collapse

Author Topic: Health spells for pets  (Read 844 times)

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
Health spells for pets
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:34:05 pm »
I'm thinking of teaching myself magic, and I decided I'd try to start with something practical.

I have an eight-year-old cat of questionable health--she has mild chronic digestive issues and severe arthritis, which I treat with a special diet and supplements as directed by her vet. However, in general the medical options for pet health are often limited, especially when it comes to feline pain (cats can't take most of the painkillers humans rely on). So if I'm going to do magic, a good place to start would be to try to improve my pet's quality of life.

I'm doing research on the specifics, of course (e.g., what semiprecious gemstones are good for arthritic ailments), and I have some solid ideas of how to construct the spell. In addition, I plan to try to use the energy in question to make myself more in tune with her needs so I can better spot when she's feeling unwell and act to help her.

But I haven't found any information on magic aimed at pets in particular, so I thought I'd ask here if there's anything I'm missing. Does anyone here have experience doing spells involving pets? What would you suggest? Are there any resources I've missed?
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Soletaken

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Health spells for pets
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:49:56 pm »
Quote from: Eastling;189941
I'm thinking of teaching myself magic, and I decided I'd try to start with something practical.

I have an eight-year-old cat of questionable health--she has mild chronic digestive issues and severe arthritis, which I treat with a special diet and supplements as directed by her vet. However, in general the medical options for pet health are often limited, especially when it comes to feline pain (cats can't take most of the painkillers humans rely on). So if I'm going to do magic, a good place to start would be to try to improve my pet's quality of life.

I'm doing research on the specifics, of course (e.g., what semiprecious gemstones are good for arthritic ailments), and I have some solid ideas of how to construct the spell. In addition, I plan to try to use the energy in question to make myself more in tune with her needs so I can better spot when she's feeling unwell and act to help her.

But I haven't found any information on magic aimed at pets in particular, so I thought I'd ask here if there's anything I'm missing. Does anyone here have experience doing spells involving pets? What would you suggest? Are there any resources I've missed?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any crystals for the digestive issues, but I would recommend goldstone for the arthritis. I know some people don't like goldstone since it's a man-made glass and not a naturally occurring crystal, but the copper content makes it a helpful stone for joint pain. I wear or carry it when my shoulder acts up.

I would cleanse and charge the stone, and put it under your cat's bed, or wherever she prefers to sleep. We had a ferret who had to have surgery, and I kept a piece of bloodstone  (excellent for wounds) taped to her cage by her bed. Her incision healed very quickly, and our vet was surprised how quick she healed. Ditto with a dog of ours who needed surgery, zipped a bloodstone into his pillow and when we took him back 2 weeks later to get his staples out, the vet commented that it looked like our dog had been healing for 4 weeks instead of two. So, yeah, from my experience I'd say choose an appropriate stone for her issues, and keep it where she sleeps or spends alot of her time.

You might find The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall useful. There are 2 volumes, but the first is the one I'd look for first. It lists different crystals, metaphysical properties, and physical healing properties of the stones.

I hope she feels better, and hope you find plenty of useful information and ideas.

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
Re: Health spells for pets
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 11:10:50 pm »
Quote from: Soletaken;189943
So, yeah, from my experience I'd say choose an appropriate stone for her issues, and keep it where she sleeps or spends alot of her time.

That sounds like the start of a plan.

I was thinking of making her a little amulet of the right stones, charged with the right energy, and putting it on her collar for a while. But if that irritates her too much, you're probably right that just putting it around her somewhere would work.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Tags: