Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Grounding; Altered ground levels  (Read 3221 times)

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
Grounding; Altered ground levels
« on: October 22, 2019, 02:02:21 pm »
Ok, so I have a new question ( they seem to be coming thick and fast suddenly ).

I sometimes find when I ground that it feels like the 'ground' is either lower or higher than where I'm stood. Like I go down through a cavity before hitting something solid or like I'm already ankle deep.
To my mind this has made sense when I've been above ground level and even in my old house ( which was old and where the ground level may have changed). However it's also happened more recently where I can't see an obvious reason.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this or is it my weird mind playing tricks with me?

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Re: Grounding; Altered ground levels
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 02:11:40 pm »
Ok, so I have a new question ( they seem to be coming thick and fast suddenly ).

I sometimes find when I ground that it feels like the 'ground' is either lower or higher than where I'm stood. Like I go down through a cavity before hitting something solid or like I'm already ankle deep.
To my mind this has made sense when I've been above ground level and even in my old house ( which was old and where the ground level may have changed). However it's also happened more recently where I can't see an obvious reason.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this or is it my weird mind playing tricks with me?

Huh.  I had never considered the possibility of grounding having anything to do with the literal ground, I always thought it was a metaphor for making yourself safe and stable like and electrical ground wire.  That said, I could be completely wrong and you may be right, or we're just accessing things in a different way.   If I had that experience I'd be tempted to start digging to see if what I'd sensed was physically true( e.g., maybe you hit the sewer pipe or something), or if it represented another, more spiritual kind of block.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 02:26:28 pm »

I've had to make some mental adjustments, when I wasn't on ground level (like you mentioned)...grounding on a plane was particularly hard for me (anxiety related).

But I also think that you might feel the 'ground' was higher/lower based on how ungrounded you were.  Feeling like you are floating is a common sensation for people who need to ground.  Feeling like you were already ankle deep might be an indication of feeling stuck or like you were being swallowed (maybe you need to do things that will lighten you up?)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 02:45:43 pm »
Huh.  I had never considered the possibility of grounding having anything to do with the literal ground, I always thought it was a metaphor for making yourself safe and stable like and electrical ground wire.  That said, I could be completely wrong and you may be right, or we're just accessing things in a different way.   If I had that experience I'd be tempted to start digging to see if what I'd sensed was physically true( e.g., maybe you hit the sewer pipe or something), or if it represented another, more spiritual kind of block.

That sounds a good idea. I'll have a check into that.

I'll have to do a bit of reading. It never even occured to me that it could be a metaphore for some reason. I've always thought that it was a way of rooting/anchoring into the energy in the ground itself ( sort of like tapping into the water table.

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 02:48:28 pm »
I've had to make some mental adjustments, when I wasn't on ground level (like you mentioned)...grounding on a plane was particularly hard for me (anxiety related).

But I also think that you might feel the 'ground' was higher/lower based on how ungrounded you were.  Feeling like you are floating is a common sensation for people who need to ground.  Feeling like you were already ankle deep might be an indication of feeling stuck or like you were being swallowed (maybe you need to do things that will lighten you up?)

Ah, that makes sense. I did feel a bit 'dragged down' by the weight of work today and found the level to be high when I focussed on grounding.

Tags: