Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:45:55 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 06:39:30 pm]

Author Topic: Banishing negativity//finding I  (Read 2225 times)

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
Banishing negativity//finding I
« on: April 03, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »
Greetings everyone,

I'm looking for a good ritual.  One that would diminish negativity.  I've recently been unable to shake some negativity coming from a person who's not an active part of my life. I DO NOT WANT ANY RITUAL DIRECTED AT THE PERSON.  I'm a firm believer that what you put out comes back to you.  I want something to help me find peace with a situation that can't be fixed.  A negative force you can't please.  

So I guess I'm really looking for a spell to help me :)  To help me make peace with what I cannot control.  

Thank you and be well!

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Banishing negativity//finding I
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:32 am »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;104244
Greetings everyone,

I'm looking for a good ritual.  One that would diminish negativity.  I've recently been unable to shake some negativity coming from a person who's not an active part of my life. I DO NOT WANT ANY RITUAL DIRECTED AT THE PERSON.  I'm a firm believer that what you put out comes back to you.  I want something to help me find peace with a situation that can't be fixed.  A negative force you can't please.  

So I guess I'm really looking for a spell to help me :)  To help me make peace with what I cannot control.  

Thank you and be well!

Welcome. :)

I've been (and am) in those situations myself, and the only thing that really works is to remind yourself that all things change with time and it will ultimately pass, and taking care of yourself first.

Aromatherapy (incense, oils), music, taking time out for myself, movies, remembering to get out of the house and see people, and did I mention reminding yourself all situations are temporary?

Think about what steps you can take to change those situations on mundane terms, put your energy into that and take care of yourself in the meantime. :)

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:54:53 am »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;104244
Greetings everyone,

Thank you and be well!

I can tell I'm a control freak since my immediate thought was, "but you COULD---!"

You don't want to even send back this persons negative vibes at them? Like a simple mirror spell? No?

Well. In that case, you're probably best off doing a series of cleansings to take off the negativity. I'm a fan of baths for that sort of thing. Really basic ones would include: apple cider vinegar and salt,
or sea salt, baking soda and Epsom salt.

The first you're supposed to immerse yourself in three times while praying, the second you can soak in. Don't use soap in either. After that, you could probably take a bath for peace - I'd use basil, or maybe vervain and lemon balm.

You could also use candles. Dress a black one with a banishing oil - like sandalwood or lemongrass or something - and charge it with ridding your life of negative vibes. Once that's done, you could dress a white candle with peaceful oil like rose or lavender and charge it with bringing peace and love into your life.

Obviously you could use a combination of baths and candles as you see fit.

Really, in situations like yours, the thing to remember is if you're flushing out negative energy you should always try and draw in something positive once you've done the clearing. I would also suggest protective measures if this person is consistently sending nasty stuff your way.

Nice and easy! And cheap!

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 02:38:44 am »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;104253
I can tell I'm a control freak since my immediate thought was, "but you COULD---!"

You don't want to even send back this persons negative vibes at them? Like a simple mirror spell? No?

Well. In that case, you're probably best off doing a series of cleansings to take off the negativity. I'm a fan of baths for that sort of thing. Really basic ones would include: apple cider vinegar and salt,
or sea salt, baking soda and Epsom salt.

The first you're supposed to immerse yourself in three times while praying, the second you can soak in. Don't use soap in either. After that, you could probably take a bath for peace - I'd use basil, or maybe vervain and lemon balm.

You could also use candles. Dress a black one with a banishing oil - like sandalwood or lemongrass or something - and charge it with ridding your life of negative vibes. Once that's done, you could dress a white candle with peaceful oil like rose or lavender and charge it with bringing peace and love into your life.

Obviously you could use a combination of baths and candles as you see fit.

Really, in situations like yours, the thing to remember is if you're flushing out negative energy you should always try and draw in something positive once you've done the clearing. I would also suggest protective measures if this person is consistently sending nasty stuff your way.

Nice and easy! And cheap!

Ok, mirroring spell.... can you elaborate?  

And I love the idea of cleansing.  I might sage the house.  I should sage my iPhone.  

And I love baths so that works.  I also think you're totally right about filling the void with positive.  I've just been so torn up about this today.  It's partly hormonal and partly just that someone was mean and really public about it.

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:40:00 am »
Quote from: Laveth;104252
Welcome. :)

I've been (and am) in those situations myself, and the only thing that really works is to remind yourself that all things change with time and it will ultimately pass, and taking care of yourself first.

Aromatherapy (incense, oils), music, taking time out for myself, movies, remembering to get out of the house and see people, and did I mention reminding yourself all situations are temporary?

Think about what steps you can take to change those situations on mundane terms, put your energy into that and take care of yourself in the meantime. :)

Isn't this the most honest post?  So wise.  Thank you.  I have two off days and I'm going to mend (hence my screen name).  I also always wear patchouli oil.  For many reasons, but mainly it's very soothing.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 02:04:27 pm »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;104258
Isn't this the most honest post?  So wise.  Thank you.  I have two off days and I'm going to mend (hence my screen name).  I also always wear patchouli oil.  For many reasons, but mainly it's very soothing.

I finally found a place that sells affordable patchouli oil, but I haven't tested it out yet (blasphemy, I know). Usually I run to my amber and bayberry.

I really agree with Mama Fortuna's post too, it's something I tend to forget to do myself so I'll have to make a mental note. Make sure you bring in the positivity as you're shedding the negativity. :)

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 09:51:43 pm »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;104257
Ok, mirroring spell.... can you elaborate?  

And I love the idea of cleansing.  I might sage the house.  I should sage my iPhone.  

And I love baths so that works.  I also think you're totally right about filling the void with positive.  I've just been so torn up about this today.  It's partly hormonal and partly just that someone was mean and really public about it.

Mirror spells are the magical equivalent of the childhood  "I'm rubber and you're glue" song - they are designed to throw directed  negative energy right back at the sender.

Cleansing is a good habit to get into if you practice magic on a regular basis. Helps prevent all sorts of stuff. And I love baths, too. :D

I'm sorry to hear about someone being a nasty jackwagon to you in public. That never feels good. The only advantage is that often when people do that, others see and are unimpressed. But yeah, drawing in good things after banishing the bad is a sweet form of revenge.

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:36:19 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;104394
Mirror spells are the magical equivalent of the childhood  "I'm rubber and you're glue" song - they are designed to throw directed  negative energy right back at the sender.

Cleansing is a good habit to get into if you practice magic on a regular basis. Helps prevent all sorts of stuff. And I love baths, too. :D

I'm sorry to hear about someone being a nasty jackwagon to you in public. That never feels good. The only advantage is that often when people do that, others see and are unimpressed. But yeah, drawing in good things after banishing the bad is a sweet form of revenge.

So, tonight I'm going to do a nice house cleansing.  After that I'm going to do the bath..  But can you lead me to a good mirroring spell?

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 12:11:45 am »
Quote from: milkeyedmender;104398
So, tonight I'm going to do a nice house cleansing.  After that I'm going to do the bath..  But can you lead me to a good mirroring spell?

Sure thing. There's a reversing spell right here n the Cauldron's Grimoire.

The basic mirror spell I learned ages and ages ago was to dress a black candle and inscribe it with the name of your enemy (or 'all my enemies' if you don't know who is messing with you) and then charge it with the intent of reversing their energy. You then let this burn in front of a cheap mirror you've bought for this occasion. When the candle burns out, dispose of the remains and the mirror at a crossroads.

Tags: