collapse

Author Topic: Working with both: priestess & academic in Welsh ways  (Read 1605 times)

Morgain

• View Profile
    • http://www.mabinogistudy.com
Working with both: priestess & academic in Welsh ways
« on: October 25, 2016, 08:01:53 am »
Annwyl pawb! Hello everyone!
I am an elder priestess, originally a Londoner migrated to Wales. I had always loved the Welsh tales, then  I handfasted a beautiful Welshman. When he showed me his land and shared his lore, I was lost forever ... that is, found.

I came to modern Paganism in 1982, in Goddess, then Craft, becoming a teacher myself, and quite well known. I taught a radical freedom to build in one's own way, and acknowledge Valiente as my foremother.
One of my covens centred on the Mabinogi and my life moved to Wales in the 90s.. I retired from public priestess work in 2002.

In 2013 I began a PhD on the Mabinogi, specifically Rhiannon, at Swansea University.
Being both academic and a priestess is not difficult to me. It's fun using different points of view. I do want to make the wealth of information locked up in university circles, more available. So I plan some books, and an online course or two.

On here I look forward to enjoying others' experiences. I'm happy to help from my life gatherings. Perhaps I could start a thread somewhere about my beloved Mabinogi and its associated Welsh lore, to share what I have studied and divined.
'Practice' has faded over the years, or alternatively it's just part of me so I slip into it without noticing ... a quick breathing and it's there, guidance, inner matters reveal, built on many years patient doing it.

My cats and my little family are my great loves and joy apart from the lore. There is always a warm, solid, furry person next to me as I write ... articles, academic papers, poems, stories, plans ...
My sadness is how society has been smashed up over the last 35 years quite deliberately by the tiny wealth class, so I am very political to understand how this has happened. I think the change has begun to bring back the decent society we once had when people did get basic respect.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:05:03 am by Morgain »

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
Re: Working with both: priestess & academic in Welsh ways
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 11:31:39 am »
Quote from: Morgain;198019
Annwyl pawb! Hello everyone!

Hello from North Wales

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Working with both: priestess & academic in Welsh ways
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 01:14:13 am »
Quote from: Morgain;198019

Welcome to TC!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: