Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: Barrier in person's aura  (Read 3106 times)

Nuummite

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Barrier in person's aura
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:29:49 pm »
What is your opinion on the claims in this article? I paraphrase them here:

People practice a form of shielding where they visualize a protective layer in one's aura. The article author claims that the extra, unnatural layer forces the lower auric levels down and makes them stagnant.

The auric layers outside the shield can't connect the lower layers through the shield, which makes them structurally unstable.
The outer, higher aura layers are associated with spiritual realms and consciousness, so the hard shield acts as an obstacle for higher energies and spiritual connections.

The author recommends against doing this type of shielding regularly.

I would especially like to hear from members who can perceive auras, if they have noticed anything like this.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Barrier in person's aura
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 08:06:39 pm »

For one thing, it's my understanding that a shield is supposed to stand between one's self and external influences, and therefore, there should not be any of one's own aura outside the shield. I'm also confused by the idea that the outer layers of the aura are 'higher' in spirituality or consciousness, since I've always imagined it was the other way around.

I do agree that hard shield would block spiritual connection; that is the point of having a shield. Most forms of shielding I have heard of allow for certain types of energies to pass through them, or have 'doors' built in.

I get a distinct sense of 'sales pitch' from this article ... as if the author is trying to convince readers there is a problem, in order to sell them the solution.

However, if one takes auras as a metaphor, I think there is a good point there: that being assertive leads to better mental health than being constantly or overly defensive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

scoutyote

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Dragonblog.biz
  • Religion: Heathen/pagan/witch
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 03:20:32 am »

People practice a form of shielding where they visualize a protective layer in one's aura. The article author claims that the extra, unnatural layer forces the lower auric levels down and makes them stagnant.

The auric layers outside the shield can't connect the lower layers through the shield, which makes them structurally unstable.
The outer, higher aura layers are associated with spiritual realms and consciousness, so the hard shield acts as an obstacle for higher energies and spiritual connections.

I would especially like to hear from members who can perceive auras, if they have noticed anything like this.

The only barrier this person is perceiving is a barrier to their ability to manipulate you out of your money.

Shielding is supposed to protect you. 

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 12:49:40 pm »
The only barrier this person is perceiving is a barrier to their ability to manipulate you out of your money.

Shielding is supposed to protect you.

I agree this article reads like many of the other sales pitches I've heard...creating a danger situation that they assure you is present in you, but they can fix it.

I shield, every day, to help keep my own energies and other people's separate and to protect me from stuff that would hurt me.  I shield more if there is a distinct threat I am being faced with.  I have never experienced any of the stuff described in this article.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 01:36:03 pm »

I don't see auras ( other than as a lighter area ) but this is interesting as sometimes I've felt more comfortable visualising light pushing out surrounding me rather than a solid shield.. Not sure if it's just me?

Anyway the idea of the author sounds silly as explained by other posters

Nuummite

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 10:51:00 pm »
I agree this article reads like many of the other sales pitches I've heard...creating a danger situation that they assure you is present in you, but they can fix it.

I shield, every day, to help keep my own energies and other people's separate and to protect me from stuff that would hurt me.  I shield more if there is a distinct threat I am being faced with.  I have never experienced any of the stuff described in this article.

I have been mulling over this subject. The claims are shaky, indeed.

I found a valuable post elsewhere in this forum. Jenett wrote that shields are not always walls, they can also be filters. The author doesn't consider different forms of shielding and their different effects. He likely generalizes things.

You mention the possibility of making stuff up to increase sales. I thought about something different. What if the author's psychic perceptions were real, but he confused the cause and the effect? What if his sample was atypical?

Imagine that there are people with weak outer layers of aura and sludgy inner layers of aura. Their relationship to the physical world and practical things is problematic, due to their inner aura blockages. So they get nervous. They get occasionally anxious. They are interested in metaphysical matters and learn to shield. They shield often and heavily. Then they go to a healer because of their problems.

Now a healer with a psychic sight sees their auras and believes that the structural problems of their auras were caused by shielding. He writes about it in his blog.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I got a chance to practice critical thinking skills.

Tags: aura shielding