end of the third day the parchment is to be taken down and burnt to release the spell to take affect / effect. It is also important that the practioner release not only the visible parchment but also the memory of it to allow the spell to seperate and take shape and form. It in essence is released to become a free flow spell and allow the eneries that were selected to bring it to fruition and support the obtainment and energies needed to do so.

 
I am in awe.  It's simple, understandable, and do-able.  All that, and it has a use-by date, so it's quantifiable.  I reiterate, I am in awe.  You may consider it an oldie, but I think, why re-invent the wheel? :)

Thank you for sharing.

spoOk

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 411
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:18 pm »
Quote from: Smokebender;43032
I've read several times now about using self gratification, self flagellation, sex etc to charge a sigil. I haven't tried any as of yet and probably won't after the experience I had yesterday from the experiment I did the day before. What prompted me to try the last experiment was another author I had been kicking around in my head stated that when one uses things such as sex etc, you're actually distracted from your ultimate goal. I know I most assuredly would be. Focusing solely on the goal/sigil theoretically lends more energy towards accomplishing the goal.

I know I was super focused on the banishment as well as the sigil. I'm a pc geek so I know the state of my pc at all times. I also run Linux so there is zero chance of a bug in the system. Still, I couldn't do a full boot. I'm assuming the books I have on my pc that are related to cursing etc may have been  viewed as things that can be harmful,,,, which is how I view cursing. What I requested was information pertaining to a goal. I'm finding more online than I can swallow at once.

 
well when your alone it's easy to focus...;)
but also I focus on the image of the sigil,by this time I've completely forgot the sigils original meaning,hence it's in my subconscious,so none of my wants needs desires will be in the way of that.

I must add,I did a fully involved many pronged approach spell to find "enough work to make X amount of cash each month to live comfortably or make ends meet,sigils,knot work and some candle magic among them and by gum if I didn't get a job offer and two new clients all within a few days of each other,exactly one month to the day that I did the original spell.
I had to hurry on in and dispose of the knot working so I didn't get anything more! lol
they do say to be prepared for a gush when it does work,be careful wat you wish for and all that. also be very careful how you word your sigil sentence.
you must always remember to word it as a presently having type phrase,not a want/need thing....or you might end up with a great sigil to fill you with wanting and needing,rather than the intended goal.(directed in general,not to smoke bender )
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

stitchinwith

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 126
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:19:45 pm »
Quote from: spoOk;43104
well when your alone it's easy to focus...;)
but also I focus on the image of the sigil,by this time I've completely forgot the sigils original meaning,hence it's in my subconscious...

I had to hurry on in and dispose of the knot working so I didn't get anything more! lol
they do say to be prepared for a gush when it does work,be careful wat you wish for and all that. also be very careful how you word your sigil sentence.
you must always remember to word it as a presently having type phrase,not a want/need thing....or you might end up with a great sigil to fill you with wanting and needing,rather than the intended goal.(directed in general,not to smoke bender )



Okay, I can understand the importance of the wording, but what's this about knot working?  And where can I find information on Knot working.

stitchinwith

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 126
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 10:30:01 pm »
Quote from: stitchinwith;43108
Okay, I can understand the importance of the wording, but what's this about knot working?  And where can I find information on Knot working.


*groan* *face slap*  Do you mean cord magick - as in, knot of one, spell begun?
Stupid, stupid me.  Every time I come across a different terminology, I go into panic mode.

Smokebender

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jan 2012
  • Posts: 93
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 01:33:14 am »
Quote from: stitchinwith;43109
*groan* *face slap*  Do you mean cord magick - as in, knot of one, spell begun?
Stupid, stupid me.  Every time I come across a different terminology, I go into panic mode.

 
Oy! You're not stupid. I do similar things all the time. I have a bud up north of me that is a pc geek also. I'll run into a snag, worry over it like a dog with bone until I could chew nails and spit horseshoes.  I'll break down and send him an email. I'll no sooner hit the send button and the answer slaps me in the face so hard I'm knocked out of my chair.

As for writing the sigil sentence, an example of one of mine  could be, "I want to make a living playing guitar."
It sometimes takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few days for me to just come up with the sentence. I don't mean any sarcasm but I want to see results in short order of some kind so I want to be very specific in my wording. For me patience is a word that happens to be the name of a cousin in Philadelphia and not a trait I've ever possessed.

What I would expect to see in short order is I'm being directed to places that give guitar lessons, probably for free.

I think it was Alan Chapman in "The Camel Rides Again" that detailed the approach I took. He had simplified things down until nearly all ritual was cut out of the equation. Unless of course one wants the ritual. I like the K.I.S.S.method myself. Except for the cool tools I'm acquiring I hope to keep it simple.

I gotta share this one also. I made a sigil saying I needed a Damascus dagger for banishing. I can't afford the $100+ price tags I saw in Ebay. I charged the sigil, went on Ebay the next day and looked at the "ending soonest" auctions for Damascus daggers. I picked up a $125 dagger for 1 cent plus $8 shipping. Now how cool is that?
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

spoOk

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 411
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you charge and fire a sigil
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 02:38:04 am »
Quote from: Smokebender;43116
Oy! You're not stupid. I do similar things all the time. I have a bud up north of me that is a pc geek also. I'll run into a snag, worry over it like a dog with bone until I could chew nails and spit horseshoes.  I'll break down and send him an email. I'll no sooner hit the send button and the answer slaps me in the face so hard I'm knocked out of my chair.

As for writing the sigil sentence, an example of one of mine  could be, "I want to make a living playing guitar."
It sometimes takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few days for me to just come up with the sentence. I don't mean any sarcasm but I want to see results in short order of some kind so I want to be very specific in my wording. For me patience is a word that happens to be the name of a cousin in Philadelphia and not a trait I've ever possessed.

What I would expect to see in short order is I'm being directed to places that give guitar lessons, probably for free.

I think it was Alan Chapman in "The Camel Rides Again" that detailed the approach I took. He had simplified things down until nearly all ritual was cut out of the equation. Unless of course one wants the ritual. I like the K.I.S.S.method myself. Except for the cool tools I'm acquiring I hope to keep it simple.

I gotta share this one also. I made a sigil saying I needed a Damascus dagger for banishing. I can't afford the $100+ price tags I saw in Ebay. I charged the sigil, went on Ebay the next day and looked at the "ending soonest" auctions for Damascus daggers. I picked up a $125 dagger for 1 cent plus $8 shipping. Now how cool is that?

 
well done!
and yes my knot work is basically cord magick,though I'm not doing it in the way I've seen that tends to be Wiccan. I don't have a thick cord belt I wear on my ritual robes that is something to do with my initiations into higher levels of Wiccan ways with the 9 knots etc.

I use cotton threads of specially chosen for the purpose colours and numerical length braided together and then knotted in various manners depending on the work.
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
1255 Views
Last post May 13, 2014, 12:34:55 pm
by Wandering Wind
0 Replies
1815 Views
Last post August 04, 2014, 09:53:33 am
by Ouroboros
10 Replies
2687 Views
Last post September 12, 2014, 01:56:17 pm
by MadZealot
18 Replies
7899 Views
Last post November 30, 2015, 09:45:06 am
by Gigi Kiersten
9 Replies
2987 Views
Last post November 26, 2016, 05:42:04 pm
by mandrina

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 49
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal