collapse

Important Announcement

Changing the Guard at The Cauldron

Sunflower is the new Host of The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum
Please read this thread for more information.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Blessing an amulet  (Read 1195 times)

EclecticWheel

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Location: Texas
  • Posts: 654
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 152
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Re-evaluating/ Star & Marian Rites, Agnostic with faith
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Blessing an amulet
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:51:59 pm »
I'm thinking of creating an amulet with a piece of jewelry a friend gave me as a gift.  I would like to bless it with a protective spell, preferably a chant and focused attention.

Is that a good way to charge an amulet with my intention?
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Materialist

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Posts: 605
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Blessing an amulet
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 10:13:09 pm »
Quote from: EclecticWheel;117620

Is that a good way to charge an amulet with my intention?


Sounds like a plan to me. You can also try asking such questions in the "Magic and Occult for Beginners" forum, might find more knowledgeable folks there.

EclecticWheel

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Location: Texas
  • Posts: 654
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 152
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Re-evaluating/ Star & Marian Rites, Agnostic with faith
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Blessing an amulet
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:16:36 pm »
Quote from: Materialist;117623
Sounds like a plan to me. You can also try asking such questions in the "Magic and Occult for Beginners" forum, might find more knowledgeable folks there.

 
Thanks - I'll do that.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

EclecticWheel

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Location: Texas
  • Posts: 654
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 152
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Re-evaluating/ Star & Marian Rites, Agnostic with faith
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Question about blessing an amulet
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:21:18 pm »
I have a pendant my friend gave me as a gift with an image that is symbolic and important to me.  I'd like to charge the jewelry with my intention (spiritual and physical protection) using a chant and focused attention, directing my focus with a wand I created.

I have never performed this type of a spell, so I'm open to any advice on this method.  Is this method or one similar to it affective?  Should I repeat the spell from time to time to strengthen it?

I just wanted to get a few opinions from those who may have tried this type of spell before I do it for the first time.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

ALiteraryLady

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2013
  • Posts: 203
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Question about blessing an amulet
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:02:22 am »
Quote from: EclecticWheel;117625
I have a pendant my friend gave me as a gift with an image that is symbolic and important to me.  I'd like to charge the jewelry with my intention (spiritual and physical protection) using a chant and focused attention, directing my focus with a wand I created.

I have never performed this type of a spell, so I'm open to any advice on this method.  Is this method or one similar to it affective?  Should I repeat the spell from time to time to strengthen it?

I just wanted to get a few opinions from those who may have tried this type of spell before I do it for the first time.

 
To be honest, you have a fairly solid idea of how you want to bless this amulet. A chant that you repeat for a while (like anywhere from five minutes to 45 min.) will help you focus your thoughts and intentions on the amulet. I tend to lean towards using herbs to help charge objects (green thumb and all), for example, I have used herbs that increase money to charge a stone that I had in my pocket for a job that eventually lead me to the position I'm in now, so I like to think it helped me out. :) I did wrap the herbs in a pouch with the stone and chanted so I could focus my intent on the stone. I also imagined the essence of the herbs being absorbed by the stone.

You can repeat the spell if you want the amulet to work for more than a few occasions, like doing it during a esbat, so the moon can aid in charging the amulet. Some people I know do this with their magical tools and tarot decks, so I don't see why it couldn't work for an amulet. I hope this helped give you some more ideas.

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10166
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 253
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Question about blessing an amulet
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 07:59:03 am »
A Reminder:
I have combined two threads on the same topic.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

Viv

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 210
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Blessing an amulet
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:41:05 pm »
Quote from: EclecticWheel;117620
I'm thinking of creating an amulet with a piece of jewelry a friend gave me as a gift.  I would like to bless it with a protective spell, preferably a chant and focused attention.

Is that a good way to charge an amulet with my intention?


I generally just place the amulet in a shallow bowl of sea salt overnight and then say a simple blessing over it the next day but I know that may not work for everyone.

If you're looking for more info/possibilities, you could google, "cleansing and charging protective jewelry" or something like that and probably find tons of options.

Do what feels right for you and I'm sure it will work just fine.

Hope that helps a little :)
 
~Kay
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Aster Breo

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2826
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 48
    • View Profile
Question about blessing an amulet
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 03:32:46 am »
Quote from: windshadow;117693
I generally just place the amulet in a shallow bowl of sea salt overnight and then say a simple blessing over it the next day but I know that may not work for everyone.

Just a quick note:  If your amulet includes stones, be careful about putting it directly onto/into salt.   Salt can damage some stones.  Ditto for salt water.
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

EclecticWheel

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Location: Texas
  • Posts: 654
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 152
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Re-evaluating/ Star & Marian Rites, Agnostic with faith
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Question about blessing an amulet
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 01:28:23 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;117728
Just a quick note:  If your amulet includes stones, be careful about putting it directly onto/into salt.   Salt can damage some stones.  Ditto for salt water.

 
Thanks everyone!  I have a clearer idea of how to go about this now.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
11 Replies
1929 Views
Last post May 16, 2013, 06:37:36 pm
by Aster Breo
3 Replies
802 Views
Last post August 26, 2013, 07:44:45 pm
by Aster Breo
6 Replies
2443 Views
Last post May 18, 2014, 06:12:33 pm
by Airelinn
4 Replies
884 Views
Last post January 15, 2016, 06:37:42 am
by MeadowRae
2 Replies
757 Views
Last post September 15, 2017, 02:12:40 am
by Froði Ingsson

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall