Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Baby Blessing  (Read 1577 times)

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pantheist Pagan Witch with Celtic Leanings
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/He/She
Baby Blessing
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:21:26 pm »
I am 8 months pregnant and we just moved. I cleansed and protected the house through smoke, ritual, and prayer. I hung a pentagram and a cross in the house and I have a small protection satchel by the front door.  I am wondering now if there is something special I can do for our child's room? I am not interested in using runes in my practice at the moment, but I am open to working with crystals and herbs.
The genderqueer witch your mother warned you about

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Blessing
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:22:40 am »
Quote from: ViolaRae;185166
I am 8 months pregnant and we just moved. I cleansed and protected the house through smoke, ritual, and prayer. I hung a pentagram and a cross in the house and I have a small protection satchel by the front door.  I am wondering now if there is something special I can do for our child's room? I am not interested in using runes in my practice at the moment, but I am open to working with crystals and herbs.

A crystal grid, or crystals in the corners, perhaps? I'm not super good on associations, but rose quartz comes to mind. You could also weave an herbal wreath.

I'd avoid using smoke in that room from here on (although I don't think there's a problem with you having done so already). I don't know a lot about babies, but I understand they're delicate and I don't recommend smoke cleansing even in homes with pets (unless evacuated during and aired out after) because of delicate respiratory systems.

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:07:00 am »
Quote from: ViolaRae;185166

If the room gets enough light you could grow basil (for protection) on the windowsill
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 06:35:02 am »
Quote from: Scales;185179
A crystal grid, or crystals in the corners, perhaps? I'm not super good on associations, but rose quartz comes to mind. You could also weave an herbal wreath.

I'd avoid using smoke in that room from here on (although I don't think there's a problem with you having done so already). I don't know a lot about babies, but I understand they're delicate and I don't recommend smoke cleansing even in homes with pets (unless evacuated during and aired out after) because of delicate respiratory systems.

Rose quartz in the corners is definitely doable, and I'll be sure to not have baby around if I do use smoke. I have a love of incense that is going to have to change slightly once baby joins us.

MeadowRae

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 06:37:42 am »
Quote from: Jake_;185187
If the room gets enough light you could grow basil (for protection) on the windowsill

I am quite new to this, and didn't know basil was a protective plant. Thank you! The trouble isn't the amount of light, but the other residents of the house. (Okay, just my cat.) He loves to knock over and eat houseplants. I have one lone shamrock that has survived because I put it in an inconvenient spot for him. Maybe when it gets warmer I could start a window box when it warms up, though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:38:06 am by MeadowRae »

Tags: